Contact form

• Question
  • Updated 6 years ago
  • Answered
I have a contact form on my website & have a some questions to make things less confusing and pop better. Not sure how this forum works with questions on the same topic.

1. Is there any coding to increase the size of the SUBMIT button?

2. Is there any coding to increase the size of the MESSAGE box?

3. I'm using CAPTCHA is there any way to get a different color than red for text?

4. I used a widget html code (see below) above contact form to change color of text and make it pop with shadow. This sometimes affects the CAPTCHA text with shadowing. How do change code to stop this?

5. Last but not least when you put the wrong words into CAPTCHA is reloads page and has this text... "FORM POST FAILED. PLEASE TRY AGAIN."

- Can you edit this?
- The text is further down below submit button can you change spacing?
- Can you change color?

thanks! Matt

div.sys_yola_form{
font-size: 22px;
font-family: Comic Sans MS;
color: #ffffff;
text-shadow:3px 3px 5px #000000;

}
Photo of matt

matt

• 8 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 6 years ago

Photo of Crystal

Crystal, Champion

• 250 Posts
  • 79 Reply Likes
Hello Matt,

Most of these things (except for increasing the size of the submit button) can easily be done by writing your own html form code. Here is a site that you may find useful if you do not know a lot of html: http://www.jotform.com/ . Here is another link to some code with a captcha feature that could be posted into an HTML widget and then modified or added to as needed: http://www.snaphost.com/captcha/Ready...#
Photo of Stefan

Stefan, Official Rep

• 4448 Posts
  • 190 Reply Likes
Hello Matt

You can edit font properties in your Yola Form by adding HTML directly to the field name you want to change. To add a shadow to the background of your Yola Form Widget, you could use a Custom Panel Widget, add shadow to it and put the Yola Form Widget on top.

However, if there are a lot of things you wish to change about your form, it may indeed be worthwhile to use a different provider, e.g. jotform, the one Crystal suggested above, or Wufoo (there is also a widget), to have more design options in the first place. You could then embed the code they provide into your Yola website by using an HTML Widget.