Feedback?

• Question
  • Updated 10 years ago
  • Answered
Can I get some feedback on my website? I just started it today, and would like to know if there is anything I could add, replace, etc. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!
Photo of MomnovationTM

MomnovationTM

• 25 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
  • confident

Posted 10 years ago

Photo of MomnovationTM

MomnovationTM

• 25 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Photo of Emmy

Emmy

• 5892 Posts
  • 299 Reply Likes
Hi there DynamicMom,

I think your site looks really nice, the colors are great and the banner image is very original.

I think you will be able to use your blog for new recipes and tips which will be really neat.

Great job!

Emmy
Photo of Sanja

Sanja, Official Rep

• 10698 Posts
  • 495 Reply Likes
Hi DynamicMom

First of all, you have created a wonderful site! I love how it's simple yet effective.

I'm sure that you are still working on your site which probably explains why none of the links works! =) If they are supposed to be working, and you're having trouble setting this up, let us know and we will be happy to help!

I have only a couple of suggestions. I find the links on the left and the content in the middle somewhat close together. I would try to space this out more. It just helps to better read your stuff. I have 2 suggestions in achieving more white space:

1. Simply making all your links left-aligned may create that needed white space.

2. Drag a 2-column widget over and place your content in the right-hand column. You can adjust the width by dragging the middle bar. This will help create space.

Another idea you could do is create a favicon! Perhaps a little cupcake? You can add this under "Properties", scroll down until you find "favorite icon". Then upload your icon.

Lastly, I would encourage you to add an image to your homepage - show off your creation and let people see your talented work! Give them the excuse to keep browsing.

As always though, this is your vision. You need to do what is right for you and your site. I wish you the very best of luck in this venture. Please don't hesitate to ask more questions if needed.
Photo of JANET

JANET

• 16 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Since you are writing about such a yummy(and visually appealing) topic, I would love to see some photos included of cupcakes - either within the banner or on the site pages.

You can get beautiful stock photos of cupcakes (or just about anything!) from our partner. Here is the link to their site with a special offer for Yola users.

http://www.istockphoto.com/yola-offer

You could also put up pictures that you have taken if you prefer.