Setting up an SSL certificate using Cloudflare

• Question
  • Updated 3 years ago
  • Answered
  • (Edited)
Greetings. I'm asking the query on here because the Yola folks have not responded to my four important questions regarding four serious bugs that haven't been answered. Thus, this is a long set of queries because my questions were not answered. I will be closing my account with Yola soon if this doesn't work, sigh.

To begin: I have an online store at ayuttaya.yolasite.com that is designed to do one thing only: sell my mp3 music as downloadable files.

Bug 1: There is a serious bug on SSL encryption. With Silver it is said that you get to activate Stripe for free when you open the store. Well, it isn't true because you have to get an outside vendor for a SSL 128-bit encryption, which can range from $20.00 to $500.00. However, when you enable "Stripe" and start buying from it (I tested this with my own purchases as well as having friends purchase from the site), the page on my site where the transaction is processed says that there is already 128-bit encryption in large letters. The folks at Stripe said there is no encryption. The url line, however, does not show the padlock symbol to indicate a secure transaction. The folks on Yola have not responded to my question via email and it's been close to five days (as I'm hoping to send them a screen capture of the checkout page where Yola says there *is* 128-bit encryption). Stripe is asking me to contact Yola but no one from Yola has answered this question. I've closed my Stripe account because of this runaround. 

Bug 2: Also I noticed there are Paypal buttons one can insert. Do you need to pay for the online store package to be able to use Paypal? If not, I will consider asking for a refund from the extra 10 dollars they will be charging and the 4.00+$ they already did just to open the online store since there is an element of false advertising here. Why am I asking this? The "catalog" on the online store does not show any records anywhere of Paypal purchases made--I have to go to Paypal myself to see the transactions (so what's the purpose of having the "catalog")?

Bug 3: Now that I no longer use Stripe, I'm only using Paypal for my store. However, when one makes a Paypal purchase, no download prompts for the mp3 are forthcoming. That said, emails were sent to me and the buyer that payment by a customer has taken place, but the customer receives no link to download the mp3 file. I thus have to monitor my email all day to see if someone buys via Paypal. When they do, I have to manually send them the file via the email they registered with Paypal. How do I connect the Paypal purchase with automatic downloads to begin for the customer upon Paypal payment?

Bug 4: Nowadays, when I fill out a question on the help page of Yola and send it, there is no email confirmation saying my question was received and will be answered. After one presses "send" on the Yola help page, it presumably sends the message but no confirmation is sent to my email thus no proof that it ever reached a Yola tech.

I'm sorry for this long essay. These are questions that Yola and Stripe have not been able to solve, and as such, my store is not working at 100% capacity. Thank you for any help coming this way. Please keep in mind that if I knew a lot about computers I wouldn't be asking any of these questions...

Sincerely,

Jack
Photo of iIIlIIlii

iIIlIIlii

• 30 Posts
  • 6 Reply Likes
  • frustrated

Posted 4 years ago

Photo of Monique

Monique, VP of Customer Support

• 6294 Posts
  • 446 Reply Likes
Hi Jack

I have reviewed your support history and I can see that all your emails to us have been answered besides the one you just sent which is an exact duplication of this post.  I will answer you here regarding the 4 issues you have raised.  Please bear with me  as I am busy with writing a detailed response.
Photo of Monique

• 6294 Posts
  • 446 Reply Likes
1) Stripe is a secure hosted gateway that loads in an iframe. I can't explain why you were told that there is no encryption by Stripe, but it could be that this is the result of a misunderstanding.  I am going to discuss this with a few experts on our side and get back to you with a more detailed response.  I am sorry you feel that you have been given the runaround, which is certainly frustrating and I am going to help clear up any confusion.

2) The availability of free PayPal widgets is not a bug.  This is a very basic free option that allows customers to add single products or a selection of products (catalog) to their site and this has nothing at all to do with the paid Online Store feature.  With the free PayPal widgets, all management of your transactions is done through PayPal and there is no dashboard within Yola to manage them. There are no categories, product options or the ability to sell digital downloads.  The free PayPal widgets are suitable only for taking donations and selling a few simple, physical products.  We currently offer this option free of charge to help customers get started with an extremely basic free option.  If you require a fully-fledged ecommerce solution, as I can see that you do, then you need the paid Online Store add-on.

