Does Yola support Flash?

• Question
  • Updated 9 years ago
  • Answered
How do you add flash attributes to yola websites? (like moving backround, coverflow, & etc)
Photo of Sivx76

Sivx76

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 11 years ago

Photo of Emmy

Emmy

• 5892 Posts
  • 299 Reply Likes
Official Response
Hello,
You can add flash pieces to your site, although making the background a flash file is not possible.

Here's how to add a flash file to your page:

1) Upload your .swf file. You can do this by clicking on the File Manager button.

2) Drag and drop a HTML widget onto your site, where you would like to see your flash presentation, and paste the following HTML inside it:

<!--
<object width="200" height="400">
<param name="movie"value="resources/myswffile.swf">
<embed src="resources/myswffile.swf"width="200"height="400"/>
</object>
-->

Note: Leave out the < !-- and -- > at beginning and end.

3) Then substitute "myswffile.swf" in the code above - in both places, with the name of the file you uploaded, and you should see the flash movie appear when you close the HTML editor. You'll need to play around with the width and height values in the text above, to suit your movie's needs.

4) Remember to include any folder names in the file path if your file is stored in a folder in the File Manager. For example: "resources/Flash folder/myswffile.swf"

Kind Regards,
Emmy
Photo of Yola_User_A

Yola_User_A

• 276 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes
How do I make the .swf file do I have to have a program, and is the .swf file a slideshow or movie?
Photo of Kershnee

Kershnee

• 2087 Posts
  • 152 Reply Likes
Hi - I have answered you on this thread - http://forum.yola.com/yola/topics/how...
Photo of sms.stijn.aan

sms.stijn.aan

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
THANX
Photo of t.white.avp

t.white.avp

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I am not seeing the flash movie playing. I made a flip book in flash and just want to embed it on the site. Here is my code
<!--
<object width="720" height="420">
<param name="movie"value="resources/theendofplays.avp1.swf">
<embed src="resources/theendofplays.avp1.swf"width="720"height="420"/>
</object>
-->
did I input it incorrectly?
‚Äč
Photo of Sanja

Sanja

• 10698 Posts
  • 495 Reply Likes
Hello t.white.avp

Can you please share with us the page URL where you're trying to set this up? I'd like to take a look at the code on your page. Thanks!
Photo of sairamsunkarap

sairamsunkarap

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
me too. i am not seeing the movie.:(
Photo of Amanda Struz

Amanda Struz

• 24 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I noticed that nobody has given an answer in quite some time. I thought this issue would have been corrected by now. I am still not able to add flash to my site. I need help!!
Photo of Marije

Marije

• 4636 Posts
  • 237 Reply Likes
Hi Amanda - I've answered on the other thread: http://forum.yola.com/yola/topics/fla....
Photo of sms.stijn.aan

sms.stijn.aan

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
1. upload flash object
2. publish site
3. enter the full URL of the file in the code
4. publish again
5. voila