Font tool bar is missing, even in text widget!!! Hello!

• Question
  • Updated 11 years ago
I read the faq , and searched the tutorials, but didn't help me, I also can not find the font tools button for changing the fonts, etc, i see the edit menu, I click on that and it just say you drop and drop sonething in that, anyway, I read a faq with same question and the answer was to click inside the widget, and the tools will come up, but its still not there.!
What can I do to fix this problem?
Photo of jcj

jcj

• 10 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
  • confused

Posted 11 years ago

Photo of Ruth

Ruth

• 2819 Posts
  • 135 Reply Likes
Hi jcj,

Sorry to hear you are having this problem.

Can you do the following for me please?

1. Log into you account and open up your site
2. Click on the "Help" menu
3. Click on "Contact Support"
4. Fill in the form and send it to me.

This will give us more information about your site so that we can help you.
Photo of Monique

Monique, VP of Customer Support

• 6294 Posts
  • 446 Reply Likes
Official Response
Hi jcj

It sounds to me like you are having a hard time locating the text widget. Once you drag and drop a text widget onto your page the text editing toolbar will show up. Make sure that the "Content" tab is open in your sidebar in order to see the text widget.

Let us know if you are still having difficulty.

See screenshot below:
Photo of jcj

jcj

• 10 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
No I still don't see it on my page, but I see it on the screen shot. Am I blind? anyway I never seen that blue bar thing before thats on your screenshot image., how do I get the blue index, and do I click on that to get fonts, where ever that is? please tell me.
Inquiring minds want to know.
Thanks will you show me how to get there please..
I really want to learn!!
Jcj
Photo of Monique

Monique, VP of Customer Support

• 6294 Posts
  • 446 Reply Likes
The blue bar just happens to be there because it is a feature of the style I had selected when I took the screenshot. Ignore that.

Look below the blue bar. You can see the widget toolbar is in green, which means it is active. If it is not active it will be in pale green and the text editing toolbar will not display.

So I am thinking that:
1) Either you have not clicked on a widget
OR
2) Your browser is not loading the toolbar

If it is the latter it might help to try with a different browser, or even a different computer if you have access to one. Also try dropping a text widget on your page, clicking on it and then clicking "refresh page" to see if that causes the toolbar to load.

If none of this helps, please get back to me.
Photo of Green Girl

Green Girl

• 531 Posts
  • 12 Reply Likes
i hope these screenshots may help:
This is my page in normal state (no tool bar)

after that, i clicked in the area where we type the text, and toolbar appears. I have drawn two rectangles (blue n red) around the toolbox, hope u can locate it this time
Enjoy synthasite :-)
Photo of Kershnee

Kershnee

• 2087 Posts
  • 152 Reply Likes
Hi Monica, Thank you for adding in your screenshots - hopefully this will help jcj as well.......
Photo of Green Girl

Green Girl

• 531 Posts
  • 12 Reply Likes
Welcome Kershnee. I just wish lot of people enjoy their site building experience, just as I do "after finding synthasite" :-)