3) I see that you have set up your Online Store, but on your actual page it looks like you are using the free PayPal widget: http://ayuttaya.yolasite.com/indigo-desert-of-immanence.php.  As mentioned in point 2 above, this free widget does not support digital downloads.  What you should do instead is drag the Online Store widget to your page and use PayPal as your payment gateway.  You will then be able to benefit from the advanced digital download feature which you have paid for.  I checked the settings in your Online Store and you already have PayPal enabled as your payment gateway, and your customer notifications are enabled correctly, so all you need to do is replace the PayPal widgets with the Online Store widget and this will resolve your problem.

4) When you submit a support request via the help page the following success message is displayed when your form is sent: "Thank you. Your message has been successfully submitted. A member of our support team will be in contact with you within 24 hours."  The fact that no email receipt is sent is not a bug, but a technical limitation with the form we are currently using.  We would like to improve on this in future, but for now, the success message displayed on your screen is intended to meet the requirement of confirming that your message has been sent.

I see that you have been working with Rodvan and he has been sending detailed responses to guide you through the set up of your online store.  I hope this additional information is helpful to you and if you need any further clarification please let us know.
Photo of iIIlIIlii

iIIlIIlii

• 30 Posts
  • 6 Reply Likes

Dear Monique,

Many thanks for the great info. Sorry for the duplicate response as without receiving the email confirmations, I didn't know if my queries had gone through and as such decided to send my questions to support as well as consolidating them into one set of problems to pose here on this forum.

I'm glad that you and Stripe will work this out soon and that there *is* encryption via Yola. That said, there is no padlock symbol to reassure purchasers that it is indeed 128-bit SSL. The Stripe rep Alice Wang did put in writing that Yola does not have 128-bit encryption (she pointed to how there's no padlock symbol in the url area to reassure customers). Here's a cut and past of her response in case you needed to resolve the issue with her/them:

"Unfortunately, for whatever reason, even though on your web page it says you're using SSL, the connection actually is not secure. It may simply be that your certificate has expired, but I would reach out to yola and see if they can offer more insight."

Also, as for the vendors I needed to buy services from:

"Each of the vendors are different, and they are third-parties, so I actually can't speak for them. Your best bet would be to reach out to them directly, and see if they would be able to interface with your yola site. A basic certificate is fine."

She noted something to the extent that one way to get the padlock symbol to show is to purchase a service from a third party vendor who will show you how to set up the page and have the padlock symbol show in the url space. I'm too busy to be able to learn these technical things right now. To be fair, and as can be seen by her second quote, she didn't recommend one company but suggested a few.

Am glad there's a Paypal method for the online store. May I suggest to Yola that they incorporate your excellent wording into the online store information page because as it's set up it appears as if Paypal can "connect" with the online store automatically and do anything (which I now learned it can't).

Will work on this with the wonderful info during the weekend.

Thank you very much once again.

Jack

Photo of Monique

• 6294 Posts
  • 446 Reply Likes
Hi Jack

Thank you for the additional detail.  There is indeed some confusion that I would like to address:

1) When your customer checks out through any of the supported payment gateways, be it Stripe, PayPal or any of the others, the actual connection IS secure. It loads in something called an iframe and there is 128-bit encryption.

2) Your customers will not see a padlock in the address bar next to the URL because the transaction takes place in an iframe.  

I can see why you would like the additional reassurance of the padlock in the URL as this is what people are accustomed to seeing. There is a very easy solution, if you would like to secure your entire website with a free SSL certificate.  Cloudflare.com provides free SSL certificates that work with Yola-hosted sites.  All you need to do is submit your domain, and then make an edit to your DNS on Yola's side. It is extremely easy to set up and once you have done it your customers will see the padlock in the address bar no matter where they navigate on your site.  However, your site is currently using a free subdomain and it is not possible to secure this with an SSL certificate.  Are you planning to invest in a custom domain for your site?  If so, please let me know and I will provide you detailed instructions for setting up an SSL certificate with Cloudflare.
Photo of iIIlIIlii

iIIlIIlii

• 30 Posts
  • 6 Reply Likes
Hi again Monique, 
I successfully purchased another domain that I transferred this domain to. I also stopped renewal of another domain I didn't use. Thus, I'm now eligible for Cloudflare and will see what I can do from there. Will definitely contact Yola again if I don't get how to tweak the DNS thing. You and the team have been super helpful! Thank you so much.
(Edited)
Photo of Monique

