Deleted a page from the site builder. It is online. How to get it back again?

• Question
  • Updated 6 years ago
  • Answered
Oh dear, I am tired reworking the old stie, and accidentally went over a page! It is up online and pword protected. So...my question please is - how do I download it back again into my site builder?
I have searched but did not find anything on this.

Shld I save into DWeaver and then copy bit by bit back again? Or is there another way?

thank u.
JC
Photo of JC

JC

• 354 Posts
  • 15 Reply Likes
  • anxious

Posted 6 years ago

Photo of Gop

Gop

• 7473 Posts
  • 2115 Reply Likes
Yes. That's your best bet: to copy the code bit by bit and re-create the page.
Photo of JC

JC

• 354 Posts
  • 15 Reply Likes
Gop, thanks(again). Thought it would be. Was unsure if there was an 'easier' way.
thank you.
Photo of Gop

Gop

• 7473 Posts
  • 2115 Reply Likes
You can actually do it by the whole page and it's certainly within your capability and experience: (apologies I wasn't on the ball)

Copy the whole page of code. identify the code that is set aside for the page or style setting and then the remainder paste into an HTML widget.

Advantages: Fast
Disadvantages: I don't think that you would be able subsequently to use the original widgets for modifying the additions; only by manipulating the base HTML. (My experience only)
Photo of JC

JC

• 354 Posts
  • 15 Reply Likes
Hi Gop, No problem, I thank you for your help always. Decided first to try all code, it copies the whole thing great, but if wishing to change can't get into it. Therefore decided to do the whole thing bit by bit. Has taken all morning, (It just had to be the page with the largest amount of text and links of all pages).
thks again.

PS. Hve actually learned a huge lesson here.Not just remember the 'save as', but Stefan mistakenly uploaded page and took off again to test a page, as I said I was having problems saving. So I then had to go and password all of the pages (as when he had tested he had uploaded everything), and had to amend all old pages which I had altered due to new site being done and finally re-uploaded everything. But... if he had not done that mistake, then I would not have been able to 'rescue' as I have done. - So now, thank you Stefan.
Whew, what a performance!
Photo of Gop

Gop

• 7473 Posts
  • 2115 Reply Likes
Yes.

You need to remove all the original style settings before you paste into an HTML widget otherwise it will cause the problem mentioned.
Photo of JC

JC

• 354 Posts
  • 15 Reply Likes
yes,did so. thku.