Font changes

• Problem
  • Updated 11 years ago
  • Solved
Can someone check to why the font changes will not upgrade on save, please!
Photo of Kent T Carter

Kent T Carter

• 230 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes
  • frustrated

Posted 11 years ago

Photo of Sanja

Sanja

• 10698 Posts
  • 495 Reply Likes
Hi Kent

I'm sorry you're experiencing some frustration. Let's see if we can figure this out.

Are you clicking on "save" after you've made your changes? Then, you'll need to click on "update my site" to see the changes on your published site.

May I ask what your site's url is so that I may see the problems you're having?
Photo of Kent T Carter

Kent T Carter

• 230 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes
http://www.ac-monkeywrench-models.yol... is the page, but is not with updating the site, is seeing the font changes in preview, which requires a page save every time, another thing I do not like, needs to be preview befor save so if something is not right you do not upset the saved page that worked. Kuid:213782:50104 has the font I want showing, yet others do not show same font, even all are save in saved page. (by the way- what is a "Yola Champ"?)
Photo of Kent T Carter

Kent T Carter

• 230 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes
Correction, I don't think its the font thats wrong, it's the spacing between lines! How to remove the spacing?
Photo of KanThaiDecor

KanThaiDecor

• 2402 Posts
  • 263 Reply Likes
I have had that happen.....When you add your text widget...click inside it then push your delete button to shrink it....Worked for me anyway.Nothing to lose by trying it.
Photo of Kent T Carter

Kent T Carter

• 230 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes
No change John!
Photo of KanThaiDecor

KanThaiDecor

• 2402 Posts
  • 263 Reply Likes
Sorry...was worth a shot.I was getting double spacing when I didn't want it and it did work for me...I think the staff may have to figure this one out...did you e mail Yola support ?
Photo of KanThaiDecor

KanThaiDecor

• 2402 Posts
  • 263 Reply Likes
Oh one other thing ......When you add text are you doing a copy and paste from word or word perfect....anything like that? That could be the problem if you are.....If you are paste in word pad first to get rid of any code....Then copy from word pad and paste to your text widget.
Photo of Sanja

Sanja

• 10698 Posts
  • 495 Reply Likes
Hi Kent

To remove the spacing, you'll need to go into your HTML and remove any <!--<p>--> and <!--</p>-->.
Photo of Kent T Carter

Kent T Carter

• 230 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes
It's a text widget.
Photo of Sanja

Sanja

• 10698 Posts
  • 495 Reply Likes
Yes.. on your text widget toolbar, you'll see a HTML button. Click on that and it'll bring up all your codes.
Photo of KanThaiDecor

KanThaiDecor

• 2402 Posts
  • 263 Reply Likes
There has to be a simple solution to this other than having to do anything with html....It is a text widget and should work properly with no extra work involved.
Photo of Kent T Carter

Kent T Carter

• 230 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes
Well, Littleus, that made it work! But I do not see why I have to go throught the process on HTML every time for a widget that is suppossed to be already made!
Photo of Emmy

Emmy

• 5892 Posts
  • 299 Reply Likes
Official Response
Hi Kent,
I'm sorry you are having this problem and would like to thank littleus and John for helping out.

Kent, when you add text to your site in a text widget where are you taking it from? Are you possibly copying and pasting it from a program such as Word or another website? This can cause font appearance problems as well as some other issues.

Can you try adding the text by first putting it into Notepad and then from there putting it into the site builder.

Unfortunately text editing is controlled by your browser. Each browser has a different way of implementing code. If the default line spacing of the text widget is double-line spacing, you can hit the Shift-Enter keys together (Firefox and Internet Explorer) or Ctrl-Enter (Safari) when you want to go to the next single line.

Let us know if that makes any difference with the appearance of your text.

Emmy
Photo of Kent T Carter

Kent T Carter

• 230 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes
Emmy, that is exactly what I am doing! For some reason the html code is not the same as what do as I wanted, even I was doing the same steps with the widgets. So I have the root code in wordpad, then cut and paste the new text and change the id number, them paste this into the test widget via the html button. Thanks to littleus for telling me how!
Photo of KanThaiDecor

KanThaiDecor

• 2402 Posts
  • 263 Reply Likes
Glad you got it working....You have some cool things on your site.
Photo of Kent T Carter

Kent T Carter

• 230 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes
I have only started! you see the menu, and many catigorys have around a average of fifty items to list! The ther is the Presa Canario Romania group that I need to move to Yola. And I have been asked for a new site for a theater group here in Romania too! So i best learn how to use this system as there sure ain't no security in yahoo anymore!
Photo of KanThaiDecor

KanThaiDecor

• 2402 Posts
  • 263 Reply Likes
Yahoo is also going to discontinue that service....I think you will like it here....There are always many here willing to help out.
Photo of Kent T Carter

Kent T Carter

• 230 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes
Yes I know John, and it makes me sick that I have spent years working over my sites there, just to have them destroy it all over politics!
Photo of Sanja

Sanja

• 10698 Posts
  • 495 Reply Likes
I'm glad that it's working out for you Kent!
Photo of Sanja

Sanja

• 10698 Posts
  • 495 Reply Likes
Hi Kent

I took the liberty of creating something for you - a table for your products. Here's a screenshot:

You can also look here: http://rumballchick.synthasite.com/kent

If this is something that you're interested in, let me know and I'll give you the code for it. This grid really helps to keep everything uniform. If you're not interested, no worries! =)
Photo of Kent T Carter

Kent T Carter

• 230 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes
This looks very nice indeed! Yes, please tell me how!
Photo of Sanja

Sanja

• 10698 Posts
  • 495 Reply Likes
Hi Kent

You can find the code on this thread that I made:

http://getsatisfaction.com/yola/topic...
Photo of Peter

Peter

• 2569 Posts
  • 113 Reply Likes
Hi Kent,

if you go to littleus' website: http://rumballchick.synthasite.com/kent
and Left click on the page but off items you will see a few selections appear. Click "View page info" and there you will see the code for the display above. You can copy and paste this into your page and then make some changes.

I think Littleus would be in the land of nod at this time. but nearly back I presume.