Custom shopping cart for eCommerce website?

• Question
  • Updated 5 years ago
  • Answered
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Got a tricky question. I want to setup an eCommerce store. But I have to do I stock check before people pay. So I want to set up a cart that can be emailed to me once people click the "Checkout" button after adding everything they want to the cart. Any ideas how to do this? Custom HTML? or is there an eCommerce solution that I can integrate somehow?

As always many thanx for all the help! Yola = best thing since cotton candy :D
Photo of Chaz

Chaz

• 14 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
  • hopeful

Posted 8 years ago

Photo of Chaz

Chaz

• 14 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I just want the cart emailed, I don't want the client to pay just yet. Payment will be made via EFT (Electronic Fund Transfers) after I did a stock check and send a quote thereof.
Photo of Sanja

Sanja

• 10698 Posts
  • 495 Reply Likes
Hello Chaz 

I am not sure if this is the type of information you're looking for but you can add PayPal buttons connected to your inventory by customizing your settings on PayPal and adding their buttons to your site. Here are the steps:

• Sign into your PayPal account.

• Click the "Merchant services" tab in the horizontal menu.

• Click the "Buy Now Button" or the "Add to Cart Button".

• Choose button type and enter name and payment details.

• Click the "Track inventory" tab.

• Check the "Track inventory" box.

• Enter the "Item ID" and input your quantity and alert quantity.

• When you are done editing click "Create Button".

• In the next window and in the (Website) code box click the "Select Code".

• Right-click on the highlighted text and click "Copy".

• Open your Sitebuilder and drag an HTML Widget to where you need it.

• In the HTML Widget, paste the code and click on "Save".

• Then Preview or Update your site or page.

• This will ensure that your product is never oversold, as well as give you an email letting you know when your stock gets low.

Please note: To use PayPal's buttons, you will need to create your own Online Store layout using Picture Widgets (for your product images) and Text Widgets (for your description) as this cannot be incorporated into the current Online Store widgets.

I hope that meets your needs. Please let us know if it does not. 

Photo of Chaz

Chaz

• 14 Posts
    • 0 Reply Likes
    Hey Sanja,

Thanx for the reply. I'm in South Africa and the site I'm setting up is selling in SA too. So I'm looking to use SA Rands as currency. PayPal don't have our currency yet. I have a solution to that though. Going to use Monster Pay (www.monsterpay.com) for items that I don't need to do a stock check on. Also going to create my own layout with the picture widgets and text widgets. Was just hoping there's a way to create a cart or even just a button with HTML code that will (in stead of having the client checkout and make a payment) send me an email with the requested items so I can do a stock check and reply via email to the client with a quote.

By the way monster pay is a great alternative to PayPal for Yola's South African clients with e Commerce sites - Supports South African Rands as currency. And the buttons can be added with Yola's HTML widget so there's no need for a special widget in Yola. :D
    Photo of Sanja

Sanja

• 10698 Posts
    • 495 Reply Likes
    Hello Chaz,

PayPal has entered into partnership with First National Bank (FNB). This allows South African FNB customers with qualifying accounts to link to PayPal, and send and receive ZAR (South African Rands) without exposing their credit card and banking details. To find out if you have a qualifying FNB account, or would like more information, please see this link: FNB and PayPal.

If this option does not suit you, you could try out www.payfast.co.za, a South African alternative to PayPal. You can integrate their shopping cart into your site by copying the embed code they provide. Then, in the Yola Sitebuilder:
    Drag and drop an HTML Widget onto your page.
    Paste the embed code from Payfast into the dialog box that opens up, and click "Save".
    Your customers will then be able to use Payfast's secure checkout system to make their payments.
    Photo of Chaz

Chaz

• 14 Posts
    • 0 Reply Likes
    Thanx Sanja! But I think I'm asking my question wrong. Let me try again. Sorry for the struggle. I got payment sorted. Don't need help with paypal or an acceptable replacement.

I want to create a button that says "Request Quote"
    So here's how I thought to do it - I'm adding a picture widget and then I click the Link button and link it to an email address so that when the user clicks the Image it links to, say their Outlook (default email program) and they can send me an email. But I want to "pre-populate" the email with text. So that they can just hit "Send" without having to type anything into the email. Can I do this with HTML code?
    Photo of Sanja

Sanja

• 10698 Posts
    • 495 Reply Likes
    Hello Chaz,

My apologies for my thick head! I am not sure how you can accomplish this to be honest. There may be some neat code that can do this but I do not know of any offhand. If you are able to find a code, you can definitely add this to an HTML Widget!
    Photo of Chaz

Chaz

• 14 Posts
    • 0 Reply Likes
    Thanks anyhow :D
    Think I'm just gonna link the "Request Quote" button to a page with a "Contact Form" widget and alter the headings a bit :)
    Photo of sonyadsouza1

sonyadsouza1

• 1 Post
    • 0 Reply Likes
    Why don't you try for 24SevenCart Multi-store version, with that you can integrate N-number of stores with your web store and download orders in the nearest one to your customer. You can even give the customer the option to select the store at a particular location. To know about our multi-store system, please ask for a free demo.
    Photo of Ydeveloper Seo

Ydeveloper Seo

• 1 Post
    • 0 Reply Likes
    It's a great idea to go for custom shopping cart, you just need to do some analysis to find out best provider of shopping carts.
    Photo of Micky Brand

Micky Brand

• 3 Posts
    • 0 Reply Likes
    I'm also a South African and currently have my cart with Ecwid. They have a free option and a Silver Account ($17 per month - about R120). It works great. Only drawback is that they don't support PayFast or PayMonster at this stage, but you can select the 'offline' payment option where you first have to invoice the buyer and then supply them with your banking details (that is what I do).
    Very impressed with how easy it is to use and to integrate with Yola - they even have a Yola tutorial. Can't be easier.
    Photo of Emmy

Emmy

• 5892 Posts
    • 299 Reply Likes
    Hi Mickey,
    Thanks so much for sharing this, it's really cool to see that they have a tutorial for how to use this with Yola, here is a link in case anyone wants to see it: http://kb.ecwid.com/w/page/30894041/Yola. I'm going to take a closer look myself :)

Kind Regards,
    Emmy