As you know, websites must comply with European Cookie Law. This means that we must inform users about cookies and block all of them (even the ones of Facebook button, Google+ and others).
Now, I am having difficulties in finding a "cookie script code" which is compatible with Yola websites. I found one but it does not block the third party cookies.
Do you know some free tool wich is compatible with Yola and blocks third party cookies automatically??
would this help you?
Thanks for your reply.
Unfortunately all the vendors that offer tools or solutions to add a cookie consent function are not compatible with YOLA websites. Some of them allow you to give your users choices about the cookies used on your site. For example, your visitors might be presented with an option to block 'advertising' cookies. But such configurations won't control the cookies on your yolasite automatically.
So if you're using third party advertising services, such as Google AdSense, Facebook Buttons, o Disqus comment boxes, you'll need to take additional steps that in a YOLA website cannot be taken!!
Any suggestion from YOLA CUSTOMER SERVICE??
If you need a simple "copy and paste" code for "cookies acceptance", you could try the following site: http://sitebeam.net/cookieconsent. They will provide you with a code snippet which you can paste into an HTML Widget. You can also see the notification on the site itself linked above. Here's how to add HTML to your site using the HTML Widget:
- In your Sitebuilder, go to Widgets > Popular.
- Drag and drop an HTML Widget onto your page (the icon for this is a blue sphere).
- An HTML editor will open up that will allow you to write or paste your code (use right-click > paste or Ctrl-V to paste).
- When you are done, click "Save" and you will see the way that the HTML displays on your page.
I hope this helps. If you have any further questions, please let us know.
Thanks for yor reply.
However, I have already tested this tool but unfortunately I doesn't block the third party cookies (Facebook, Google+, Twitter, Disqus, and others).
Do the plugins for Wordpress work for Yola website as well??
I am asking this because I found a plugin for Wordpress that blocks cookies. Will it work on Yola as well??
In the description box, there is written:
- The plugin integrates seamlessly with WordPress, in particular:
- Compatible with all the plugins cache (W3 Total Cache, Super Cache, ...)
- Allows you to block cookies generated from any part of the page (header, foooter, sidebar / widget, ...)
Thanks in advance for any clarification it will be provided.