If you need support from Yola please contact us via email@example.com or make use of our live chat service! We are working on a new approach to community-based support and during this transition period we are not adding any new threads to this forum. Many thanks to everyone who has participated over the years and we look forward to unveiling a new peer-to-peer support system soon!
You add the Google Analytics code to each page that you would like to track. This application will help you track your visitors' locations and behaviour on your site - letting you know which parts of your site are the most popular/effective.
Here's how to add Google Analytics:
1. Go to http://www.google.com/analytics/ and sign up for a free account.
2. Type in the URL of your site.
3. Copy the verification code provided by Google.
4. Go to SynthaSite and drag and drop an HTML widget at the bottom of each page you want to track. You could place the code anywhere on your page, but always adding it in the same spot helps you keep track of where you have placed it.
5. Paste the code from Google into the dialogue box of the HTML widget on each page.
6. Republish your site.
If the code is installed correctly you will not see anything on your page, but Google will use this invisible tracking code to gather data on your site. Once you update your site, it be verified and you can log in to your Google Analytics account to find out all the information you want to know about the people who have visited your site. Please be aware that it takes 24 hours for Google Analytics to collect the first lot of data about your site.