Domain Transfer

• Question
  • Updated 10 years ago
  • Answered
Hello, I went to the site where my domain was brought, and I went up under the DNS transer, and put in the ip address 208.75.208.172, but when I type in the address to my site www.tutoringnurturestalent.com, all the comes up is the Syntha Website. Did I do something wrong? I need this fixed, because this is a website for a teacher, and she needs the site up and running.

Juan
Photo of juanb

juanb

• 8 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
  • frustrated

Posted 10 years ago

Photo of Marije

Marije, Official Rep

• 4636 Posts
  • 237 Reply Likes
Hi Juanb,

This usually happens when you have done everything right on your DNS settings but have not published your site from SynthaSite to your own domain name. To publish your site to your own domain:
1) Click on to "Publish My Site"
2) then click on the link that says "Already Own a Domain?" in the bottom of the publishing dialog box
3) then click "Next" and you will be taken through all the steps to publish your site.

If your site is already published to another domain name you can edit by clicking on the drop down arrow next to the yellow "Update My Site" button. Then click on "Publishing Settings" In the dialog box that opens up you will see an option to Manage your Domains. Use this to add in your new domain name.

Please let us know if this doesn't help you.
Photo of juanb

juanb

• 8 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Marije,

I got it figured out, thanks for the help