Email updating of blog pages

• Question
  • Updated 9 years ago
  • Answered
Email updating of blog pages? Do you have any plans for this? We'd find this very useful as we've a number of staff who are irregular posters for whom email posting would be much quicker & easier.
Photo of marlcliffeadmin

marlcliffeadmin

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
  • Keen

Posted 10 years ago

Photo of Dré

Dré

• 201 Posts
  • 15 Reply Likes
Official Response
Hi marlcliffeadmin,

Straight away I can say that is a great feature!

Unfortunately, it has been decided that our blogging platform is currently a low priority for us. While we hope to add to it some time in the future, we do not have plans to do so in the short to medium term future. So, unfortunately it will stay as is for an indefinite period of time. I am really sorry that I don't have better news on this, and I do understand if you are disappointed, but I hope you will be able to work with it the way it is.
Photo of Cortnee

Cortnee

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hi there. I too feel I really need this option for your site. I LOVE everything about Yola but this seems to be a deal breaker for me :( I have 2 parents with cancer and have been using your wonderful services to update our friends and family with what is going on. Since getting on the web on my phone has become cumbersome, I was looking for a way to update through text or email, but to no avail :( Since I was not able to use my phone, at times people were not getting updates for days instead of minutes/hours. If this is something you could speed up or put on your priority list, I would GREATLY appreciate it! I have considered several times moving the site, but really don't want to. I thought I did my homework on all the sites that provide the services Yola provides, but this was the one feature I forgot to make sure you had when I found you! And I kept forgetting to check it out until it was too late.

Anyway, if it can be done, it would be a good thing! Thanks,
Cortnee :)

(Oh! Or I would LOVE to have an app for Android too?!? Or instead? Then it wouldn't be an issue either!! I feel this is where the other blogging sites have become competitive and would be another great feature!)
Photo of Marije

Marije, Official Rep

• 4636 Posts
  • 237 Reply Likes
Thanks Cortnee - I understand the urgency for you but we can't tell you when a feature like this is available. It's not on our immediate roadmap but suggestions are always welcome :)