• 0 Reply Likes
  • indifferent

Posted 8 years ago

Photo of Sanja

Sanja, Official Rep

• 10698 Posts
  • 495 Reply Likes
Hello Irorabaugh

If your site has been published, you and others will be able to get to your site by putting your domain name into the browser window which is towards the top of your screen. Once your site has been indexed by the search engines, people will be able to get to your site using the browser window or the search box, which is located more towards the center of the screen.

Please take a look at our tutorial on promoting your site which will be helpful with the indexing process: Promoting Your Site as well as our Knowledge Book topic on indexing: Getting your site indexed by the search engines.

However, please note that it takes time for newly published sites to be indexed by the search engines. This can take anywhere from a few days to a few months and unfortunately, it is out of our control. Until your site is indexed, people will need to access it by clicking on a link to your site that you provide, or by typing your URL directly into the address bar of their browser.

Another great way to promote your site and any updates you make is through Twitter. If you have a Twitter account, you can easily Tweet any changes or updates you make when you publish! For more information on this please see this thread in our forum: Twitter Button - Tweet your new site or your latest changes!.

If you don't have a Twitter account and would like to get one to make use of this promotion tool, please go to and sign up for a Free account!

You might also want to watch our very informative webcast on this topic: SEO Webinar.
Photo of Donald

• 2991 Posts
  • 37 Reply Likes
yea, but I don't think that will be as sufficient as typing site: into google search. doing this will pull up every single page that is indexed in google. For example...

By visiting this google search, you'll see that 198 pages of my site is indexed in google.