• 6294 Posts
  • 446 Reply Likes
Hi Jack

It is great that you have purchased a domain, as you will now be able to set up an SSL certificate through Cloudflare.  Please don't hesitate to ask for help as you are likely to need it when it comes to setting up your name servers.  I am going to post the information here for the benefit of anyone else who would like to do the same.

Basically what happens when you sign up for Cloudflare is that you submit your domain name and then they walk you through the steps which are very straightforward. The final step, however, involves changing name servers on Yola's side.  This is how to do it:

1) Go to My Yola and click on the  "Domains"
2) Next to the domain click the "Advanced Settings" link
3) Click "Set up name servers"
4) In the boxes provided paste Name: gail.ns.cloudflare.com and IP address: 173.245.58.116, Name: newt.ns.cloudflare.com and IP address: 173.245.59.212.  
5) Click "Update Name Servers"

You can then go back to Cloudflare and click the green button on their side to complete your set up. 

For the benefit of other customers looking for this information I am going to change the title of this thread so that it is more likely to come up in related searches.  
(Edited)
Photo of iIIlIIlii

iIIlIIlii

• 30 Posts
  • 6 Reply Likes
Thank you Monique. All went well! I'm supposed to wait for 24 hours apparently for the servers to change names.

One interesting quirk is that on my Cloudflare page (not my Yola page), it says exactly this after I was done:

"Finishing up. Waiting for your name servers to change to bonnie.ns.cloudflare and clay.ns.cloudflare.com. Please allow TUCOWS DOMAINS INC. up to 24 hours to complete this process."

My only question is that the names "bonnie" and "clay" are different than the names you gave me that begin with "gail" and "newt". That said, the Cloudflare page didn't give me a pair of IP addresses like you did for newt and gail. If you need to see what I mean, please email me on a replyable email so I can send you a screen capture of this wording by Cloudflare.

Is this an "error" and should I be concerned? Okay many thanks once again.

Jack
Photo of Monique

• 6294 Posts
  • 446 Reply Likes
See my comment below.  It looks like they are giving you different name servers to what they gave me, so I have given you a tool you can use to obtain the IP addresses.  You do need to add these in order for it to work.

TUCOWS DOMAINS INC is our domain registrar so the message you received makes sense.

I am glad to see you are making progress and look forward to seeing the end result once the process is completed!
Photo of Monique

• 6294 Posts
  • 446 Reply Likes
Jack, if Cloudflare gives you different name servers to the ones in my steps above, use the ones they give you.  They do not provide the IP address but you can look it up here: http://network-tools.com.  Paste the name server into the box that has the IP address and click the "Go" button and it will give it to you.
Photo of iIIlIIlii

iIIlIIlii

• 30 Posts
  • 6 Reply Likes
Ok, am done and made my changes on Yola via the network tools site (what a great site). 

Given that I already signed up and pressed that green button on Cloudfare with the old gail and newt names, will changing my names to the correct clay and bonnie require me to redo my application on Cloudfare? I'm asking because I pressed the green button on Cloudflare when I entered the newt and gail names along with their IPs. But now that I have new names and new IPs on Yola without any correspending green button to "okay" on Cloudflare, will this mess up their processing? Thanks!
Photo of iIIlIIlii

iIIlIIlii

• 30 Posts
  • 6 Reply Likes
Pardon me...will have to step away from my PC to run a few errands...
Photo of Monique

• 6294 Posts
  • 446 Reply Likes
I am not sure to be honest.  I am new to Cloudflare as well.  However your site us up and running and the settings appear to be correct so I would leave it as is and wait to see what happens in 24 hours.
Photo of Monique

• 6294 Posts
  • 446 Reply Likes
Actually I can confirm that everything is correct.  Look at: https://www.ayuttaya-ambient.com!  Note the lock in the address bar!

