Domain Transfer, DNS Support request

• Problem
  • Updated 6 years ago
  • Solved
  • (Edited)
4 days ago i was told your DNS department was going to look into a domain transfer issue. I've heard noting from you since then.

The domain in question is marcphoto.ca and it refuses to unlock, it seems.
Photo of groaner

groaner

• 11 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 7 years ago

Photo of addison

addison

• 7 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Having the same problem, and not getting much of a feedback
Photo of Brianna

Brianna

• 2045 Posts
  • 92 Reply Likes
Hi groaner,
Thanks for bringing this to our attention. I am happy to verify that your request was escalated to our DNS team just under 3 days ago. I am confident that they are looking into your situation and will respond soon. If you do not hear from them within another 24 hours, please let us know.

Addison, have you emailed our support team in this regard? We will need to gather a bit more information to look into this with you. Please share your domain name.
Photo of Jackie

Jackie

• 640 Posts
  • 35 Reply Likes
Hi groaner,

I can confirm that your domain marcphoto.ca is unlocked. Please note that it has just reached the 60 day waiting period, so your domain has only just become eligible for transfer.

I hope this helps! If you have any further questions, please let us know.

Thanks,
Jackie
Photo of groaner

groaner

• 11 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Thank you Jackie,
I will confirm this and if the transfer is successful I will report back.
Cheers.
Photo of groaner

groaner

• 11 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Same result...
Unlock domain with current registrar.
nocontactsfound@secureserver.net

Explanation:

Step 1: Initiate
The transfer cannot be processed because of the status at registry. This commonly occurs when the registry status is locked or on hold.

Recommended Action:
The customer should go to the losing registrar and resolve the lock or hold.
Photo of Jackie

Jackie

• 640 Posts
  • 35 Reply Likes
Hi groaner,

I have spoken with our domain registration partner, and they have advised that .ca domains have to be registered for 65 days before they are eligible for transfer.

Your domain has been registered for 64 days, and that is why it has not been possible to initiate the transfer.

If you could try the transfer again in a couple of days you should be successful. Please let us know if you run into any problems.

Thanks,
Jackie
Photo of groaner

groaner

• 11 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Ah, ok. I'll do that. Thanks for looking into this.
Photo of Iain Galston

Iain Galston

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Am having the same no response from yolk
Photo of Iain Galston

Iain Galston

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Ooopps yolk should read yola
Photo of Jackie

Jackie

• 640 Posts
  • 35 Reply Likes
Hi Iain,

Yola has a 24 hour response for Premium customers, and a 48 hour response time for Free customers. We have received your email, and I have just responded to it.

The transfer of .co.uk domains is slightly different to that of .com domains (for example). Your new registrar will provide you with a "Tag" for your domain transfer. If you can forward that tag to us we will add it to your domain, and the transfer process will be initiated.

I hope this information is helpful! Please let us know when you have the tag and we will be happy to add it for you.

Thanks,
Jackie
Photo of john zakhariah

john zakhariah

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I am also trying to unlock my domain. I think Yola is preventing us from unlocking and transferring away. Which is a crime. I demand they unlock my domain an permit a transfer. This is intellectual property and I will sue if I have to. www.BCdesignschool.ca
Photo of Laura Thomas

Laura Thomas, Social Media Coordinator

• 4536 Posts
  • 211 Reply Likes
Hello john,

I can assure you we do not prevent customers from transferring their domains away from us. We're committed to customer satisfaction even if it is to help you move on to another provider. We provide you with full access to manage your domain within your MyYola account. Have you followed the steps in our tutorial to transfer your .ca domain away? Is so, may I ask at what point you are getting stuck?
Photo of john zakhariah

john zakhariah

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I am also trying to unlock my domain. I think Yola is preventing us from unlocking and transferring away. Which is a crime. I demand they unlock my domain an permit a transfer. This is intellectual property and I will sue if I have to. www.BCdesignschool.ca
Photo of Laura Thomas

Laura Thomas, Social Media Coordinator

• 4536 Posts
  • 211 Reply Likes
Hello john,

I can assure you we do not prevent customers from transferring their domains away from us. We're committed to customer satisfaction even if it is to help you move on to another provider. We provide you with full access to manage your domain within your MyYola account. Have you followed the steps in our tutorial to transfer your .ca domain away? Is so, may I ask at what point you are getting stuck?
Photo of Dan Caw

Dan Caw

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I am having the same problem. My domain will not unlock! Tutorial does not solve the problem.
Photo of Justine

Justine

• 751 Posts
  • 45 Reply Likes
Hi Dan,

Please mail support@yola.com, and provide us with your domain name, so that we can investigate this for you.

Thanks!