Four Amazing Years! 100 threads!

• Praise
  • Updated 7 years ago
Well I never thought I would make it this far!

After logging on today I noticed I had made 99 threads on the forum and also realised its nearly been 4 years since joining Yola.

Words cant describe how much I love this community. I want to thank everyone who helped me in the days when I had difficulty making my websites. But how time changes and now I've been a Yola Champ for almost a year and a half.

I don't think I would ever leave the Yola community because its become a part of me, Although i may not always be here I pop in from time to time.

So thank you to all Yola Staff, Champs and customers past and present who have and will continue giving me an online family. I hope to still be hear in 10 years time and i hope that many of you are also still here!
Photo of John McCarthy

John McCarthy

• 1292 Posts
  • 99 Reply Likes
  • thankful

Posted 7 years ago

Photo of Ed-a-Torials @ Honey Bear Playhomes

Ed-a-Torials @ Honey Bear Playhomes, Champion

• 2582 Posts
  • 279 Reply Likes
So Johnboy21bc what you are saying is that you needed to start this thread to put you over the top into triple digits? Hmmm I see how you do things... ;) Glad that you chose to grace the forums with your presence all those years ago as the place wouldn't be the same without ya.

"Johnboy21bc" now that was a while back... ;) LOL... I think that I shall return to calling you that my friend.

By the by, last I heard if you deduct April 2008 from November 2011 you get a little over 3 1/2 years mate so the GS forum date calculations must be a tad off or you are a time traveler. Can you fill me in on this weekend's lottery numbers by chance?

Man do you make me feel like an even older fuddy duddy. Like I should have a walking cane attached to my avatar. Have fun catching up in the topics count my youthful friend while this old fart takes a breather.

Seriously though, glad that you asked so many questions in the past as it is clear that you learned from each answer and in doing so made you the Champion that you are today.

My thoughts on being a Champion and definition:
"Champion" is but a title to many whereas it should be a way of life to aspire to for a person can answer hundreds of questions and yet still never truly answer for the right reasons. It is those right reasons that should motivate and inspire you to help those who do not already know. It is those right reasons that should offer you some heartfelt satisfaction in knowing that you helped/gifted a person the ability to learn and do on their own what they never before knew that they could.

Spend time teaching yourself what you did not know and then teach others what you have learned... It is as simple as that... ;)

You my friend are the epitome of what my definition entails.

Now when are all the Yola Champs gonna get that all expenses trip to Hawaii for a party? Man that would be nice. LOL
Photo of John McCarthy

John McCarthy

• 1292 Posts
  • 99 Reply Likes
Thanks Ed, It means a lot.

Okay so Get Satisfactions up the pole haha. I believe I joined Yola in February 2008. So it nearly 4 years :P

Thanks for your nice words. As for the lottery numbers I have no idea, I've put mine on but I'm not sharing ;)

Thanks for helping me along the way, your a true inspiration!

P.S. I'd prefer to take a trip to Greece, my parents have been many times but never taken me
Photo of Sanja

Sanja, Official Rep

• 10698 Posts
  • 495 Reply Likes
Wow John M,

Hard to believe you've been around that long already! You're getting old ;)

Thank you for all the excellent help you have shared over the years! I know that both our company and the forum members alike have appreciated your time, knowledge and participation!