Ebay partner program code problem?

• Question
  • Updated 8 years ago
  • Answered
Hi there, ive recently signed up to ebays partner program. The problem im having is they have now asked me to confirm my domain. Please read below a copy of what they have asked for. My question then would be is there any way i can do what there asking through the synthasite site builder software? Thanks in advance.
We require you to confirm ownership of the domains that you will drive traffic from within 72 hours.

The process is easy:

Create a plain text file from a text editor and in the contents put only your unique identifier (provided below).
Save the file as 'epndomain.txt'.
Upload the file to the base directory of each of your domains that you would like to register.
Example: If your website is www.ebay.com, your file would be located in http://www.ebay.com/epndomain.txt.
Visit the Domain Confirmation Page when your domains are ready to be validated and click on the 'Confirm Domains' button.
Photo of WENDY2215

WENDY2215

• 6 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 11 years ago

Photo of WENDY2215

WENDY2215

• 6 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Anybody pls help?
Photo of Emmy

Emmy

• 5892 Posts
  • 299 Reply Likes
Hello Wendy,

Unfortunately it is not possible to upload files into the base or root directory of your site; I'm sorry I don't have better news on that. Does this program offer you another way to confirm your domain? If you put in a support request to them letting them know this way to confirm is not possible, they will most likely have another option for you. Let us know what they say.

Emmy
Photo of WENDY2215

WENDY2215

• 6 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
There is a option to advise them why you cant perfrom the above procedure, just hoped to avoid that & to find a way to upload the text file. Thanks anyway.
Photo of Emmy

Emmy

• 5892 Posts
  • 299 Reply Likes
Sure, let us know if you have further questions when you find out the other options available.
Photo of mommyhub

mommyhub

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
Ebay declined the partner program because can't upload their code into base directory!!!! I really wish we can do it here at YOLA.
Photo of Marije

Marije

• 4636 Posts
  • 237 Reply Likes
Official Response
Hi Wendy,

eBay does offer this alternative on their support pages:

I can't validate one of my domains. What do I do?

On the Domain Management page, click the checkbox that says "I cannot validate one or more of my domains" and explain why you cannot validate those domains. When you click the Update button, the explanation you type will be attached to your account information.

During the application process, it is very important for Customer Support to know why you cannot validate one or more of your domains. If you have already been accepted into the network, this information is still important because it will help our Customer Support, Account Management, and Network Quality teams serve you better.

---

Once you've submitted your site's information using the above steps, you'll need to wait for eBay to get back to you.

I hope that the above information helps.
Photo of Francesco Patane'

Francesco Patane'

• 50 Posts
  • 5 Reply Likes
Hi.

I have to confirm my domain for ebay partner network.

Is it possible now to upload the "ebaypartnernetworkactivation.txt" into the base or root directory of a Yola site?

If so, what's the procedure?

Thanks for your time.
Best regards
Photo of Nazlie

Nazlie

• 1721 Posts
  • 51 Reply Likes
Hi Francesco

We may be able to help you with this issue. I am asking the DNS team to take a look and let you know if this is possible.

Someone will contact you within 24 hours.

Nazlie
Photo of jeremy

jeremy

• 1349 Posts
  • 90 Reply Likes
Hello Francesco,

As per Marije's answer above - you need to click the checkbox on the Domain Management page that says "I cannot validate one or more of my domains" and explain why you cannot validate those domains. When you click the Update button, the explanation you type will be attached to your account information.

You can read her full answer above.

I hope this helps.
Photo of Paddy Whelan

Paddy Whelan

• 10 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
can we sumit to the root file yet thanks paddy@contactingmel.co.cc www.doctorsoftwares.co.uk

please let me know asap
Photo of Sanja

Sanja

• 10698 Posts
  • 495 Reply Likes
Hello Paddy,

This feature is still not available. You will need to use Marije's suggestion above.
Photo of Bazza

Bazza

• 8 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Any progress on fixing this with yola sites, I to have this same problem.
Photo of Laura Thomas

Laura Thomas

• 4536 Posts
  • 211 Reply Likes
Hi Buzza,

Marije's "Official Response" above is still the current solution for this.
Photo of Bazza

Bazza

• 8 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Bugger!!
Photo of Bazza

Bazza

• 8 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Has anyone managed to get excepted by ebay using this method

As in Marije's Official Response on this subject
On the Domain Management page, click the checkbox that says "I cannot validate one or more of my domains" and explain why you cannot validate those domains. When you click the Update button, the explanation you type will be attached to your account information.
Photo of Paddy Whelan

Paddy Whelan

• 10 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
hi i can help some of you wanting ebay adds on your website the only think is you would after tell a little lie and you need to set an account up with a free web hosting if you need help just ask