help

• Problem
  • Updated 10 years ago
  • Solved
there is a problem with my home page there is a line in it can you say how to remove it pleace
Photo of shield

shield

• 8 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 10 years ago

Photo of Connor McCarra

Connor McCarra, Champion

• 944 Posts
  • 47 Reply Likes
Hey Shield,

Can you give us an address to have a look? I'm sure we can help!
Photo of shield

shield

• 8 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Photo of Monique

Monique, VP of Customer Support

• 6294 Posts
  • 446 Reply Likes
Hi Shield

Thanks for posting the link. However, I am not sure if I am seeing the line you are referring to. Everything looks good to me. Can you point me in the right direction by describing where on the page the line appears that you wish to remove?
Photo of Connor McCarra

Connor McCarra, Champion

• 944 Posts
  • 47 Reply Likes
I can't see any line either. Has it been fixed?
Photo of Alex

Alex

• 3448 Posts
  • 39 Reply Likes
its a scrollbar in the middle of the page, i can see it!
its not active but it disrupts the page, it looks like a small HTML code error. this is not Yols fault, i would delete the page & start again watching to see what it is that makes the page crash. (i would avaod using the broken code {if you find it} and find a alternative)

alex
Photo of shield

shield

• 8 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
i am agoing to wait and if i down get a good answer i will just delete it ok thanks for all your help
Photo of Connor McCarra

Connor McCarra, Champion

• 944 Posts
  • 47 Reply Likes
Don't do it just yet! Maybe you could allow one of the Yola employee's into your account and I'm sure they could fix it for you.
Photo of Sanja

Sanja

• 10698 Posts
  • 495 Reply Likes
It shows up in IE.. not FF.

It appears as if there's a scroll bar function but it actually doesn't scroll.

Here's the image:
Photo of Alex

Alex

• 3448 Posts
  • 39 Reply Likes
THATS IT! THATS IT!
Photo of shield

shield

• 8 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
its a scrollbar in on the page sorry how ca i move it
Photo of Connor McCarra

Connor McCarra, Champion

• 944 Posts
  • 47 Reply Likes
Hi Shield's,

I'm sorry I can't seem to see your problem. Maybe you and Alex are using the same browser? I'm using Firefox and it doesn't show up.

I just see that one of your navigation buttons 'contact us' (which is also spelt wrong I think!) is out of its position, could be too many links.

Connor
Photo of Sanja

Sanja

• 10698 Posts
  • 495 Reply Likes
Official Response
It appears as if you've used a program like Word and that you've copied your text from Word and then pasted into your site. Word has hidden formatting that often causes problems on websites.

What you need to do is copy from Word to Notepad (under accessories on your desktop). This will strip away all internal formatting. Then, copy from Notepad into your text widget on your site.

I would suggest that you try this first to see if this clears away the problem.

Were you intending to have a scroll bar function?
Photo of shield

shield

• 8 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
yes thats it its from words that i gat this problem and no i was not puting a scrollbar there thanks
Photo of Sanja

Sanja

• 10698 Posts
  • 495 Reply Likes
I think I found the script to get rid of the scroll bar function. I would suggest that you save your page first - go to "save page as" and give it a new name. This way if any error should arise, then you'll still have your original.

Go into your HTML and see if you can locate this code.

<script>var x,yvar step=11var flag=1// Your snappy message. Important: the space at the end of the sentence!!!var message="Your message goes here "message=message.split("")var xpos=new Array()for (i=0;i<=message.length-1;i++) {xpos[i]=-50}var ypos=new Array()for (i=0;i<=message.length-1;i++) {ypos[i]=-50}function handlerMM(e){x = (document.layers) ? e.pageX : document.body.scrollLeft+event.clientXy = (document.layers) ? e.pageY : document.body.scrollTop+event.clientYflag=1}function makesnake() {if (flag==1 && document.all) {for (i=message.length-1; i>=1; i--) {xpos[i]=xpos[i-1]+stepypos[i]=ypos[i-1]}xpos[0]=x+stepypos[0]=yfor (i=0; i<message.length-1; i++) {var thisspan = eval("span"+(i)+".style")thisspan.posLeft=xpos[i]thisspan.posTop=ypos[i]}}else if (flag==1 && document.layers) {for (i=message.length-1; i>=1; i--) {xpos[i]=xpos[i-1]+stepypos[i]=ypos[i-1]}xpos[0]=x+stepypos[0]=yfor (i=0; i<message.length-1; i++) {var thisspan = eval("document.span"+i)thisspan.left=xpos[i]thisspan.top=ypos[i]}}var timer=setTimeout("makesnake()",30)}</script>

</head><body onLoad="makesnake()" style="width:80%;overflow-x:hidden;overflow-y:scroll">

<script><!-- Beginning of JavaScript -for (i=0;i<=message.length-1;i++) {document.write("<span id='span"+i+"' class='spanstyle'>")document.write(message[i])document.write("</span>")}if (document.layers){document.captureEvents(Event.MOUSEMOVE);}document.onmousemove = handlerMM;// - End of JavaScript - --></script>

Delete that whole code and your scroll bar should go away.
Photo of Emmy

Emmy

• 5892 Posts
  • 299 Reply Likes
Thanks for all your help on this one littleus!
Photo of shield

shield

• 8 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
thanks i remmber tryong to puting that code but it did not work am new to the site making but thant to you for all you have down ok and what do you think about the site so far for a newbi lol http://shieldshq.yolasite.com and do you have your own site send a link ok
Photo of Sanja

Sanja

• 10698 Posts
  • 495 Reply Likes
I love evaluating sites.... so I will do so later this evening. In the meantime, feel free to check out my site. http://dejavuapparel.yolasite.com
Photo of Sanja

Sanja

• 10698 Posts
  • 495 Reply Likes
Hi shield

I've finally the opportunity to look at your site. It would appear that the scroll bar is still there. Perhaps you have not had a chance to fix this yet? I do have a few suggestions. However, you need to do what is right for you and your site. It's your vision! =)

1. Homepage
- you have a lot of information on that page. I would encourage you to try and break it up a bit. Perhaps you could create sub-pages? Here's an excellent tutorial on how to achieve this: http://www.yola.com/tutorials/creatin...

2. Navigation menu
- I would try to make all your menu headings the same in presentation. For example, all the first letter of your menu heading is capitalized and the rest lower case or make them all uppercase. Right now, the presentation isn't consistent.

- Your "cantact us" should be "contact us"

- Also, it would appear that your menu wrapping to the 2nd row. I don't know if this is the cause of your Word formatting or not. Ideally, the navigation menu should be just one line.

3. Training Page
- Traning should probably be "Training"

- again, your formatting is done through Word and this may create some problems for you. I noticed that there is a gap in the middle of your paragraph under "Skill at Arms & Shooting" and "Cadet and the Community" (though that one may have been intended).

- Capitalize the S on shields

Great job on getting your site this far! I hope that you have found my comments helpful. If you need any further clarification, please let me know.
Photo of shield

shield

• 8 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
thanks for all the help now am at work so i am going make the changes later ok and i ned so more help with some but later ok littleus