Date issue in blog!

• Question
  • Updated 7 years ago
  • Answered
I just posted a blog (not updated site yet) and where I am at it is May 9th. According to the blog entry in my sitebuilder, it says May 10th. Is the blog going by our time or yola time? If the blog is going by Yola's time. An easy way to fix this is to synchronize the time with the user's time on their computer rather than the difficult course of synchronizing to the user's time zone!
Photo of Donald

Donald

• 2991 Posts
  • 37 Reply Likes
  • http://youcanneverbetoosmart.synthasite.com

Posted 11 years ago

Photo of Andrew2

Andrew2

• 12 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hello. I have never had this problem! What country are you?
Photo of Donald

Donald

• 2991 Posts
  • 37 Reply Likes
I am in the United States. (florida)
Photo of lambofgod

lambofgod

• 875 Posts
  • 35 Reply Likes
hey so am I!!! I am in central florida
Photo of Peter

Peter

• 2569 Posts
  • 113 Reply Likes
Donald,

I have observed this occassionally. I am about 5 to 6 hours ahead of SA and half a day or more ahead of the States. My obs have been that I can have a day behind the true date here, so opposite to yours but it may make sense.

I'm thinking that the clock turns in SA and that would explain it. Love to know for sure.
Photo of Ruth

Ruth

• 2819 Posts
  • 135 Reply Likes
Official Response
Hi guys,

Currently the date-stamp on the blog posts is set to Greenwich Mean Time, which is why it may appear as a different date to you. I will forward your request and suggestion to our developers to take this into account in our next release.

Thank you for bringing this matter to our attention, I'm sorry I don't have better news for you.

Please let me know if you need any other help.
Photo of Peter

Peter

• 2569 Posts
  • 113 Reply Likes
That would be good Ruth. maybe a drop down box to nominate the time zone that we're in.
Photo of Donald

Donald

• 2991 Posts
  • 37 Reply Likes
It isn't that big of a deal... it would be more specifically important to local businesses. They post a blog, customer refreshes the blog, sees a "new" blog that was posted another day... drive someone wierdo LOL
Photo of Ruth

Ruth

• 2819 Posts
  • 135 Reply Likes
Thanks for you feedback.
Photo of Sanja

Sanja

• 10698 Posts
  • 495 Reply Likes
Hi photocrusade

I removed your question because it contained personal information that should not be shared on a public forum like this.

Please take a look at the other thread where I have answered your question about the blog time stamp: http://forum.yola.com/yola/topics/tim...
Photo of Shanna O'Coin

Shanna O'Coin

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
I just wanted to refresh this topic as being able to edit the time stamp would be great for those of us who pre plan our blog posts. If there is already a work around for this please share.
Thank you!
Photo of Stefan

Stefan

• 4448 Posts
  • 190 Reply Likes
Hello Shanna

Unfortunately Yola discontinued the Yola Blog Widget last year, so there will be no fixes or improvements on this widget any more. You're welcome to switch to Tumblr for your blog on Yola. We have integrated with this blog provider, and now there is a Tumblr Widget in the Widget Menu under "Communication".