creating custom styles from scratch

• Question
  • Updated 7 years ago
  • Answered
I was just wondering if someday we would be able to create or own custom styles from scratch with an easy to use style generator or something similar.

Thanks

Randy
www.mcran.com
Photo of Randy

Randy

• 643 Posts
  • 8 Reply Likes

Posted 7 years ago

Photo of Andi North, Mangopear Media

Andi North, Mangopear Media

• 782 Posts
  • 111 Reply Likes
Hi Randy,

This is achievable, to some extent, with the really plain styles (i.e. CleanSlate). I have recently modified the Corporate Blue style (Yola Silver) to look like this: http://damorycoach.yolasite.com

So it is possible - just requires a lot of work and quite a bit of CSS knowledge.

Kind Regards,

Andi North
Photo of Sanja

Sanja, Official Rep

• 10698 Posts
  • 495 Reply Likes
Hello Randy,

We want to make it possible for beginners to utilize the site to create an online web presence. So, we most likely will not reach a point to where you can create your own styles. We sure do hope that you can see that with the Site CSS, you can have a lot of control over how you can personalize your site.

We have just recently released 10 new Premium styles yesterday for you to enjoy!
Photo of Randy

Randy

• 643 Posts
  • 8 Reply Likes
Thanks Sanja and Andi!!

I tend to think a lot about Yola mainly because I spend a lot of time on it working on my sites and hopefully getting better every day. Sanja, I understand the points you make but I was just wondering having used online menu generators and similar web sites that wouldn't it be neat for users if they want to, to simply point and click their way to a custom site without having to know much CSS or HTML.

For me, I can see Yola getting better and better every day, and that's something I really appreciate!!
Photo of Sanja

Sanja, Official Rep

• 10698 Posts
  • 495 Reply Likes
A good idea, Randy! I hope that Andi's suggestion to incorporate this works for you :)