excellant job yola

• Praise
  • Updated 11 years ago
I think yola is excellant and does an excellant job helping ppl out I wanted to say thank u so so so much for all yur help
Photo of denise

denise

• 60 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
  • excited

Posted 11 years ago

Photo of denise

denise

• 60 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
yep u sure did excellant teamwork . thanks again I'm going to ask one more question if u all don't mind ok here it goes as for the chat rooms which ones do I add having problems can all help me with that I want to add the one where it says myspace and things please help me again
Photo of Sanja

Sanja

• 10698 Posts
  • 495 Reply Likes
hi denise

I'm not familiar with the chat room for myspace and things. Can you please show us where this widget is?

Also, there is a Meebo chat room which is integrated with Yola. You can find this under "content".
Photo of denise

denise

• 60 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
yeah it's on my space the chat room all u have too do is go to my space and above the area click write in the space IM and it will take u right too it
Photo of denise

denise

• 60 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
yeah it's under content and yeah it's integrated with yola I think dk (don't know ) .
Photo of denise

denise

• 60 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
hello again where do I put the URL thing at for the comments box
Photo of Marije

Marije

• 4636 Posts
  • 237 Reply Likes
Hi denise - can you confirm which comments box you are referring to?
Photo of denise

denise

• 60 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
ok I'm going to tell my dream if that's ok my dream is helping ppl all over the world and helping with their meds that they can't afford or giving them that special something they never dreamed about ever having . maybe it's stupid dk let me know what ya think ok
Photo of denise

denise

• 60 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
hey how do u add links to your website can someone help me with this please like games instead of putting them one by one I want the whole page
Photo of UK Duke

UK Duke, Champion

• 3321 Posts
  • 213 Reply Likes
you want the whole page to be a link?
Whats on the page?
Photo of Ruth

Ruth

• 2819 Posts
  • 135 Reply Likes
Hi Denise,

Here's how to add links to your page:

1. Drag and drop a text widget onto your page.
2. In the text widget type the words that you want people to click on (this is your link text).
3. Highlight the link text and then click on the link button (it's the 10th button from the left in the text editing tool bar, and looks like the link in a chain).
4. A link editor dialogue box will open up and you will be given 4 options. You can link to an email address, an external URL, a page on your own site or a file in your file manager.
5. Click on and edit the option appropriate for you.

You will then have a link on your page. To check that your link is working preview your page and then click on the link.

This is a brief explanation of how to add links, we have written a tutorial that shows the process in more detail. Here is the link: http://www.yola.com/tutorials/creatin...

Let us know if this isn't what you had in mind.
Photo of denise

denise

• 60 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I have another question here it goes can someone helpp me with the themes I don't know which one does the backgrounds and layouts I want to do a page for that this way my members can upload theirs on that page please help me
Photo of Sanja

Sanja

• 10698 Posts
  • 495 Reply Likes
Hi Denise

Currently, your members cannot upload anything directly into your site. The Yola Style guide will tell you the templates which have customizable backgrounds and banners. Here's the style guide: http://www.yola.com/yola-style-guide

What exactly are you wanting your members to do? Perhaps we can help think of alternatives?
Photo of Alex

Alex

• 3448 Posts
  • 39 Reply Likes
try This

its the Yola Style Guide, hope this helps

Alex
Photo of denise

denise

• 60 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I want them to be able to upload their backgrounds and layouts that way I can have abackgrounds and layouts page cuz I have my own backgrounds and layouts for them to put on their page if they want them ok u know how my space has their layouts right well that's what I want to them to have their own .
Photo of Monique

Monique, VP of Customer Support

• 6294 Posts
  • 446 Reply Likes
Unfortunately we don't have a feature that allows other people to upload content directly to your site. They would have to send you their backgrounds and layouts and you would have to add them. Perhaps in future we can create a way for others to post content to your site, but that will take quite a bit of development from our side.
Photo of denise

denise

• 60 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
hello, how is everyone I have been doing alot of thinking about different things even the backgrounds and layouts . well this is what I came up with you know my space has the little boexes where all the members can put stuff like music and backgrounds and such what I want to know is is there a widget for that please let me know and I"ll get started right away thanks plus u know how ning has the comments thing where u can add music and stuff is ther a widget for that please let me know been thinking for hours about this I know there is way I can get this done , forever thanks many thanks ahead yur the greatest bunch of ppl I have ever seen . ttyl
Photo of Marije

Marije

• 4636 Posts
  • 237 Reply Likes
Hi Denise,

You can find info on adding comments on this link: http://getsatisfaction.com/yola/topic.... Alternatively, you can find information here: http://www.yola.com/customer-support/....

Click here for info on adding music: http://www.yola.com/customer-support/....

I hope that helps.
Photo of denise

denise

• 60 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
but do u think it would work for the backgrounds and layouts if I added the or found the litle boxes would it work though is there a widget for that is what I'm asking
Photo of UK Duke

UK Duke, Champion

• 3321 Posts
  • 213 Reply Likes
No i don think there is a widget for what your trying to do - what your asking is for people to add music and backgrounds etc. to your site?
When you talk about Myspace and Ning you have to realise that they are using servers to perform tasks (server side)... what i would suggest is using a service like http://www.kickapps.com/ and then incorporate there widgets into your Yola site. They allow you to create a members group and for each member to upload whatever they like, they will then produce code you can add into your Yola designed site.

