Copyright Information??

• Question
  • Updated 11 years ago
how to change copyright or update copyright information?
Photo of hshaw

hshaw

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
  • irritated

Posted 12 years ago

Photo of Mstgrr

Mstgrr

• 31 Posts
  • 4 Reply Likes
Official Response
Hi, thanks for your query.

We're currently adding a feature that will enable you to edit your sites' footer information, although it is not available at this time.

Your best bet is to drop a Text widget onto the bottom of your page and add your copyright information there.
Photo of hccroscommon

hccroscommon

• 5 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hi
it is not possible to put a text box over the default copyright notice. Can the red line be moved below the default copyright so that it can be edited
Photo of Marije

Marije, Official Rep

• 4636 Posts
  • 237 Reply Likes
Hi there - unfortunately you can't add text below the the default copyright area. Sorry I could not be of any more help.
Photo of hccroscommon

hccroscommon

• 5 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
could the default copyright be removed so that it doesn't display "copyright 2007 website name" on everypage or the footer be altered to default to the actual website name?
Photo of Marije

Marije, Official Rep

• 4636 Posts
  • 237 Reply Likes
Hi hccroscommon - the inclusion of the link to SynthaSite in the footer is part of the terms of service you agree when you sign up. We do not place banner ads on your site, or charge you for our service. However, we do want people to know about our service and this discreet link in the footer is all we ask of you in return for the opportunity to build and publish a site for free. We hope you can understand our position on this.
Photo of hccroscommon

hccroscommon

• 5 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hi
no problem with the links it is the copyright notice that is the probem as the copyright holder and date cannot be changed. This may just be a problem with this particular template as I have looked at other synthasite websites and the copyright either doesn't appear in the footer or has been changed to the website name
Photo of Ruth

Ruth

• 2819 Posts
  • 135 Reply Likes
Can you tell me what style you are using, please?ยง
Photo of Ruth

Ruth

• 2819 Posts
  • 135 Reply Likes
Hi hccroscommon,

I've done some research for you. It is a problem that affected a few styles. When we do our next release you will find that the problem has been fixed. Our next release is not far away, so I hope that you don't mind waiting until then.
Photo of hccroscommon

hccroscommon

• 5 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Thanks for all your help Ruth - I look forward to the next release
Photo of hccroscommon

hccroscommon

• 5 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hi Ruth

style is Resplendissant
Description: A two-column, fixed-width template suitable for business sites and blogs.
Version : 1.0
Released : 20080116

It is this line that I would like to remove or amend
Copyright (c) 2007 Website Name. All rights reserved.

so that it reads
Copyright (c) 2008 HOPE Christian Community. All rights reserved.

Photo of Richard (II)

Richard (II)

• 7 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Anything that they say 'We'll add that features', I will never see them. I don't even know when will there be releases. I know that there is progress, so, i'm excited. Speed it up ten times, or many will be leaving Synthasite because it is lacking many important features that are 'about to come'.
: )
Photo of Ruth

Ruth

• 2819 Posts
  • 135 Reply Likes
Hi Richard,

If you want to receive notification of new features the best way is to subscribe to our newsletter and our blog.

If you did not check the box asking to receive tips and updates, you can subscribe by clicking on the "edit" link and subscribing from your account info page. That way you will always know what is new, and when your requested features become available.
Photo of Ant oil

Ant oil

• 14 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hi guys,
I am a newbee, and would like to intreduce my web site, and love to hear any feedback.
please visit and share web site with others.
www.antoil.synthasite.com
Photo of Emmy

Emmy

• 5892 Posts
  • 299 Reply Likes
Hello,
Congratulations on your new site! You may also want to post your website's address on this thread in our forum: Shout out and share our sites.

It's a place where SynthaSite users share their sites and give each other tips and feedback on how to make their sites even better.

Regards,
Emmy
Photo of Ant oil

Ant oil

• 14 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Thanx a lot