Free images for your website from Yola and Fotolia

• Announcement
  • Updated 8 years ago
Archived

This conversation was archived and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: Yola does not currently offer free Fotolia Credits with the Yola Slver subscription.

When you're looking for images to make a website stand out, you might grab a few photos from Google Images and call it a day. But what you may not know is many of the images you come across are protected by copyright laws and legally can't be used elsewhere.

So, what images can be used on your website? Outside of photos you take yourself, your best bet is to use royalty-free stock images. "Royalty-free" means you pay for an image once, but you don't have to pay a royalty fee every time the image is used or viewed. They're also without time limits, so you can use the image for as long as you want.

To help with this, we've partnered with Fotolia to bring you royalty-free images to use on your website. Fotolia is the first worldwide social marketplace for royalty-free stock images. They have over 8 million images to choose from, so you can find just the right image to spruce up your site.

To get you started, we're offering Yola Free members 3 free Fotolia credits, which equals 1 banner-sized image or 3 smaller images. And our Yola Silver members get 10 free credits, which will get you 3 banner-sized images or 10 smaller images.

Sign up to Fotolio to get your free royalty-free image credits. To make it extra-easy, we have a sign-up page just for Yola Free members, and a different sign-up page for Yola Silver members.

Can't wait to see how you use the images!
Photo of Amr

Amr

• 13 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
  • excited

Posted 8 years ago

Photo of KanThaiDecor

KanThaiDecor

• 2402 Posts
  • 263 Reply Likes
They have a really nice collection of vector images to choose from
Photo of SilverX

SilverX

• 492 Posts
  • 40 Reply Likes
Wow!
I was using it before Yola offer this !

Now, I can use them legally!!!
Thanks Yola !
Photo of Margie

Margie

• 286 Posts
  • 25 Reply Likes
Thank you, Yola, for one more partnership.

I used the Fotolia sign up link for Yola Silver members, but received no credits. Is there something else I need to do?
Photo of Marije

Marije, Official Rep

• 4636 Posts
  • 237 Reply Likes
Hi Margie - I'm going to investigate and come back to you. Apologies for the wait.
Photo of Margie

Margie

• 286 Posts
  • 25 Reply Likes
Thanks. I have a ticket going at Fotolia. Hopefully, they will work it out.
Photo of Sanja

Sanja, Official Rep

• 10698 Posts
  • 495 Reply Likes
Please let us know if you still have trouble with after contacting them.
Photo of Margie

Margie

• 286 Posts
  • 25 Reply Likes
Thanks, Sanja.

According to Fotolia, I needed to add a promo code when signing up. Apparently using the link Amr posted above wasn't enough.

I just contacted you at Yola support with the details.
Photo of John McCarthy

John McCarthy

• 1292 Posts
  • 99 Reply Likes
Same here there asking for a promo code.
Photo of Emmy

Emmy

• 5892 Posts
  • 299 Reply Likes
Hey all,

I just want to make sure we know where the problem is occurring with redeeming the images.

When you are a Yola Free member you can receive 3 free images from Fotolia. What you do is follow the link Amr posted above https://www.fotolia.com/yola3 and you will fill in a form, and then choose to either have an SMS with the credits sent to you, email or call Fotolia, this is the screen you should end up on when you finish filling out the form:

However, I tried the SMS option and it didn't work for me.

When you have a paid Yola account you will receive 10 free images. You will receive an email from us with the codes to use. If for some reason this did not come to your inbox can you check your spam/junk mail folder, possibly it ended up there. If not, can you email us at support@yola.com and we can sort it out from there for you.

Please let us know if anyone is still struggling to redeem credits.

Emmy
Photo of John McCarthy

John McCarthy

• 1292 Posts
  • 99 Reply Likes
Just to make sure im understanding you.Have yola sent out emails to Yola silver users today? or when we first joined Yola silver?
Photo of Emmy

Emmy

• 5892 Posts
  • 299 Reply Likes
Hi John,
The email would have been sent when you first registered for Yola Silver, not today. Did you not receive this? If that is the case, can you check your junk/spam folder.

Emmy
Photo of John McCarthy

John McCarthy

• 1292 Posts
  • 99 Reply Likes
When i joined Yola Silver,it was Yola Pro so maybe im not eligible.
Photo of diane

diane

• 1238 Posts
  • 121 Reply Likes
Did not receive promo code--have yola bronze/free. Not in spam either.
Photo of Emmy

Emmy

• 5892 Posts
  • 299 Reply Likes
Hi there Diane,
The promo code is only sent in email to Yola Silver purchasers. If you have Yola free/bronze, you can use the link https://www.fotolia.com/yola3, fill in your information, and then obtain the credits via SMS, by emailing or calling Fotolia. Hope that helps!
Photo of diane

diane

• 1238 Posts
  • 121 Reply Likes
They still seem to need a code. I emailed Fotolia and they referred me back to Yola. Haven't tried calling yet.
Photo of Emmy

Emmy

• 5892 Posts
  • 299 Reply Likes
Hmm, I'm sorry about that. So you filled out the form for being a Yola free/bronze customer, submitted it, then emailed them and they asked you for a code? Did you tell them that you were a Yola user and wanting to get the credits for the free images. Sorry for all the questions, but they are supposed to be giving you a code, not the other way around :) Did they say anything else? If you can let me know anything more, I will then speak with someone here and we can get on the phone with Fotolia and see what might be up. Thanks!

Emmy
Photo of Emmy

Emmy

• 5892 Posts
  • 299 Reply Likes
Hi all,

Possibly there is some confusion about the credits because of how the upgrade from Yola Pro to Yola Silver worked. If you had Yola Pro and were upgraded to Yola Silver, the upgrade was that you got a custom domain name added to your account, the upgrade did not include the other credits, such as Fotolia. However you can still get the 3 free Fotolia credits that Yola Free members receive by using the link above.

Hope that helps a bit!

Emmy
Photo of Margie

Margie

• 286 Posts
  • 25 Reply Likes
There didn't seem to be a way Fotolia could add the free credits so I cancelled that account and signed up for a new one, using info from Jeremy in Yola Support.
His response to my request included the link for 10 free credits, along with a promo code which I did need to use. As soon as I confirmed my account, the credits showed up.

I don't want to post the promo code here on a public forum, since it's only for Yola Silver users.