This conversation was archived and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: Old problem, solved several months ago. Archiving to avoid confusion.
The following error occurred:
[code=GATEWAY_TIMEOUT] A gateway timeout occurred. The server is unreachable. Retry the request.
Please contact the administrator.
Is this a Yola problem?
firstname.lastname@example.org .... silver subscriber
Further to Jeremy's reply - we have received reports that people are seeing a Gateway Timeout error or 504 error when they view their site.
We've investigated on our side and the error is not generated by Yola, it looks like a network issue further upstream and beyond our control. Please could you try the following steps:
1. Try accessing your site from another computer on another network to see if you still see the error. If you don't see the error, try steps 2 and 3.
2. Contact your ISP to see whether they are blocking the IP address 220.127.116.11. If they are, ask them how the IP address can be unblocked on their side.
3. There may be a network issue between you and Yola causing the error. Please try accessing your site a little later or try clearing your browser cache: http://www.google.com/support/account....
If you'd like to email the results to us, can you send it to email@example.com to my attention (Marije).
It is likely to be something further upstream but we'd like to try and find out if we can pinpoint it and if possible contact someone to rectify it.
Microsoft Windows [Version 6.0.6000]
Copyright (c) 2006 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
Tracing route to unitedchurchhermanus.com [18.104.22.168]
over a maximum of 30 hops:
1 377 ms 384 ms 387 ms unknown.prolexic.com [22.214.171.124]
My IP address is 126.96.36.199
I wonder who is blocking me-us now, I think Yola's sites are to vulnerable for fouls play.
This is kak, they are causing me to loose revenue!!!!!
If you ping any of the sites I'm struggling with you get 188.8.131.52.
If I put that into my browser I get a Yola message saying
Your domain is pointing to Yola!
Now you just need to publish your site and you're done!
Here's what to do
1. Log into your account and open your site in the Sitebuilder.
2. If your site is unpublished, click on "Publish to the web" and then choose "I already own my domain name". Follow the steps until your site is published.
3. If your site is published to a subdomain, click on the down-arrow next to "Publish to the web" to open the Publishing Settings and publish your site to a domain you already own.
Any other questions? Click here to Get Help!
I've checked my sites and it seems that all is back to normal. I can now access all my websites
This is extremely frustrating, I have three clients that have cancelled their web applications with we because they feel that using an international hosting service like Yola does not seem to be viable if it is going to be inaccessible. I have tried to explain to them that the problem is from Telkom's side, but they insist on giving the contract to a local service provider. Lets see thats 3 Yola Silver accounts at $99.00 each for a 1yr subscription, so now the company has lost a possible $300.00 today just because South Africans cant get to the sites. I wonder if we add all the revenue lost by all the South Africans who are trying to get to their yola accounts using the Telkom DSL/internet portal, ho much did it cost YOLA???
Please contact the Telkom/SAIX ISP and use your YOLA powers to make this right.