Domain Name Issue

• Problem
  • Updated 6 years ago
  • Acknowledged
Opting out of the plan for renewal should have done the job and if I saw the option to delete my domain which was given to me free, I would have deleted it. I even deleted my payment option and still you charge me. You have customers sign up for a free domain but it is not really free. You guys are money hungry and insensitive. I'm very upset with your service and this is just one day after the domain renewal. You guys are horrible. I'm guessing you don't care about your reputation as a CMS provider or care about your customers.
Photo of April Stingo

April Stingo

• 7 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
  • ANGRY

Posted 6 years ago

Photo of Stefan

Stefan, Official Rep

• 4448 Posts
  • 190 Reply Likes
Hello April

Many customers choose to renew their domains but not their hosting, and we therefore allow you to manage these separately. We care a great deal about our customers and our reputation. We provide automated billing as a service to ensure that people do not lose their domains or have their sites go offline, and our customer service team is available to assist you in managing your subscription. This is standard best practice for any subscription service. We certainly do not believe that providing a valuable service and charging a fair price for it can be characterized as "money hungry and insensitive." However, in the unfortunate event that a misunderstanding does arise regarding the wishes of the customer, we endeavor to be highly responsive in dealing with the problem. I will have our payments department email you privately to discuss the situation with your domain renewal and reach a mutually agreeable resolution.