Have a look at it maybe it will help you achieve what your trying to do.

Lee.
Photo of UK Duke

UK Duke, Champion

• 3321 Posts
  • 213 Reply Likes
No i don think there is a widget for what your trying to do - what your asking is for people to add music and backgrounds etc. to your site?
When you talk about Myspace and Ning you have to realise that they are using servers to perform tasks (server side)... what i would suggest is using a service like http://www.kickapps.com/ and then incorporate there widgets into your Yola site. They allow you to create a members group and for each member to upload whatever they like, they will then produce code you can add into your Yola designed site.

Have a look at it maybe it will help you achieve what your trying to do.

Lee.
Photo of denise

denise

• 60 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
hello,again I want to know if you have servers such as kick apps does that mean you won't get paid for the ads thank u for all your help yur all the greatest bunch of ppl
Photo of UK Duke

UK Duke, Champion

• 3321 Posts
  • 213 Reply Likes
you will still get paid all the same, they are 2 different services, Yola design sites and kick apps allow for public groups and adding content. You will be given code from kickapps which you can add to your Yola site. Think of kickapps just like all the other widgets you add to your site.

It wont effect you adverts on your Yola site.

Lee
Photo of denise

denise

• 60 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
can u give me the site's link and I want to check it out too yola design site please thank u ever soooo much
Photo of denise

denise

• 60 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
hello , u mentioned codes are they supposed to give me codes . cuz they didn't do that
Photo of denise

denise

• 60 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
hello , u mentioned codes are they supposed to give me codes . cuz they didn't do that
Photo of denise

denise

• 60 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
what does seo stand for and what does it mean for links and stuff
Photo of Sanja

Sanja

• 10698 Posts
  • 495 Reply Likes
Hi Denise

SEO is an acronym for Search Engine Optimization. Emmy has done a great job of covering this topic and explaining what it is and how we go about doing this. You can find it here: http://www.yola.com/customer-support/...
Photo of denise

denise

• 60 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
hello again I have tired and tired to understand the widgets but No luck can someone help me here do them . please I don't understand them and what to do please help me going nuts . please help me please pretty please
Photo of denise

denise

• 60 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
hi again like I said before I don't understand them please help me
Photo of Emmy

Emmy

• 5892 Posts
  • 299 Reply Likes
Hi Denise,
Can you tell me what widgets you are specifically having trouble with, this thread has lots of information on it and I see you have been given information on Google Friend Connect, adding comments and music as well as SEO. Can you tell me what widgets and what set of instructions you are having trouble with and I can help further.

Kind Regards,
Emmy
Photo of denise

denise

• 60 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
the widgets on kickapps it keeps saying site not found and heaving troubles with the codes can u please help me . I can give all my log in info for it if u like just tell me how to apply the widgets dk where to put the codes please help me .
Photo of Emmy

Emmy

• 5892 Posts
  • 299 Reply Likes
So you have code from kickapps for widgets that you are trying to put on your site? You can apply the widget to your page by dragging an html widget onto the page and pasting the code into the widget. You will find the html widget on the Content Sidebar, it is a blue circle. Any code that you put on your site from an outside source you should first test on a test site to make sure that it does not break the page. Give this a try and let us know if you have troubles.
Photo of denise

denise

• 60 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
yes and plus the the site from kickapps can u all do it for for please it's driving me nuts about the codes and stuff
Photo of Marije

Marije

• 4636 Posts
  • 237 Reply Likes
Hi denise - could you let us know which specific Kickapps widget you're trying to add? If you have the code, perhaps you could paste it here - you'll need to put <!-- at the beginning and --> at the end so that it doesn't interpret on this page.
Photo of denise

denise

• 60 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I really want to get this done sooooo I can get my site all done thanks a bunch
Photo of Kershnee

Kershnee

• 2087 Posts
  • 152 Reply Likes
Hi Denise,

I have removed your post with your log in details. We have warned you about this previously. It is not advisable to post your log in details or personal info on the forum.

I will take a look at your issue and get back to you shortly.
Photo of denise

denise

• 60 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I'm really sorry for posting my log in info but I was soooo desperate to get my site off the ground again my humble aplogies and it won't happen again I"m really sorry but like I said I really want to get my site up and going like my space only better
Photo of denise

denise

• 60 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
hey I have been trying to cancel my kickapps account and it won't let me sooo can u please help me with this I don't want kickapps anymore anyways how can I make different files like let's say u want different files for pics and for other stuff too can u show me how too
Photo of Emmy

Emmy

• 5892 Posts
  • 299 Reply Likes
Hello Denise,
We don't have access to your account with kickapps so are not able to close it for you. I would suggest you put in a support request to them and ask for their asistance. I hope they will help you.
Photo of UK Duke

UK Duke, Champion

• 3321 Posts
  • 213 Reply Likes
denise - if you dont want or carnt use Kickapps just leave it - it will sit un-used no problem - dont worry about it.