Database

• Question
  • Updated 6 years ago
  • Answered
How can i add a online database to my website? I want to have users to sign in to my site.
Photo of cristojuca

cristojuca

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
  • excited

Posted 8 years ago

Photo of jeremy

jeremy, Employee

• 1349 Posts
  • 90 Reply Likes
Hello Cristojuca,

Unfortunately Yola does not offer MySql or Database functionality.

We don't have a member register and login feature yet either, but we hope to add it in future. We know that many people would like to have people register for accounts and have logins for their sites. We will need to do quite a bit of development to make this possible, so please be patient while we work on this.

You can password protect particular pages on your site, more information on this link .

This might not be quite what you had in mind, but you might want to try using Google Friend Connect. You can find information on how to add it to your site with this tutorial: Adding Google Friend Connect .

I hope this helps.
Photo of cristojuca

cristojuca

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hi there, thanks for the reply
I tried google friend connect before on my site but it no longer works so i got rid of it, when i paste the codes on the website it says the page is offline and it doesn't work.

Thanks again!
Photo of jeremy

jeremy, Employee

• 1349 Posts
  • 90 Reply Likes
Hello Cristojuca,
Those codes won't work on your sitebuilder as they are reading your sitebuilder's address. They should show correctly on your live site though.
If they do not, please let me know.
Photo of cristojuca

cristojuca

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Right, i skipped that part Jeremy, like i said it worked perfectly first time i used the code, it actually showed up on the live site, but last time i tried it didn't work both ways (*displaying an offline message), if there's anything you could think about that might've triggered this problem let me know plz,

Thanks for taking your time to help!
Photo of Yael

Yael

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
can i add a data base to my web site? I also need a member sign up and a user log in and password page can i do this with yola ..or are their sites I could register to that can connect with my yola site example as we do with our forms ..they are hosted by a 3rd party site and connect to my yola site. Please help I am setting up a a non profit and need to have a data base so members can log in and search the DB for info...and i need to have a member sign in page

Thank you
Yael

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled
can i add a data base to my web site? I also need a member sign up and a user log in and password page.
Photo of David Shamer

David Shamer

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Are we still waiting on Database functionality? Thank you.
Photo of Gop

Gop

• 7473 Posts
  • 2115 Reply Likes
Hi David. Yola hasn't yet produced a database facility but you can use Zoho which has a relational database that you can embed in your site. Have a look at http://zoho.com