Growing Text Boxes

• Problem
  • Updated 5 years ago
  • Solved
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

When I put a text box in, it seems to grow taller and taller in the editor. It isn't a big problem, but it's enough to be annoying.
Photo of Unionhawk

Unionhawk

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
  • annoyed

Posted 10 years ago

Photo of Emmy

Emmy

• 5892 Posts
  • 299 Reply Likes
Hello,
Does it grow taller after you add something to it? Can you tell me a bit more about this and I will try to help. Thanks!

Emmy
Photo of Shaq

Shaq

• 868 Posts
  • 5 Reply Likes
Hi.

Hi, I also get this problem. What happens is the drag and drop the textbox component where you want it. add what you want save and leave the page come back and it is bigger than before, Than to undo it you have it click it or 62% delete a few lines you did not create.

When this happens again i will post a screen shot
Photo of Shaq

Shaq

• 868 Posts
  • 5 Reply Likes
Ok it just happened to me again here is a screen shot (Before and arfter)

I have just saved and gone to edit another page

I have saved the other page i was on and i have returned to find this

NOTE:
DOES NOT AFFECT SITE
Photo of RolandLalonde

RolandLalonde

• 7 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
its
Photo of Monique

Monique, VP of Customer Support

• 6294 Posts
  • 446 Reply Likes
Official Response
Hi Guys

This is a bug. You are correct: it is annoying but does not affect your actual site. We are working on it and hope to have it fixed soon. Please bear with us.
Photo of Shaq

Shaq

• 868 Posts
  • 5 Reply Likes
Thank you Monique. No big Rush tho, its just something that annoys you when you are having a bad day
Photo of Monique

Monique, VP of Customer Support

• 6294 Posts
  • 446 Reply Likes
Well we don't want to "bug" you when you are having a bad day (sorry, lame joke). Thank you for your patience - we appreciate it!
Photo of Shaq

Shaq

• 868 Posts
  • 5 Reply Likes
Monique correction it was not a lame joke LOL. mine was
Photo of Shaq

Shaq

• 868 Posts
  • 5 Reply Likes
IS IT ME OR IS IT GETTING WORSE
Photo of Ruth

Ruth

• 2819 Posts
  • 135 Reply Likes
Shaq, we are aware of this, and we are working on the issue. Please see Monique's comments above.
Photo of UK Duke

UK Duke, Champion

• 3321 Posts
  • 213 Reply Likes
doesnt bother me - never has, there are more important things for the development team to be working on.
Photo of Shaq

Shaq

• 868 Posts
  • 5 Reply Likes
Lee. it may not bother you, tho may bother some else. and its a bug and may develop into something bigger
Photo of Ruth

Ruth

• 2819 Posts
  • 135 Reply Likes
Shaq,

It is unlikely to grow into something bigger. You have already been told numerous times by different people that we are working on the issue.

I'm sorry that you are finding it annoying. We also find it annoying when things don't work as they should. We are working as hard as we can to find a solution. I know how hard our engineers work and the hours that they work, please allow them some time to find an answer.
Photo of LillyHFB

LillyHFB

• 38 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I, too,have this problem showing up on my website, http://hopefrombeyond.synthasite.com I also have the blue banner of Synthasite showing up not where it is supposed to show up on the bottom of the screen. Instead it is cutting my Navigation Bar in half. It now blocks out several of my topics in the Navigation bar. Can anyone give me instructions on how to fix this?

Thank you,

LillyHFB
Photo of Shaq

Shaq

• 868 Posts
  • 5 Reply Likes
Hey Lilly. I know this is off topic tho would you be interested in exchanging links for each others sites here is my sites link:
http://www.shaqs-ministry.synthasite.com
Let me now if you are interested
Photo of Peter

Peter

• 2569 Posts
  • 113 Reply Likes
Hello Lilly,

Does this problem appear immediately you open your site editor or does it grow as you work on the text boxes?
Photo of LillyHFB

LillyHFB

• 38 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Mine appeared immediately, and most of my articles are double spaced now, even though I'm not wanting them to be. There also is another issue, my Navigation Bar seems to be in a larger font than I would want, and towards the bottom of the screen, about 3/4ths the way down, the Synthasite banner is cutting across my screen blocking several of my Navigation Bar links. http://hopefrombeyond.synthasite.com I can't find where to make smaller the font size on the Navigation bar or stop this Synthasite from being in the place it is, rather than where it should be which is at the bottom of the screen.

