If you need support from Yola please contact us via email@example.com or make use of our live chat service! We are working on a new approach to community-based support and during this transition period we are not adding any new threads to this forum. Many thanks to everyone who has participated over the years and we look forward to unveiling a new peer-to-peer support system soon!
How do I make available free wallpapers (that come with self-install) from my yola site? (The creation of the images in various sizes is no problem, the step of the 'self-install' feature at the downloading person's end is the part I'm not familiar with.) Thanks.
Sorry that we missed this topic. You could perhaps create a TXT file that explains how to self-install? Then using box.net, you could create a downloadable folder that contains both the image and the TXT file.
Here are the steps:
1. Go to http://www.box.net.
2. Create an account with box.net.
3. Go through the steps to create a folder and upload your files.
4. Once your folder/file are ready to be downloaded, on the right hand side you'll see various "Share" options.
5. Select the blue drop down icon and click "Share" These will include the following options "Get link to folder" and "Embed folder to your site".
6. If you select get a link, then drag over the Text Widget and paste in the link URL.Highlight you link URL, click on the Link Editor, paste in your link in the "External Link" field. Click "OK".
7. If you select the embed option, copy the code provided and paste into an HTML Widget.
Now your visitors will be able to download your folders and files.
Thanks, Sanja, that also sounds like a safer option; I don't quite like to download files of a .exe nature, and would imagine other's don' teither. However, downloading a file that can first be scanned by the person's security software, instead of 'self installing' sounds much better.