Google shopping feed

• Question
  • Updated 6 years ago
  • Answered
I read in the ecwid newsletter that google shopping integration is now available for their premium users, can we also make use of this?
Photo of Sarongkopen.nl

Sarongkopen.nl

• 51 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like

Posted 6 years ago

Photo of Gop

Gop

• 7473 Posts
  • 2115 Reply Likes
Hello Sarongkopen,

This is enabled in your Yola Online Store through the Ecwid control Panel. The process is documented well and it's a matter then of just going through the steps required. Most of the process is related to obtaining a relevant Google Business Account then uploading your product catalogue for the Google listings. The upload file is automatically generated so you don't have to go through a file creation step.
.... Please log in to your Ecwid control panel, upgrade if needed (this feature is available for Business and Unlimited merchants), then open Promotions – Google Shopping page and follow the instructions there. After all steps are complete, your products will appear when someone searches for your products on google.com and google.com/shopping for hundreds million of Google users....

...→ Online Store → System Settings → Promotions → Google Shopping → ...

It's an excellent strategy and happy you came across it.

PS: You can also create an ebay listing with similar store data but requires the use of a third party converter, Turbo Lister, for creating the list in a relevant format for ebay. (Something for another time maybe?)
Photo of Sarongkopen.nl

Sarongkopen.nl

• 51 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Thanks for the info! Looks a bit complicated but I'll look into it. I'm just having trouble having my site verified at the google merchant center.
I have to upload a html page to my site, visit it and then it's verified but when I upload this page using yola's site manager it doesn't work. The method with the HTML tag isn't working either when I add a HTML tag through the Yola sitebuilder.
Any ideas?
Photo of Gop

Gop

• 7473 Posts
  • 2115 Reply Likes
Interesting,

I have never subscribed to merchant centre specifically but when I go to that site it opens a page with everything ready to go. I do have a Google Apps account and the whole Google thing seems linked. On that page that opens it really is a matter of linking the file and away it seems to go(?). The Netherlands is a Google favoured location so I think that it should be straight forward when you get to this stage.

So may I ask if you have a Google Account at all?
Have you subscribed to Google Webmasters previously and/or Google Analytics? I suspect that with any or all of these the merchant account may be opened (or able to be opened) by default.

Happy to work with you through this.
Photo of KanThaiDecor

KanThaiDecor

• 2402 Posts
  • 263 Reply Likes
This used to be free but Google has gone to a CPC format via AdWords
Photo of Gop

Gop

• 7473 Posts
  • 2115 Reply Likes
Hi KTD,

I saw that and felt that it must be an effective system for a cost process?

I'm sure the answer to this following query is out there on the web but it may be very valuable to ask a successful e-com merchant how you rationalise the bid for the click and possibly how you budget for this and established the value of the "click"? Interested in your experience
Photo of KanThaiDecor

KanThaiDecor

• 2402 Posts
  • 263 Reply Likes
I have not done well with CPC to be honest. Part of my problem is that bids for furniture and home decor is high in cost. . . . Another site that I get visits from that is good for products is thefind.com and you can upload a feed for free. Their instructions are fairly easy on how to put one together using a spreadsheet and then upload as a txt file....At his point I have to say that I get as many visits from my business account on Pinterest as I do from Bing or Yahoo so that is another good site to use.
Photo of Gop

Gop

• 7473 Posts
  • 2115 Reply Likes
That's good information and thanks for the experience.

Online Store users would be easily (relatively) able to create a text file from their store inventory and then subsequently use this for uploading to Pinterest.
Photo of KanThaiDecor

KanThaiDecor

• 2402 Posts
  • 263 Reply Likes
I don't think Pinterest has that but the find does . . . The idea of Pinterest is to put their buttons on your site for people to pin. I get it started on their site and get repins along with visits. They count as links to your site also. I wish Google would count them as they do FB Likes. Google+ ended up a waste of time IMO.
Photo of Gop

Gop

• 7473 Posts
  • 2115 Reply Likes
There are certainly a lot of writers asking if G+ is worth it and their own answers seem to be on the negative.

Always hard to know the reality but it does seem clear that FB rules in comparison and Pinterest has a greater interest than G+ social fora, despite the indexing that Google does immediately for any G+ additions.