Headings

• Question
  • Updated 4 years ago
  • Answered
list where we can find each heading instead of saying Heading 1, 2, 3, etc.
Photo of Jane

Jane

• 86 Posts
  • 5 Reply Likes

Posted 5 years ago

Photo of Jane

Jane

• 86 Posts
  • 5 Reply Likes
The Main header is a given. The 2nd Header is my blog titles. I can't figure out or edit the 3rd through 6th headers. Most will not let me go below the size 10. Except for the 6th header which won't let me go below size 9. My 5th header was size 7.NAN. What is that? When I tried to change it. I found out that I am unable to put that number (7.NAN) back in there. This is also true of any number with a point (.) in it. I don't want to go to default because that changes EVERYTHING back to default. Where are the 3rd through 6th headers? Why can't I edit each of these to the size I want them?
Photo of Stefan

Stefan, Official Rep

• 4448 Posts
  • 190 Reply Likes
Hello Jane

I can see multiple sites in your Yola account. Can you please let me know to which of them you're referring and what the name of the page is where I can find your blog? I'll then be able to look into this for you. Thank you.
Photo of Jane

Jane

• 86 Posts
  • 5 Reply Likes
Hi,

Here is a snap shot of both of my sites that have blogs. In the Moopaw snap shot, the font I am referring to is the large black print that states, Showing Tag: "abuse" and in the Luree's Space snap shot, the font that I am referring to is the large green print that states, Showing Tag: "beauty". What I am asking is, How do I edit (that is change the size and color) of these.
Here is the URL of each:

http://www.moopaw.net/moopaws-blog/ta...

http://lureesspace.yolasite.com/luree...

Thanks for the Help,
Jane
Photo of Gop

Gop

• 7473 Posts
  • 2115 Reply Likes
Hello Jane,

Here is an old post on a similar issue which may help: How to change the style of your blog post titles.

The Yola blog facility has matured and there really isn't any ongoing support for the facility anymore.
Photo of Jane

Jane

• 86 Posts
  • 5 Reply Likes
Hi,
Thanks for helping but your link is dead.
Photo of Jane

Jane

• 86 Posts
  • 5 Reply Likes
Hi,

Thanks for helping but your link (http://hexham.info/forum) is unable to be viewed.
Photo of Gop

Gop

• 7473 Posts
  • 2115 Reply Likes
Apologies. The background info should still be relevant as far as setting up the heading parameters for the blog.
Photo of Jane

Jane

• 86 Posts
  • 5 Reply Likes
Sorry I am getting a Page Not Found (404).
Photo of Jane

Jane

• 86 Posts
  • 5 Reply Likes
Sorry I am getting "Page Not Found (404)."
Photo of Gop

Gop

• 7473 Posts
  • 2115 Reply Likes
Definitely there on that link:

Photo of Jane

Jane

• 86 Posts
  • 5 Reply Likes
I hate telling you this but to me that all looks like a foreign language. I really don't know HTML. Sorry, but thanks so much for the help.
Photo of Stefan

Stefan, Official Rep

• 4448 Posts
  • 190 Reply Likes
Hello Jane

You can only change the formatting of the "Showing tag" heading by working with site CSS edits. Here's a step-by-step guide for you to achieve this:
  1. Open your website in the Sitebuilder.

2. Open your blog page.

3. Click on the "Widgets" tab.

4. Click on the "Popular" category.

5. Drag and drop HTML Code Widget to the very top of your page.

6. The HTML Editor will open. Copy/paste this code fully:
    <style type="text/css">

.blog-h1 {
    color: #ff0000;
    font-size: 16px;
    }</style>

7. "color" determines the font colour, "font-size" the size of the heading. Replace the values by the code for your desired settings. For web-friendly colour codes, please refer to our HTML Colour Code Chart. For adjusting the font size, choose another number between let's say 12 and 24px.

8. Save and preview. Click on the "abuse" tag link to see the result. Re-do the steps in order to change the settings again.

Please note that there's no other way to customize your blog heading formatting and that we stopped supporting the Yola Blog Widget almost 2 years ago, as Gop correctly mentioned.
Photo of Jane

Jane

• 86 Posts
  • 5 Reply Likes
Thanks so much that works perfectly. I really need to learn HTML.
Photo of Jane

Jane

• 86 Posts
  • 5 Reply Likes
Stefan,

Thanks so much. This is absolutely perfect.

Jane