Error message Line 787 Char 3 - Permission denied

• Question
  • Updated 10 years ago
  • Answered
can anyone help with my redirecting problem. I still get an error message (the link works but I get an error message in the bar at the bottom of the page) the error message says permission denied?? and that it could slow the site down. I need help!!!
Photo of New2me

New2me

• 42 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
  • confused

Posted 10 years ago

Photo of Ed-a-Torials @ Honey Bear Playhomes

Ed-a-Torials @ Honey Bear Playhomes, Champion

• 2582 Posts
  • 279 Reply Likes
Hi New2me

Sorry that you are feelin confused

Could you share with us your URL so that we might see your website and offer some thoughts.

Everything is fixable my friend just give it time...
Photo of New2me

New2me

• 42 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
main url is www.stayfocusedonline.com and i was trying to link it to shoppingonline.synthasite.com

I hope you can help or I will just have to figure out another way but thanks

See I'm feeling better already

• 2582 Posts
  • 279 Reply Likes
hmmm I looked through your most informative site and couldn't see where any error showed up. As well I couldn't see where it was that you tried to link to your other site. Could you be so kind as to point out exactly where and which page this link is?

As you have done many links and seem proficient with connecting one site to another I am perplexed.

One other thing... I wonder if you were to rename the page "Resources For Your Home Business" to "Home Business Resources" it would make it on one line instead of two... Just a thought to make it easier to see where one page button starts and the other begins.

What a great site you have built...
Photo of New2me

New2me

• 42 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Ok I can make that change - I thought it was a little off myself but it was a fleeting thought. About the link - I deleted it because of the error message but I can reconnect it if you need to see the error - I will do both right now.

• 2582 Posts
  • 279 Reply Likes
okay I will be ready when you are...

Oh and if you could please point out the URL to the page the link in question is on it would make it faster for me to find it...
Photo of New2me

New2me

• 42 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
I connected it back up so when you click on shopping online from the index of stayfocusedonline it redirects to the first page of shopping online but that's when the error shows at the bottom of the page in shopping online.

thanks

• 2582 Posts
  • 279 Reply Likes
hmmm I checked your site in IE, Firefox and Opera and couldn't see where the "shopping online" link or button was... I can't find any link to your other site

• 2582 Posts
  • 279 Reply Likes
I wonder... Did you by chance updated your site???
Photo of New2me

New2me

• 42 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
I don't know what to say - it is linked and oh ok no i did not resubmit it i will do that now sorry - like i said i'm slow on the uptake of all of this - i'll resubmit it now didn't know what it was you had to look for
Photo of New2me

New2me

• 42 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
now if you go to the stayfocused site and click on shopping on line it will redirect you to shopping on line and in the lower left hand side you will see a little box with the red x in it - something did not happen right and from the create point on your site it gives me the error message
Photo of New2me

New2me

• 42 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
If I seem a little rushed - ignoring some portions of your conversation it is because I don't want to take up too much of your time. I appreciated the positive words about my site (some how I look at it and it does not seem professional) but I am just learning the flow. I would really appreciate anything you could suggest towards that end.

And as always thanks you for getting back in a timely manner - that is really good business and I'm glad I found your site on my search!!!!

• 2582 Posts
  • 279 Reply Likes
Well I tried it in IE, Firefox and Opera and I got no error on the redirect which means that you may have fixed it...

Great job on a great site and implementing the redirect. I am glad that it is cross browser compatible.

You may think about clearing your temp files and seeing what it looks like on a fresh load up...

Gotta go out in the garden in the rain now...Happy days
Photo of New2me

New2me

• 42 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
The error is still there on the create pages and the little box on the actual site is still there (meaning there is an error somewhere). I don't know what clearing my temp files means can you explain????

• 2582 Posts
  • 279 Reply Likes
I just now rechecked again and it worked flawlessly. I wonder if you could take a "Print screen" of the error on the screen and send it to tech support and here for us to see

To capture a screen image if you don't know is simple.

1) Open your Windows Paint program

2) Open your browser and get to the page where it shows the error message and recreate it.

3) As the error appears tap the Print Screen button on your keyboard (upper row on the right)

4) Open your paint program and right click then paste or "Edit" then paste (the screen shot should appear on the paint screen

5) Goto "File" (upper left corner)

6) Then "Save as" name your image and save to your desktop

7) reply in this post and click the "Add an image" button in the lower left corner

This way it will be more clear as to what you see and we don't

Keep it up you are doing so good...
Photo of New2me

New2me

• 42 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
ok i tried all of that but print screen did not work (or i was not doing something right) - then i thought i would be able to select everything and save it to a word document and email it that way but that did not work so now i do not know how to get you a picture of the screen. i will just have to wait to see if that error message has a negative effect - it works for now (i think it will end up causing problems though) and if i can think of a way to send you a screen shot i will.

