If you need support from Yola please contact us via email@example.com or make use of our live chat service! We are working on a new approach to community-based support and during this transition period we are not adding any new threads to this forum. Many thanks to everyone who has participated over the years and we look forward to unveiling a new peer-to-peer support system soon!
Aweber is asking for my site email, does my Synthasite account come with an email account? Also where is the section here that tells me what url at Synthasite I should foward and mask my GoDaddy domain name to?
We don't give you a SynthaSite email address, this is something that we plan to offer in the future.
If you have bought a domain with GoDaddy, there are steps that you need to follow to be able to publish your SynthaSite to that domain (see below). GoDaddy can also setup your email records so that you can have an email address with your domain.
1. Go to the GoDaddy website.
2. Under 'Domains' on the menu choose 'My Domains'. This will take you to your GoDaddy domain manager. NOTE: at this stage you may be required to login.
3. From the 'Domain Manager' interface, click on the domain you want to edit.
4. Now click: Click on 'Total DNS Control and MX Records'.
5. Now you need to edit your A record. Click on the icon in the section: A("host").
6. In the box where it says 'Points To Ip Address': put the SynthaSite IP: 220.127.116.11 and click 'OK'.
7. Your domain should now point to SynthaSite. You can test if this has worked by typing your domain into your browser. If all has worked correctly you should end up on a placeholder page displaying your site name. Don't be too worried if this is not the case, bear in mind that DNS changes, like you have just made, can take up to 48 hours to propagate through the internet.