get inspired by the sites we love

• Problem
  • Updated 9 years ago
  • Solved
Get inspired by the sites we love

Pictures are very popular on web pages and also Google uses them when properly named.
My Question is Yola considering in bringing out a proper tool to insert pictures, and giving the
option how picture links open, in a new tap or blank? See the problem on your Yola site >>> newoxford.yolasite.com
press the wrong button and the site is gone.
The Method writing in HTML is very time consuming.
Regards
Ernst Weinert
Photo of Ernst Weinert

Ernst Weinert

• 147 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
  • confident

Posted 9 years ago

Photo of Monique

Monique, VP of Customer Support

• 6294 Posts
  • 446 Reply Likes
Hi Ernst

Yes we do have plans to add additional options to our link editor, including specifying the target of your links.

I can't say when this will be released as it has not been scheduled yet, but I will pass on your request to our product team.

I must confess that I don't understand what you mean by:
"See the problem on your Yola site >>> newoxford.yolasite.com
press the wrong button and the site is gone. "
Can you explain it a little more fully? What button did you click that caused the site to disappear?
Photo of Ernst Weinert

Ernst Weinert

• 147 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hello Monique
Open a picture in the picture Gallery, Close the Window again, You have to reopen the Website
Regards
Ernst
Photo of Monique

Monique, VP of Customer Support

• 6294 Posts
  • 446 Reply Likes
That user has linked to their image file from the thumbnail. You use the "back" button to navigate back to the homepage. I suppose it relates to how different people navigate the web. When I click on a link I expect it to open in the same window. If I want to return to where I came from I use the "back" button. It always comes as a shock to me when a link opens in a new tab or window. Here is an excellent article on links that open in a new window or tab that is well worth reading: http://www.smashingmagazine.com/2008/...
Photo of Ernst Weinert

Ernst Weinert

• 147 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hello Monique
I have read the above article and thank you very much.
But I can not agree by clicking on a smaller picture to open a larger picture
to leave my page and go back to my page via the back button virtually opening my previous page completely new , what a waste in time and download bits.

Regards
Ernst
Photo of Dré

Dré

• 201 Posts
  • 15 Reply Likes
Official Response
Hi Ernst,

I'm not sure if you have seen these instructions before or if I'm even understanding your question correctly as well, but could you try this out for me and let me know if it's what you're looking for-

It is possible to have an image link open in a new window by editing the HTML. Here are the steps:

1. Add an image using the text widget (drop a text widget and click "insert image" on the text editing toolbar - it is the icon that looks like a picture in a frame).
2. Click on the image and then click "insert link" on the text editing toolbar.
3. Create your link to your chosen URL as normal.
4. Then click "HTML" - the last icon on the text editing toolbar.
5. You will see the code that looks like this for your image link (using Yola's website and one of my own images as an example):

All you need to do is add in target="blank" as show below:

Please remember to include any folder names in the path if your file is stored in a folder. For example: ` "resources/Pictures/image.jpg" `

Your image link will then open in a new tab or window, depending on what browser your visitor is using.

Hope this helps!
Photo of Ernst Weinert

Ernst Weinert

• 147 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Thank you so much Dre'
Must I re-insert now all my existing pictures via text or is there a shortcut?
Regards
Ernst
Photo of Dré

Dré

• 201 Posts
  • 15 Reply Likes
Hi Ernst,

You would have to re-add them through the text widget unfortunately. A bit of work, I know.
Photo of Ernst Weinert

Ernst Weinert

• 147 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Thank you Dre', go well
Ernst