Right now thanks for everything

• 2582 Posts
  • 279 Reply Likes
Here is a link to a far better tutorial on how to screen capture.
http://www.seoconsultants.com/windows...

And I think you are doing a great job... It was only 1 1/2 months ago that I first found Synthasite and started building my first site... So as far as I as concerned I am a prime example of how simple of a product it is to use.

You asked about my thoughts to better your site and I can only say one thing... It may appear better to the viewers if your ads and widgets were more centrally located on the screen and not all on the left side of the screen. You can do this by using a two column widget and dragging your ads in the right side. Then simply slide the middle divider to the left until you have the ideal placement. You may need to view your page in the browser a few times to double check it is centered. Just keep refreshing the page..

Glad to have been there for you...

Oh this is my site by the way. http://honeybearplayhomes.synthasite....

• 2582 Posts
  • 279 Reply Likes
ohhh I am done out in the yard and came back to check out that redirect again and it's not there any longer. Did you delete it because it wasn't functioning as you had hoped or maybe just working on that site?

I am interested as to where you acquired the code for the redirect so that I can test it out and see if I can recreate it in my test site.

Could you paste the location where you found it the next time you get a chance?

Hope you are enjoying your weekend...
Photo of New2me

New2me

• 42 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
I am reading into this but it sounds like you really worked hard in the yard. The site is back up (I messed up at godaddy) I deleted the whole cname file there so my site disappeared but they got back to me and I fixed it - however the error message still shows error on the bottom window of the create site but now the little box with the red x does not show up on the websites. I am just going to leave it alone for now to see what happens because I still did not figure out how to print the screen to show you the error report - but thanks and if I eventually have a problem, I will get back to you.

Now you can get some rest from all of your yardwork!!

• 2582 Posts
  • 279 Reply Likes
Its rainy, windy and the power flickers on and off so I would much rather be inside but if for some reason I disappear then you know the power is out.

I also wonder something about that redirect... Did you put your Synthasite URL or your Domain URL in the code??? Because your Synthasite URL is the only one needed as it is a hidden redirect.

I would love to get my hands on the generator or snippet you used to produce the code...

I have some that I know work but as you are having problems with that one I would like to troubleshoot it if I could.
Photo of New2me

New2me

• 42 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
I really like your site it looks professionally for kids (I know I said that a little crazy) what I mean is it looks like a website (a true website) for shopping for little children. I like your index and the buttons you made and the flash design (I have not gotten that far yet).

Good Job!! I will take your advice about centering - I just did not know how to do it and thanks
Photo of New2me

New2me

• 42 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
I used this <!--
<meta http-equiv="refresh" content="2;url=http://webdesign.about.com">
--> in the HTML code box and changed http://webdesign.about to shoppingonline.synthasite.com (from the stayfocused website) then I linked back to stay focused on the shoppingonline site by inserting stayfocusedonline.com so that people could move back and forth for whatever reason.

Does that make sense

• 2582 Posts
  • 279 Reply Likes
Well I thank you for your kind and generous comments about my site. I think they are some of the best I have heard yet.

You know I have the belief that it sometimes takes a village to build even a website and that this forum here is like the Synthasite Village because everyone shares ideas, tips, tricks and opinions. In doing so it makes it not only easier on the one in distress but also rewarding for the one helping...

I think I will take a mid afternoon nap now... Enjoy the rest of your day. And I wonder is that you I saw in Rancho Cordova, California peeking at my site??? ;)
Photo of New2me

New2me

• 42 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
lol yes it was me peeking your site and I liked what I saw. I believe the village saying too - I know it to be true!! You rest well

• 2582 Posts
  • 279 Reply Likes
P.S. I never did get to take that nap and now look... It's 12:51 Pacific standard and I think the nap is finally mine to take...

• 2582 Posts
  • 279 Reply Likes
Well New2me

Good job on centering those ads... Your site(s) just keeps looking better and better.

Hey as you are into ads and affiliate networks here is a fabulous resource for you to try... I posted this thread last month. I hope you enjoy.

http://getsatisfaction.com/SynthaSite...

It has so many outstanding possibilities to offer your viewers.

Happy site building
ED