Help.

• Question
  • Updated 10 years ago
  • Answered
Ok, instead of using up way to much time, I'll just ask at the risk of sounding stupid. If the shoe fits right, LOL! Ok, Yola provides a template which is all I need to have a website. But, are there no choices given to me as to what fonts or colors I can use? Are there compatible tools I can download to help me create a more custom website? Do I need to learn HTML? I didn't do the research before I joined up obviously. I am not upset in fact, the more I have to actually do myself the better off I will be in the end. More knowledge for me instead of everything being done for me. But I also think I might be missing something that Yola may have. I can't seem to find the info on the Yola site. Like what options I have in "creating" my website basically.

Thank you much, denise:)
PS I guess to put it simply, are the templates(as they are)the only thing I get from Yola to "create" my website? If so, how do people customize and where can I get the step by step instructions:)?
Photo of Denise

Denise

• 393 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes

Posted 10 years ago

Photo of Sanja

Sanja, Official Rep

• 10698 Posts
  • 495 Reply Likes
Official Response
Hi Denise

I'm glad that you discovered the text bar! =) But, in addition, there are ways to customize your site. There are some template styles that allow for greater customizations such as changing background color, headers. This is an excellent guide for which templates allow to do to what:

http://www.yola.com/yola-style-guide

Also.. you change definitely add HTML to help give your site a new look as well. This forum is really great at helping you get the codes you need for your site.

You can also take advantage of adding widgets which are available to you in your right hand side column which might help personalize your sites.

Please don't hesitate to ask us for ideas or help with your site.