Google email setup problems with Yola, Help!

• Problem
  • Updated 7 years ago
  • In Progress
Hello,
I am having trouble setting up am email account for my domain with google. I have went through all the directions that Yola gives on how to set it up and all of the works.
So basically all the following records show up in the DNS Entries box like they are supposed to when I copy and paste the CName into the Google app set-up:

A 208.75.208.172
A www 208.75.208.172
ASPMX.L.GOOGLE.COM. 10
ALT1.ASPMX.L.GOOGLE.COM. 20
ALT2.ASPMX.L.GOOGLE.COM. 20
ASPMX2.GOOGLEMAIL.COM. 30
ASPMX3.GOOGLEMAIL.COM. 30
ASPMX4.GOOGLEMAIL.COM. 30
ASPMX5.GOOGLEMAIL.COM. 30
CNAME googleffffffff96dc249e google.com

But them if I push refresh or sign out and sign back in, they all go away except the CName and then Google says updating under the email screen for 48 hours and then after that tells me an error has occured and the DNS entries are not set up right.

Please Help! This is urgent as I thought there would be no problems and passed out my new email already!

Ann
Photo of Ann

Ann

• 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
  • frustrated

Posted 9 years ago

Photo of Marije

Marije, Official Rep

• 4636 Posts
  • 237 Reply Likes
Hi Ann,

We can help you to get this done - please send an email to support@yola.com with the domain name and we will make the change for you.
Photo of Ann

Ann

• 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
How long will it take for you guys to fix this? I wrote an email to support 3 days ago and I have had no reply!
Photo of Emmy

Emmy

• 5892 Posts
  • 299 Reply Likes
Hi Ann,
I'm sorry you are feeling frustrated and have not received a reply yet. Someone will look at this soon and get back to you. We're sorry for the inconvenience and appreciate your patience.

Emmy
Photo of Marije

Marije, Official Rep

• 4636 Posts
  • 237 Reply Likes
Hi Ann - I was able to fix your domain's settings and you will be able to login to your Google Apps account and complete the process. If it doesn't work immediately, please allow for a few hours to take effect.
Photo of amir

amir

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
hi ,

even i am facing the same problem, can u please help me out too.
my site's eventasticproductions.com
Photo of Marije

Marije, Official Rep

• 4636 Posts
  • 237 Reply Likes
Hi Amir - please send an email to support@yola.com with details that you need to change on your domain so that we can do it for you.
Photo of Ann

Ann

• 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Thank you, it's fixed and works now!
Photo of Olufemi E Olympus

Olufemi E Olympus

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
Am having the same problem I submitted cname using my domain name www.das5.co.uk, for google apps free email, I was able to receive email in my gmail inbox but cannot gain access to my website, everytime I tried to access my website it takes me to google home page.

can you help me ?
Photo of Nazlie

Nazlie

• 1721 Posts
  • 51 Reply Likes
Hi Olufemi

I have checked your DNS records and see that you had pointed your domain, das5.co.uk, to google.com. This is why it automatically directed your website here.

The CNAME has been removed and the changes will take effect within 24 hours. Your MX records have been added correctly, but you will need to add the TXT records to your domain. Please see the details on how to do this, here: Setting up your email with Google Apps.

Let us know if you need more help with this.

Nazlie