Google Mail Settings

• Question
  • Updated 7 years ago
why doesn't my mail work with google? I can see that all the MX records and Cnames are correct, but google still doesn't load my mail
Photo of James Stevenson

James Stevenson

• 8 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
  • frustrated

Posted 7 years ago

Photo of Nathan

Nathan, Champion

• 3739 Posts
  • 307 Reply Likes
Hi James,

Can you let me know what your domain name is that you're trying to set up with Google Apps?

Thanks,
Nathan
Photo of James Stevenson

James Stevenson

• 8 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hi Nathan,

I'm trying to set up www.jamesmediacompany.co.uk

Thanks

James
Photo of Nathan

Nathan, Champion

• 3739 Posts
  • 307 Reply Likes
If you go into your Google Apps control panel, does the Email part show something like this: (but with your domain)

Or does it say "Updating..." for the Email link?

Also, I did a DNS look up, and it looks like your domain doesn't have any MX records. When did you add all of these records? It can take up to 48 hours to propagate through the internet, but usually less.

Here's a screen shot of the MX record look up:

As you can see, it says "No Records Found" for MX records on your domain name.

Nathan
Photo of James Stevenson

James Stevenson

• 8 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hi Nathan,

Yes that's exactly what it looks like with my domain name under the Gmail Icon. To be fair I only done it at 10:00 GMT, but surely it would have cleared out by now. I went into my Yola advanced settings and made sure the MX records were there. Do suggest I wait a day or so before I worry??

Thanks for your help btw

James
Photo of Emmy

Emmy

• 5892 Posts
  • 299 Reply Likes
Hello James,
I'll jump in here and try to help as well. Google Apps allows you to verify your domain using a few different methods. Yola has some helpful instructions as well as a specific area in your Advanced Domain Settings to add a TXT Record for this process. If you are being asked to use an MX Record, please try following through these instructions to generate a TXT Record and then add it to your domain settings in your Yola account:

1. Log into your Google Apps account.
2. On the "Seup" page, click on "Verify Domain Ownership" and then click "Next" to begin.
3. On the next page, select the tab called "Alternate methods".
4. Select "Add a DNS record to your domain's configuration", and from the drop-down box select "Other".
5. This will generate the TXT record needed, it will look something like this:
google-site-verification=3gx2xVdwXE6QxTqQWNVfv7zOpWvEjGhMPeLbACv16yQ.
6. Select the TXT record, right-click and copy it.
7. Log into your Yola account and make sure you are on the My Yola page.
8. Click on "Domains" and, next to the domain you are using for your email address, click on "Advanced domain settings".
9. Click on "Change your DNS settings".
10. To add an TXT record, click on "Add DNS Record".
11. Select TXT from the dropdown menu.
12. Leave the "Name" field blank and paste the the TXT record to the "Value" field.
13. Click on "Update" to save the settings.
14. Once we have done this we will notify you and you can then go back to the page where you see your TXT record and click "Verify".

I hope this will help.

Kind Regards,
Emmy
Photo of James Stevenson

James Stevenson

• 8 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hey Emmy,

Good to hear from you and thanks. I will give this method a try. BTW does it matter that my Yola site is already verified on my Google Apps panel?

Ciao

James
Photo of James Stevenson

James Stevenson

• 8 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hey Emmy,

It doesn't offer me the TXT option, instead it shows me a table of the existing MX records. When I go to the mail link address for my mail address it shows the error message below

This webpage has a redirect loop
The webpage at https://mail.google.com/mail/?gausr=j... has resulted in too many redirects. Clearing your cookies for this site or allowing third-party cookies may fix the problem. If not, it is possibly a server configuration issue and not a problem with your computer.
Here are some suggestions:
Reload this web page later.
Learn more about this problem.
Error 310 (net::ERR_TOO_MANY_REDIRECTS): There were too many redirects.
Photo of Nathan

Nathan, Champion

• 3739 Posts
  • 307 Reply Likes
The TXT option is to verify your domain. But if you already verified your domain name, then all you need to do is set up your MX records. But, if you just set up your MX records it will take a while for them to work. What does your Google Apps control panel say for "Email"?
Photo of James Stevenson

James Stevenson

• 8 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hi,
Still not working even although my apps panel has a green (active) link to mail.jamesmediacompany.co.uk needless to say Google are no help at all,

Thanks Nathan
Photo of jeremy

jeremy, Employee

• 1349 Posts
  • 90 Reply Likes
Hello James,

I am sorry you are having this problem. What are you seeing when you try to verify? I have checked your settings and everything seems to be added correctly. When last did you try and verify your domain?

Many thanks for working with us on this.
Photo of Chris Owen

Chris Owen

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
i have an account with yola and it was woring fine but now im not receving mail to my msn why
Photo of Chris Owen

Chris Owen

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
i made a website at yola and it was working fine but now im not geting mail to my msn account like i was befor help ?
Photo of Laura Thomas

Laura Thomas, Social Media Coordinator

• 4536 Posts
  • 211 Reply Likes
Hi Chris,

What's your website address? Are you referring to a Yola Mail account?