Now if you want people to see the lock if they go to http://www.ayuttaya-ambient.com do the following:

1. Go to your Cloudflare account
  2. Click on the "Websites" tab
  3. Next to your domain name, click the "cog" icon to open up the settings menu.
  4. Click Page Rules
  5. Turn "always use https" on, and click "add rule"
Photo of iIIlIIlii

iIIlIIlii

• 30 Posts
  • 6 Reply Likes
Nothing works. I tried the new rule on my own and set the url at http://ayuttaya-ambient.com/* (Cloudflare says this will allow people to see whatever it is if on any page with ayuttaya-ambient.com).

I then changed the url pattern to be ayuttaya-ambient.com/* with the same rules, that is "use only https" and then I added the rule. I then changed it again to: *.ayuttaya-ambient.com/ and it doesn't work. Nothing works...no lock symbol anywhere (either on Chrome or Firefox). I was trying to check on the first link sent but the url is no longer working (specifically referring to this:  https://www.ayuttaya-ambient.com ). There's not even an "https" thing in front of my address in any of the three patterns I tried.

Please note I don't know how to do any rules thing because I don't know much about computers. There is no lock in the address bar. The two locks you see on the purchase page are jpegs sent to me by a tech at ecwid to insert on the page. 

If this doesn't work, how do I go back to cancelling everything--that is, what goes back in the original DNS box areas that I added over with cloudflare's bonnie and clay? 
(Edited)
Photo of Gop

Gop

• 7473 Posts
  • 2115 Reply Likes
Sawatdii ajaan thirak, khrawp,

I'm looking at your site at the moment. I can see both the https: and the lock symbol on each of your pages plus the jpeg(s) that you referred to as well.

I'm wondering if you not seeing them, is related to the browser you may be using?

I think you may be the first person on this forum who has used an SSL on their Yola based site....... groundbreaker!
(Edited)
Photo of iIIlIIlii

iIIlIIlii

• 30 Posts
  • 6 Reply Likes
Another update: you cannot put samples of your music on the site as it will throw out that yellow triangle in front of the padlock. This is important information folks need to know. I removed all my samples and am sending folks to soundcloud instead. 

Question: why is it that when I indicate to listeners on soundcloud to visit https://ayuttaya-ambient.com it takes them to a completely dead link while away from SC I can give them the https url and it works?
(Edited)
Photo of iIIlIIlii

iIIlIIlii

• 30 Posts
  • 6 Reply Likes
Update: I believe we're almost done. The https does show now, no problem! However I believe my question below might be the final question for this whole project (btw, are the formatting buttons below new?).

Hopefully Final Symptom: This question is specific to Yola. When I was done editing my pages on ayuttaya-ambient.com and clicked "publish" it will say "Congratulations" and tell you where it was published to. The address it lists is an "http", not "https" address as can be seen by the screen capture below.

If you click on the "http" address in the congratulations page, it takes you to a dead link WITH an "https" prefix but without the "www". Also on this page a message says "The webpage has a redirect loop." The only way to make it "undead" is to type in the "www" in between the https:// and ayuttaya-ambient.com. If one does this, then sure enough, it takes you to the page with the "https". See screen capture below of the dead link page shown before one can make it undead by typing "www" before the url address of ayuttaya-ambient.com:

My question (hopefully the last, yikes!) is: how do I make Yola publish it to the the https page?

Thank you for your help Monique and Gop. You have both, along with your staff that have interacted with me, been very, very helpful and patient! This whole process has a very steep learning curve for me. Jack
(Edited)
Photo of iIIlIIlii

iIIlIIlii

• 30 Posts
  • 6 Reply Likes
Hi, anyone out there?
Photo of Stefan

Stefan, Official Rep

• 4448 Posts
  • 190 Reply Likes
Hello Jack

Thank you for following up. We're looking into this right now and come back to you, once we have an update. Thanks for your patience.
Photo of iIIlIIlii

iIIlIIlii

• 30 Posts
  • 6 Reply Likes
Hello Stefan and happy new year to you and your team! I was wondering if there's been a fix to the situation outlined above? Thanks for any updates.
Photo of Sanja

Sanja, Official Rep

• 10698 Posts
  • 495 Reply Likes
Hello Jack,

We really appreciated your patience while we've been off during the Christmas holidays.

