Domain problems...

• Question
  • Updated 7 years ago
  • Answered
Hi. I am trying to use an external domain. I have directed this domain to yola. see curve.ie but when i go to use the domain on the site in yola domain prefs it continually says domain is not pointed to yola??? thoughts anyone?? im using register365.com
Photo of benmillett

benmillett

• 9 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 7 years ago

Photo of Brianna

Brianna

• 2045 Posts
  • 92 Reply Likes
Hello,

I am seeing that your domain is pointing to 192.168.1.254 not 184.72.229.176. Please make sure that you have two A Records pointing to Yola's IP address (184.72.229.176)
Photo of benmillett

benmillett

• 9 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hi,

Thanks for your fast response!

I don't know how it is pointed to 192.168.1.254 as you say...

I have included a screen shot from my domain settings... can you see what is wrong??

Photo of Brianna

Brianna

• 2045 Posts
  • 92 Reply Likes
Hello,

Thanks for providing a screenshot.

It appears that all that is needed, is a bit of time for the changes to propagate as well as another A Record. Do you see how you have one A Record with a host name 'www' pointing to 184.72.229.176? Please create one more record while leaving the host name area empty and adding 184.72.229.176 again.

What I was seeing earlier is most likely because the new information has not yet been propagated online. Please note that these kind of changes can take up to 48 hours to propagate.

Once you add another A Record and give it a bit of time, you should be able to publish your site to your external domain.
Photo of benmillett

benmillett

• 9 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Thank you very much. It worked instantly. I know they usually do take time but it kicked in straight away.

I feel stupid now. I had tried multiple combinations adding two A records etc. In the yola guidelines it suggested adding a www. a record and an @ a record. I had tried this but the @ record wasn't being accepted....

I never thought to just leave the second one blank!

Thanks again, for your speediness, helpfulness and ability to resolve the problem!

Ben
Photo of Brianna

Brianna

• 2045 Posts
  • 92 Reply Likes
Glad to hear it is working, Ben. Thanks for the update!!