Does Yola allow java script content ?

• Question
  • Updated 3 years ago
  • Answered
I want to add free content from another website called Pluck on Demand . The only requirement is that my site be able to accept java script . Can my Yola site accept content that's java based ?
Photo of bob

bob

• 15 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 10 years ago

Photo of Alex

Alex

• 3448 Posts
  • 39 Reply Likes
yes, Yola Does Accept Javascript.

al
Photo of Peter

Peter

• 2569 Posts
  • 113 Reply Likes
But not .js or .jse files.
Photo of Emmy

Emmy

• 5892 Posts
  • 299 Reply Likes
Hello,
You can add snippets of java script code to your site using the html widget, but it is not possible to upload java script files into the site builder. I hope this helps and let us know if you have further questions.

Kind Regards,
Emmy
Photo of herringtown

herringtown

• 12 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
Emmy, does this preclude script includes within an HTML snippet ?
Photo of Emmy

Emmy

• 5892 Posts
  • 299 Reply Likes
Hello herringtown,
Yes, you can also add snippets of HTML to an HTML widget!

Emmy
Photo of reev

reev

• 10 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
How come I was able to upload .js files before? I'd like to do that again but it seems that Yola has prohibited it. What's a workaround to this?
Photo of Monique

Monique, VP of Customer Support

• 6294 Posts
  • 446 Reply Likes
Unfortunately we found that internet criminals were abusing this feature to create phishing sites and other malicious sites. As much as we regret removing this functionality, as a security measure we have now restricted the uploading of .js files. It is still possible to embed javascript using the HTML editor, but this might not help you with what you have in mind. Can you tell us what you are trying to accomplish with your .js file and we will see if we can suggest an alternative.
Photo of Eyes Half Closed

Eyes Half Closed

• 62 Posts
  • 17 Reply Likes
Hi Monique;

I had a page that contained a large list of items in alphabetical order, so I added internal links to quick jump to a certain letter. I'd really like to add a smooth scrolling effect (such as this: http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicin...) however as Yola doesn't allow the upload of .js files I was wondering if there was a way I could do this with just the code?
Photo of Sanja

Sanja, Official Rep

• 10698 Posts
  • 495 Reply Likes
Hello Eyes Half Closed,

You can actually upload .js files but you need to upgrade to Yola Silver in order to do this.

Here's a list of all the features you get when you upgrade:
Yola Silver FAQs

I hope that information is helpful!

Eyes Half Closed

• 62 Posts
  • 17 Reply Likes
Thanks for the reply, I'll work something out.
Photo of Nathan

Nathan, Champion

• 3739 Posts
  • 307 Reply Likes
@Eyes Half Closed: You could also host it on www.yourjavascript.com.

Actually, I just uploaded the JavaScript file for you. :) Now all you need to do is replace this:

<script type="text/javascript" src="bookmarkscroll.js">

With this:

<script type="text/javascript" src="http://yourjavascript.com/912310111811/bookmarkscroll.js"></script>

In the code that you got from DynamicDrive.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you have any questions.

Eyes Half Closed

• 62 Posts
  • 17 Reply Likes
Thanks heaps for this Nathan this works great!
I wasn't aware that something like this existed until now. :)
Photo of RAGA Leather Craft

RAGA Leather Craft

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hallo Nathan.
Could you help me to make something likeĀ http://www.yoxigen.com/yoxview/demo/demo%20-%20multiple%20images%20for%20single%20thumbnail.html?

It needs js. I follow your way. but it doesn't work.
Photo of reev

reev

• 10 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hi Monique!

Thanks for the quick feedback. I'm trying to put an mp3 flash player in my site. I know some widgets allow this but they don't look that great. Maybe Yola has a better solution? Hope to hear from you again.
Photo of Peter

Peter

• 2569 Posts
  • 113 Reply Likes
Hello reeve,

I think all flash mp3 players will work OK on Yola. I have run a few and have had no problems.

Do you have your eyes on any specifically?

The other option is to simply place your mp3 as a file on your page and let it play with the default player. Windows Media or Real or anything else that you may have. This tends to show a static icon but the music plays.
Photo of Joe El Khoury

Joe El Khoury

• 15 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
hello,
im trying to add slidedeck to my website, but for that i have to upload .js files... so should i understand that it is not possible? :P
Photo of Brianna

Brianna

• 2045 Posts
  • 92 Reply Likes
Hi Joe,
Yola Silver customers are able to upload .js files, however, they are restricted to the free accounts. Please let me know if you are a Yola Silver customer, we'd be happy to assist you further in this regard. If you are not a Silver customer, I encourage you to take a peek at all of the benefits that Silver comes with: Yola Silver FAQ.