There are a couple of things going on. First of all, a primary domain was not selected in your Yola account. I've set up the primary domain to ayuttaya-ambient.com and this should resolve the redirect problem. If you rather have www, you can change this by doing the following:

1. Login to your account.
2. On your My Yola page, locate the site for which you want to change the display of your domain.
3. Click on "Domain Settings" next to your domain URL for your site.
4. Scroll down to "Include www prefix in address?"
5. Select which display you wish to have (www or non-www).
6. Click "Change Display".

Secondly, you need to set up a rule in Cloudflare. I'm not sure how you've set this up, but please try this:

1. Login to your Cloudflare account and click Websites
2. Next to your domain URL listing, click on the cogwheel and select Page rules
3. Under Add new rule, you want to add in the following: *yoursite.com/* (replace yoursite.com with your domain URL. Leave the asterisks).
4. Locate Always use https and toggle the switch from OFF to ON. 
5. Click Add rule.

Please do let me know if you have any further troubles with this.
Photo of iIIlIIlii

iIIlIIlii

• 30 Posts
  • 6 Reply Likes
Hi Sanja,
Thanks for getting back to me. The website is not showing. I went back to Yola to republish the site. I've attached the screen capture of what shows when I type in https://ayuttaya-ambient.com via Firefox. The screen capture below that one shows the error message via Chrome. I've tried different computers at home and in my office and the same thing.

Any help would be appreciated. Whereas in the past typing in the https would get me to the site in spite of the glitches, now nothing takes me there. In other words, my website is now gone.
(Edited)
Photo of Elizabeth K. Meyer

Elizabeth K. Meyer

• 7 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
Following and also wanting to use Cloudflare and have https for our websites. Is it possible Yola?
Photo of Sanja

Sanja, Official Rep

• 10698 Posts
  • 495 Reply Likes
Hi Elizabeth,

Yes, you can totally do this. Please follow these steps:

You can sign up here. Once you've created your account, please do the following:

1. Submit your website URL and click Add a website.
  2. Next, you will Configure your DNS. You want to
    ensure your A records are pointing to Yola's IP address: 72.52.4.95. It
    should automatically set this up for you. If you have Yola Mail, your MX
    records will also be configured. Click Continue.
  3. The Settings page will allow you to select your plan, performance and security settings, as well as other recommended settings. Click Continue.
  4. Now you need to update your Nameservers. Please
    take note of the instructions provided and let us know what the new
    nameservers should be. We will need to add these for you.
  5. Once your new nameservers have been added, click I've updated my name servers, continue. It will take up to 24 hours for the domain settings to propagate.

Once your domain has propagated, you should see your domain resolve
from http:// to https://. To enable the https:// for all pages, please
follow these steps:

1. Login to your Cloudflare account and click Websites.
  2. Next to your domain URL listing, click on the cogwheel and select Page rules.
  3. Under Add new rule, you want to add in the following: yoursite.com/ (replace yoursite.com with your domain URL).
  4. Locate Always use https and toggle the switch from OFF to ON.
  5. Click Add rule.

You should now see the https:// for every page in your site.

Let us know if you have any further troubles with this.
Photo of iIIlIIlii

iIIlIIlii

• 30 Posts
  • 6 Reply Likes
Hi Sanja or anyone that can fix a new problem,

Another yola user has posted a thread under mine and I just wanted to tell you this so you don't overlook my new post above Elizabeth. In short: now my website is gone in spite of the developments you pointed out.

I put a LOT of work into this site and I hope you will be able to save it. I can log on and edit the site, but the url you provided takes me to a dead pages as seen in the image capture above Elizabeth's. I'm very disappointed in Yola--have never been more disappointed--two months of waiting and now the site is gone.

