Domain pointing from 123 reg done but Yola says its not pointed lol

• Problem
  • Updated 6 years ago
  • Solved
Hi all, I have a domain name that i want to transfer from 123.reg to yola.
No problem i have pointed it to Yola through Yola instructions not hard at all but yet the hard part is Yola saying that it is not pointed properly??
Seriously tho how can it not me?? Perhaps i am making a school boy error who knows!!
It is just a domain name i have with 123 reg and it is not hosted anywhere yet as i have to build it which i will do through Yola as i have silver membership there.
Any help would be very welcome and thank you :)
John
Photo of JOHN MACDONALD

JOHN MACDONALD

• 17 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
  • frustrated

Posted 6 years ago

Photo of Gop

Gop

• 7473 Posts
  • 2115 Reply Likes
Hello John,

What is your domain name? I can check the validity of the DNS records from here.
Photo of Laura Thomas

Laura Thomas, Social Media Coordinator

• 4536 Posts
  • 211 Reply Likes
Hi John,

Chances are you have one A record pointing correctly but need to set the second one to also point to our IP address: 184.72.229.176.

You can review this tutorial for the steps.
Photo of Webfusion Online Support

Webfusion Online Support

• 1 Post
  • 1 Reply Like
Hello,

I'm Nerys and I work for 123-Reg.

If you would like I would be happy to check your domain name set up for you to ensure that the records are set up correctly. If you would like me to do this please confirm the domain name.

Regards,

Nerys
Photo of JOHN MACDONALD

JOHN MACDONALD

• 17 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hi Guys thank you all so much for your offer of help i really appreciate it :-)
Well yola has checked and said it is pointed but pointed to one of my websites on yola??
I do not want it to point to that website as i want it to be independent so when i finish my new website i can use it to publish it........ Do i need to host it first?? I am a silver yola user but i really have no idea how all this works so i am so sorry for my ignorance :(
Thanks again to you all its nice when we can help one another :)
Photo of Gop

Gop

• 7473 Posts
  • 2115 Reply Likes
You can publish any website on any Yola account you like to your pointed domain. You have already got Silver you don't need another hosting account. You just need to build another site within the same Yola account. All your sites are and will remain independent.

When you are ready to publish to your domain just select the domain in your sites advanced settings. If it's being used currently by another of your sites you would need to unpublish that site first.
Photo of JOHN MACDONALD

JOHN MACDONALD

• 17 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Thank you so so much Gop this is all i wanted to hear, perhaps if i explained myself better in the beginning it might have been easier lol!!
Your instructions were so simple and i thank you for that :-)
Thanks again :D
Photo of JOHN MACDONALD

JOHN MACDONALD

• 17 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Problem solved everyone and thank you :-)
I just want to take the time to thank Yola for making web design and publishing so easy...... Not only that but my first website and second is landing on the first pages of google with little effort........ Just goes to show you dont have to spend a fortune just use Yola they do the work for you and worth every penny in gold!!
Thank you YOLA!!!
Photo of Stefan

Stefan, Official Rep

• 4448 Posts
  • 190 Reply Likes
Thank you so much, John. I'm glad to hear it all worked out eventually. Enjoy Yola!
Photo of Joe Miotello

Joe Miotello

• 29 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
I would like to transfer my domain to 123reg so where do i get the IPS tag changed to 123-REG

cheers
joe
Photo of Stefan

Stefan, Official Rep

• 4448 Posts
  • 190 Reply Likes
Hello Joe

Please e-mail us using our Contact Support Form as we will need you to request this from your Yola account for privacy reasons. Thanks.