Any help you can give me is very appreciated.

Thank you,

Lilly
Photo of Peter

Peter

• 2569 Posts
  • 113 Reply Likes
Lilly,

Is this interfering with your site building? If so may I suggest that you shoot off an email to Support@synthasite.com on this.

Copy and paste the posts you have put up here plus your browser details.

If it's not interfering with your building, then I know that they are working on the issue and it will be resolved asap. I'm having the same problem but the impact is less because of my style. I don't have the vertical menu and I'm no seeing any change in font spacing or size.

Your site appears OK live. I guess you know that.

I hope that it works out quickly.
Photo of Emmy

Emmy

• 5892 Posts
  • 299 Reply Likes
Hi LilyHFB,
I'm really sorry you are having this problem. I have taken a look at your site using the Firefox browser and it looks ok to me. Can you please tell me what browser and operating system you are using. I will post a screen shot of what I am seeing at the bottom of your page; the page is very long so it is difficult for me to paste the whole thing. It would be great if you could post a screen shot of how it is appearing for you.

Photo of Unionhawk

Unionhawk

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Ok, I mean, that in the site editor, as I type, the text box gets progressively bigger, but not on the site. It's just slightly annoying, is all.
Photo of Emmy

Emmy

• 5892 Posts
  • 299 Reply Likes
Hello Unionhawk,
Our engineers are working on this and we really appreciate your patience.
Photo of Shaq

Shaq

• 868 Posts
  • 5 Reply Likes
Hey union hawk. Synthasite is awear about what you mean as i gave them details of what i am also experiencing. Synthasite is working on it tho they can't give a time of when it will be fixed.
Photo of LillyHFB

LillyHFB

• 38 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Here is a screen shot of the problem when using Internet Explorer:
Notice how it is cutting across the screen up where it shouldn't be. This blue banner with the synthasite links should be at the very bottom of the screen with any browser. The picture is of the Index page: http://hopefrombeyond.synthasite.com

Sincerely,
LillyHFB
Photo of Emmy

Emmy

• 5892 Posts
  • 299 Reply Likes
Hi LilyHFB,
I am checking into this and will get back with you when I have more information. Thanks for posting the screen shot.

Emmy
Photo of Emmy

Emmy

• 5892 Posts
  • 299 Reply Likes
This appears to be a bug with the style and will need to be looked at further by our engineering team. I'm sorry for the inconvenience and will let you know when I have more information. We appreciate your patience as we work on this.
Photo of Emmy

Emmy

• 5892 Posts
  • 299 Reply Likes
Hello,
This is a bug, and although I cannot give an exact time as to when a fix will be deployed, there is something you can do to remedy the problem in the meantime. The problem is that the footer will go at the bottom of wherever your content ends. If you put a text box onto your page and hit the Return or Enter key a bunch of times it will move the footer down the page. I hope you can use this as a workaround until a fix is in place.

Kind Regards,
Emmy
Photo of UK Duke

UK Duke, Champion

• 3321 Posts
  • 213 Reply Likes
we all see it in IE7 - dont know why (expert needed)
if you want to take pic's of your screen read this thread http://getsatisfaction.com/SynthaSite...

good luck
Photo of LillyHFB

LillyHFB

• 38 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Thank you, Emmy, for your aid. I'm just grateful that Synthasite is so helpful with working on this issue. Much appreciated!

Best Wishes,

Lilly
Photo of APOLO69

APOLO69

• 87 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
have the same problem in IE8 and safari 3.2.2 as soon as i try to work on a box it starts growing.
Photo of Project Development

Project Development

• 15 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I am still having this problem but it only started about 3 weeks ago and in Google chrome 2.0.172. Not a big problem as it does not happen to me in Safari 4.
Photo of Sanja

Sanja, Official Rep

• 10698 Posts
  • 495 Reply Likes
This growing text box is a known bug with Chrome. I would suggest using a different browser until this is fixed.