(Edited)
Photo of Sanja

Sanja, Official Rep

• 10698 Posts
  • 495 Reply Likes
Hello Jack,

I believe the trouble lies on Cloudflare's end. Could you please send me a screenshot of your page rules? The methods of capturing a screenshot vary based on your operating system. If you visit take-a-screenshot.org the website will detect your operating system and provide the steps specific to your needs.

Many thanks for working with me on this.
Photo of iIIlIIlii

iIIlIIlii

• 30 Posts
  • 6 Reply Likes
Dear Sanjay,

Thanks for getting back to me. Better yet for you: please set everything back to what it was before I asked you this query today. I don't have the time to deal with this since I have a super busy work schedule. I don't know what cloudfare is--I don't believe I've ever had to use cloudfare for anything. And what is a "screenshot of page rules"? Please keep in mind I know very little about computer programming so the language you use has a high learning curve for me.

I've spent too many hours doing this as it's been over two months of waiting. Please just set everything back to the condition before I emailed you. Just forget I ever emailed today with my query. I just need it back where the old https thing was not primary and whatever; just as long as visitors can go to my https like they were able to. I'm not a computer expert and I do not think it is right for yola to make me do all this work again and then I have to wait again. I will be looking for another hosting site soon so just put it back where it was before I even contacted any of you today. I hope this won't take too much time.

May I ask that whatever you do, please double check that the link works. You can verify this by going to my soundcloud page where, on the left column, a link takes visitors to the https website before got screwed up.

Thanks for getting back to me it is much appreciated. I'm going to have to file a complaint against you for destroying my website.

Jack
(Edited)
Photo of Sanja

Sanja, Official Rep

• 10698 Posts
  • 495 Reply Likes
Hello Jack,

Your site was already offline when I checked your site and before I corrected the primary domain. I know this must seem very overwhelming and confusing. I am here to work through this with you.

Please be reassured that all the work you've put into it is still intact. We just need to figure out why the site is not showing up online.

I am pretty confident the issues are occurring due to some incorrect settings you have at Cloudflare. I suggest removing your domain from Cloudflare and I can put the nameservers back to Yola's. This will remove the https:// setting but your site will be accessible.

Once done, we can go through the steps again to get your site working correctly. I've set up my own test site with Cloudflare here: https://yoladesigns.com. You can see it working correctly there. This again leads me to believe that you have not correctly set up your site at Cloudflare. We've also asked an engineer and he concurs with my assessment of this.

Please let me know if you wish for me to proceed with removing Cloudflare's name servers and reinstating Yola's.
(Edited)
Photo of iIIlIIlii

iIIlIIlii

• 30 Posts
  • 6 Reply Likes
Dear Sanja,

Forgive me for saying this again, but please just go ahead and set everything back to https. It's an online store and we'll need that to keep the SSL secure

My site could not have been offline until today because I'm on google analytics that tells me who visits my site.

At that time the https worked if I manually give people the url with the https in it. The https worked before...my only complaint was that after publishing, Yola tells me to go to the http version, that's all. But if I manually tell people to go to the https or provide them the address with the https, it will; if it's saved as url it will also go to the music page. 

So stick with https (not http) like it was as https://ayuttaya-ambient.com. the padlock showed in the address bar to indicate that is was a safe site to buy things from. Sorry for the bad computer language. 

With all due respect, may I ask that Monique aid us on this? Thank you,

Jack
(Edited)
Photo of Sanja

Sanja, Official Rep

• 10698 Posts
  • 495 Reply Likes
Hello Jack,

Monique is currently offline and it is uncertain if she will make it in tomorrow.

I understand that from your perspective it seems like everything fell apart after I tried to fix it. I'm very sorry for this.

However, please note that I first came upon this thread today and took a look at your site. Your site was already not working. Other colleagues have confirmed the same. The fix I provided alone wasn't enough. It needs to be in conjunction with the fix made at Cloudflare.

Since I don't have access to your Cloudflare account, it is not possible for me to manually do the fix needed to ensure your site is working on the https setting. I understand that it was working at one point but I believe due to a page rule you’ve set up, it has affected how your site is working.  This can only be fixed by you through Cloudflare.

