If you need support from Yola please contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org or make use of our live chat service! We are working on a new approach to community-based support and during this transition period we are not adding any new threads to this forum. Many thanks to everyone who has participated over the years and we look forward to unveiling a new peer-to-peer support system soon!
I purchased my domain through Yola, but decided to have it hosted elsewhere. I am now trying to stop pointing it to the other host & have Yola host (I hope all that makes sense). I have tried a couple different things, but nothing fixes it & I'm afraid that I really screwed it up. Please help!
Thank you for your posting, please do not fret about your situation. We are so happy to help you fix it. After you have deleted the pointing at your external registrar, please follow these guidelines for adding A Records to your Yola bought domain:
1. Login to your Yola account and make sure you are on the "My Sites" page.
2. Click on "Domains" and then click on "Advanced domain settings".
3. Make sure the correct domain name is selected on the drop-down list on the right.
4. To access the A Record, click on "Change your DNS settings".
5. To add an A Record, click on "Add DNS Record".
6.Make sure that "A" is selected (you'll need to add two A Records) if you would like your domain to work with 'www' and without):
* In the first A Record, leave the name blank and paste the IP address in the Value field.
* In the second A Record, add 'www' under the name and paste the IP address in the Value field.
7.The original A Records will still remain but be overwritten.
Please note that it can take up to 48 hours for this change to fully propagate across the internet (though usually a lot less).