Does Yola support FrontPage 2000?

• Question
  • Updated 9 years ago
  • Answered
I have a website posted on another site I created with FrontPage 2000. I am still trying to figure out Yola Free web building. But, until I do, can I use the web I currently have up whether I use Yola Free or Pro?
Photo of Helene Berk

Helene Berk

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
  • frustrated

Posted 9 years ago

Photo of Dré

Dré

• 201 Posts
  • 15 Reply Likes
Hi Helene,

I'm sorry if this is turning out to be a frustrating transition for you.

For a website to work with Yola it does need to be created with our site builder. Unfortunately it is not possible to upload a site created with different software as this will not be compatible with our hosting environment.

I know this isn't the answer you're looking for but while you're using the Yola site builder and trying to figure it out, please feel free to contact the support team or make use of this forum whenever you find something you're struggling with. We're here to help.
Photo of William

William

• 294 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hi..

I also had my own website with frontpage 2003, to adapt with yola I simply copied and pasted most of my older stuff on to new pages on yola, truth is, although there are a lot of things u can do with fp, yola is far easier to work with and gives u much more adins than fp could ever give u.
I made sure I kept a desktop copy of my site and copied all the stuff from there on to yola...my personal advice is, go with yola..
Photo of tiff

tiff

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hi

I was going to use dreamweaver, as far as I can see yola free does not support this. ;( So I am assuming that you can use dreamweaver or frontpage if you upgrade, is this true???
Photo of Emmy

Emmy

• 5892 Posts
  • 299 Reply Likes
Hello Helene,
I'm sorry but it is not possible to use another software to build a site and then upload this into Yola. For a site to work in Yola it needs to be built using the Site Builder tools.

Please let us know if you have any further questions.

Emmy
Photo of tiff

tiff

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hi Emmy

I will take that as a NO then.

Regards, tiff
Photo of KanThaiDecor

KanThaiDecor

• 2402 Posts
  • 263 Reply Likes
I think the confusion is that Yola created a site builder that is offered up free to build sites.If Adobe offered a free online version of Dream Weaver along with free hosting.....Would anyone expect the Yola site builder to be able to be used instead?
Photo of Emmy

Emmy

• 5892 Posts
  • 299 Reply Likes
Right John, other software platforms are not compatible with Yola. The Yola Site Builder is made to utilize the tools we have created or integrated. That was a very good analogy.
Photo of KanThaiDecor

KanThaiDecor

• 2402 Posts
  • 263 Reply Likes
Thanks and I don't mean to sound harsh but this seems to come up every once in awhile.I hope others understand this and give the Yola site builder a real chance to work for them.
Photo of Arian Popalyar

Arian Popalyar

• 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Oooh God in that case how can i add some marquee code in the banner.
Photo of Brianna

Brianna

• 2045 Posts
  • 92 Reply Likes
Hi Arian,
It is not possible to add a marquee code to the banner area, I am sorry I do not have better news for you.