If you're wanting your visitors to access your site right away, I suggest we start all over again. This means reverting your domain settings back to Yola and losing the https setting temporarily.  Then, together, we can set up Cloudflare again to set up the https setting.

Would you be willing to try this?
Photo of iIIlIIlii

iIIlIIlii

• 30 Posts
  • 6 Reply Likes
Hi Sanja, thank you for the details. Can we communicate via my member email account with Yola? There is cloudfare info on that. I realized that I was working on that page months ago but didn't know it due to the many steps I had to take between sites. Thank you.
(Edited)
Photo of Sanja

Sanja, Official Rep

• 10698 Posts
  • 495 Reply Likes
Hi Jack,

Yes, we can certainly communicate through email. I will send you an email message. Please keep an eye out for this. It should come through in a few minutes.
Photo of iIIlIIlii

iIIlIIlii

• 30 Posts
  • 6 Reply Likes
Thank you; no rush. I have emails from Monique to that account and we can go from there...

Elizabeth K. Meyer

• 7 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
Thank you Sanja for your reply!

The directions you gave are straightforward and clear.

Did you uncover any troubles with Cloudflare operating with Yola? I will gladly help figure things out with Cloudflare. I own a domain and have a website that has not yet been published under Yola if you need. I can activate it and go thro' the steps. I can't lose anything as I have all my content backed up in files, model form and notes. I know you can do this X 1,000,000 on your end, but if it would help, I'm more than happy to do the work.

I only have one question... does the SSL certification apply to all the domains on my account, or do I set it up for each one? I am assuming each one since the nameservers are different. I have multiple websites.

Thank you again!

This is very good if it all can be worked out! I do believe it would be a great thing to host a webinar on and let your customers know is available to them. Adding security always makes happy customers, both yours and ours. 

Appreciate your time,

Elizabeth K. Meyer
Photo of iIIlIIlii

iIIlIIlii

• 30 Posts
  • 6 Reply Likes
I completely agree with you Elizabeth. Sanja has been more than patient with me on this matter.

Jack
Photo of Sanja

Sanja, Official Rep

• 10698 Posts
  • 495 Reply Likes
Hi Elizabeth,

You do need to set it up for each domain. However, you can manage all your domains from one Cloudflare account.

Also, I just noted that one of the steps I gave above didn't paste correctly. Please change this:

Under Add new rule, you want to add in the following: yoursite.com/ (replace yoursite.com with your domain URL).
to

Under Add new rule, you want to add in the following: *yoursite.com/ * (replace yoursite.com with your domain URL; be sure to include the asterisks).

That is great advice about having a webinar on this. I will pass this onto my colleagues to take this under consideration.
Photo of iIIlIIlii

iIIlIIlii

• 30 Posts
  • 6 Reply Likes
The website has been fixed by Sanja. But more importantly I also wanted to take this opportunity to apologize to Sanja and those readers on this blog who saw me get very frustrated. It was definitely uncalled for--regardless of whether the site has been fixed or not. Thank you Sanja for your utmost professionalism and patience.

May I suggest to Yola (and I noted something to this extent in one of the customer satisfaction surveys that came my way about 2 months ago): a) have a blurb indicating that there is indeed a steep learning curve for non-computer programmers; b) have a glossary of terms that are used by Yola regarding programming language and c) perhaps have some wording on how December might exhibit response lag due to the holidays; finally d) perhaps have a live tech callers can actually talk to. Text never conveys tone effectively and a lot of misunderstanding can follow. 

Jack
(Edited)
Photo of Sanja

Sanja, Official Rep

• 10698 Posts
  • 495 Reply Likes
Thanks so much Jack. I'm just glad that we were able to sort it out and thank you for giving me an opportunity to do so.

Elizabeth K. Meyer

• 7 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
Impressive website Jack! Glad that I was searching the Yola community for the SSL certification just so I knew about your site and music. Yep, Yola is pretty good. Sanja is an angel!

Been there done that... pretty easy to get frustrated with technology! You are a good guy to apologize! Am glad you had the persistence to get it figured out. 

Now onto the adventures to get our sites SSL...

Yola is always improving, they have changed for the good more than any website builder I've ever seen.