google gadget center

• Question
  • Updated 9 years ago
  • Answered
how do i center my google gadget widget?(games)
Photo of bri

bri

• 34 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 11 years ago

Photo of Monique

Monique, VP of Customer Support

• 6294 Posts
  • 446 Reply Likes
Hi bri

There is something with the Google Gadgets code that causes the alignment options in SynthaSite not to work for these widgets.

We are still looking for a way around this problem.
Photo of ski kid

ski kid

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
the codes didn't work for me ether,but then i went to "Google Gadgets" then a page pops up and click browse and another page will pop up full of gadget that say "add to my web page" click that and a page pops up so you can customize the gadget on your page. Next go to the bottom of that page and it has the code then cut and paste to the first page that you opened then hit apply or enter.
Photo of Robert S

Robert S

• 8 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Has a work-around been found for this? (How to center a Google gadget).
Photo of Emmy

Emmy

• 5892 Posts
  • 299 Reply Likes
Hello,
I'm sorry but there isn't a way to center a Google Gadget. I can suggest adding a two column widget to your page and possibly a two column widget in one of the sides, then adding the Google Gadget into one of the columns. You could play around with the two column widget to see if you can get it place where you want on your page.

Emmy
Photo of Brian Stegner

Brian Stegner

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hi,

I only signed up to offer an answer for this question.

the problem, of course, is Google using just a script, with proprietary selectors, etc, and the usual methods of centering a div, or using text-align on the parent selector, all that stuff is down the tubes, it seems hopeless, BUT, it isn't.

I have a boring blog with two sidebars and wanted the Google Translate gadget to be centered in one of the sidebars.

so, what I did was this: I knew text-align wasn't working for some reason, so I used a float, (which only has left/right) coupled with padding (which is very adjustable) and got it centered.

Looking back, it seems painfully obvious, I realize that, but, using

< script blah blah / >

in the example below, it looks like this in the WP widget for text, that I used in a sidebar:

< div style="float:right; padding-right:6px;" >
< script blah blah / >
< /div >

You can see the centered Google Translate gadget here.

obviously, the choice of left or right float is about how it fits with the surroundings, and the pixels or ems involved in the padding are an eyeball thing. If there's a triple-Virgo lurking inside you, don't forget we can use fractions on those ems and pixels. :=)

Regards,
Brian
Photo of Mark N

Mark N

• 466 Posts
  • 30 Reply Likes
Has Yola added a simple solution to this yet? I really want to add gadgets to my sites, but they look so untidy that I simply haven't bothered!
Photo of Emmy

Emmy

• 5892 Posts
  • 299 Reply Likes
Hello,
Unfortunately there is not a way to manually align these. Up on this thread about 7 months ago I gave a suggestion for using two column widgets to better arrange the Google Gadget, possibly that could work for you.
Photo of Reina

Reina

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
I just added a one-celled table and centered it (tables will center). Then, injected my gadget into it, the table cell will wrap itself tight around it and . . . . . . . . . WaLa!!!
Photo of siddhus212

siddhus212

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Its very simple. Just add center tag at start and /center tag at the end. You can see its example at http://
Photo of Stacy Adele Laird

Stacy Adele Laird

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
when i try to add it, it shows a box that says page cant be displayed....y?
Photo of Marije

Marije, Official Rep

• 4636 Posts
  • 237 Reply Likes
Hi Stacy - is the Google Gadget dialog box showing "page cannot be displayed"? I've had a look and it seems to be working fine - could you make sure that you are using an updated version of your browser and let us know what browser/version you are using? If possible, could you post a screenshot of the problem you are seeing so that we can help you further?
Photo of siddhus212

siddhus212

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
center tag aligns perfectly.Please check whether you have tagged it properly.
Look at here: www.mp3softwarespot.com
Here all the gadgets are centre aligned.