If you need support from Yola please contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org or make use of our live chat service! We are working on a new approach to community-based support and during this transition period we are not adding any new threads to this forum. Many thanks to everyone who has participated over the years and we look forward to unveiling a new peer-to-peer support system soon!
How can I add google analytics to my webpage? I have the code I just don't know where to put it in. They say "Copy the following code, then paste it onto every page you want to track immediately before the tag" but I dont know where that is.
Just paste it at the bottom of each page using the html widget.....Always keep it below everything else on each page.....I save my code in note pad and this way I have it handy.If you are using the save as feature to create new pages it will transfer over that way and you won't need to add it each time.
1. Go to Google Analytics and sign up for a free account.
2. Type in the URL of your site.
3. Copy the verification code provided by Google.
4. Go to Yola and drag and drop an HTML widget at the bottom of each page you want to track. You could place the code anywhere on your page, but always adding it in the same spot helps you keep track of where you have placed it.
5. Paste the code from Google into the dialogue box of the HTML widget on each page.
6. Republish your site.
If the code is installed correctly you will not see anything on your page, but Google will use this invisible tracking code to gather data on your site. Once you update your site, it be verified and you can log in to your Google Analytics account to find out all the information you want to know about the people who have visited your site. Please be aware that it takes 24 hours for Google Analytics to collect the first lot of data about your site.
You might also want to watch our very informative webcast on the topic of Search Engine Optimization: SEO Webinar
Please let us know if you have any trouble with this.