HELP!

• Problem
  • Updated 10 years ago
  • Solved
I have a problem with my settings. All of a sudden my fonts changed and all my work has become a mass! :( :(

I had an inquiry about upgrading my website to mydomain.ro. I have seen your team tried to figure it out and visited the site. I do not know what happened after that but when I wanted to log in I found ALL my texts with different fonts and sizes and couldn't resize them back as they were. However if I try Preview Page, they appear normal.
This is a very bothering issue because I practically cannot work on the website anymore (I have no control over the page borders and appearance so I cannot add anything else).
I sent you an email and did not receive any answer. Please help!
Photo of dana Florea

dana Florea

• 78 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
  • very very sad and frustrated

Posted 10 years ago

Photo of Alex

Alex

• 3448 Posts
  • 39 Reply Likes
i have had this problem before, i resolved it by copying the text from the previewed page into the text box (deleting the old text before of course!)

does this help?

if not just give me a shout!

Alex
Photo of Sanja

Sanja, Official Rep

• 10698 Posts
  • 495 Reply Likes
Hi dana

Would you mind sharing your url so that we can see what is going on? Also, can you try clearing your cache in your browser and then re-logging back in?
Photo of Monique

Monique, VP of Customer Support

• 6294 Posts
  • 446 Reply Likes
This sounds very much like a problem with some problematic code, or text copied and pasted from an external source. If you post the link we can confirm this for you.

I am sorry that you have not had an answer to your email. I will try to find out what happened to it. As Yola does not sell .ro domains, you would need to buy your domain from another registrar and then configure your DNS settings to point to our servers. Let us know if you would like to do this, or if you would like to consider a different extension for your domain and we will send you the relevant instructions.
Photo of dana Florea

dana Florea

• 78 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Dear Alex and Littleus

I have tried your solutions but they do not work.

Alex, if i copy the text from the preview version, and paste it, it looks different, practically one setting dissapeared from my text toolbar (heading2 -greyfont, small size, trebuchet, bold).

Littleus
I can share my URL (www.egiptul.yolasite.com) but I do not think it will help because it is the older version and I am afraid to update it and have everything upside down. I really needed this website ready tomorrow :(
so you can imagine how I feel...not to mention that even my gadgets moved from their initial position and I hope I can reload and arrange them again.

However, as I said clicking preview from my sitebuilder ..I see the old, good version of my site. It seems the problem is in the sitebuilder,
Photo of Monique

• 6294 Posts
  • 446 Reply Likes
Littleus - go to this page on Dana's site: http://www.egiptul.yolasite.com/infor... Right click on it and select "view page source" Can you see all the MSO tags (Microsoft Office) in the text? This is likely not a browser problem, but there is a ton of rich formatting in there which is very likely to cause the symptoms Dana is describing. I feel just rotten about this, because I understand that she is under time pressure, but some repair work is definitely needed.
Photo of Sanja

Sanja, Official Rep

• 10698 Posts
  • 495 Reply Likes
I did wonder about this possibility.. but neglected to check it out. I'm hopping about like a mad rabbit trying to get stuff done. I'm glad that you caught that as this is most likely the reason why she's having trouble.
Photo of Monique

• 6294 Posts
  • 446 Reply Likes
Thanks for volunteering your time when you are under pressure to meet your own deadlines. As a matter of interest if GS implements your "pinned note" idea, the first thing I will add is "Do not paste text from MS Word onto your site" It is such a natural thing to do, that it is no wonder people don't realize the problems they are creating for themselves. We need to find a better way to inform people so they don't lose lots of hard work.
Photo of Monique

• 6294 Posts
  • 446 Reply Likes
The HTML validator we tried to implement would have caught this. However, it also blocks a lot of the custom code people use on their site. Advanced users like yourself might suddenly find workable code being rejected. So we are in a big dilemma over this one.
Photo of dana Florea

dana Florea

• 78 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Thank you guys for your prompt help and relpy!
Monique, you are right but as my icon appears, i am a cookie in this field :) so I am learning now...
Photo of dana Florea

dana Florea

• 78 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Dear Monique,

Regarding mydomain.ro I have already sent an email and got reply from Emmy (email ref:Update on Your Request {91658) but when I wanted to check her instructions and logged in I have discovered this problem.
The last problem i had was with the Wufoo form and tried to paste the full page code (as the Java script or Iframe codes did not work), maybe it is from here. My issue with Wufoo was mentioned in my email as well...

Many thanks
Photo of dana Florea

dana Florea

• 78 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I updated the site now and it looks ok but the text in the sitebuilder looks the same and the heading2 option does not work.
Wufoo form was in my "contact" page if this helps...Thanks again!
Photo of Monique

• 6294 Posts
  • 446 Reply Likes
Hi Dana

Emmy is traveling from Wisconsin to Cape Town at the moment. This would explain why she has been unable to get back to you. However, I can try to help as well.

If the code you copied from Wufoo was incorrect that would explain the problems you are having.

I also noticed that you have text copied from MS Word on your site. I can see this when I view the page source. I need to advise you that when you copy and paste rich text directly from MS Word onto your site, this brings along a whole lot of unwanted formatting that is not web friendly and can easily break your page. It can also cause your site to show up inconsistently in different browsers, or completely ruin your page. The problem might not always show up immediately, but sometimes it happens after you save and navigate to a different page or log out and log in again. To avoid display and loading issues, the best alternative is first to paste your text into NotePad (in the accessories folder of your computer) and then paste it as plain text onto your Yola page. You can then use the Yola text editor to format your text as desired.

My suggestion in your case would be that you don't republish your site but that you reconstruct your pages as per my suggestion first. You have a really lovely website and I am so sorry that you are going to have to do this work to fix the problem, but it really is the only solution.

If there is anything further we can do to help you, please let us know.
Photo of dana Florea

dana Florea

• 78 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Many thanks!

I will follow your instructions regarding the text. What shall I do with the wufoo form? It seems it is from there. I tried to access now the page "contact" and I cannot see its bottom, I practically cannot remove teh wufoo widget. Any ideas? i have already upgraded the website :(
http://www.egiptul.yolasite.com/conta...
Photo of Monique

• 6294 Posts
  • 446 Reply Likes
For the Wufoo form I suggest:

1) Copy the text from your published site and save it.
2) Open the site manager tab and delete your contact page.
3) Create a new contact page and add your text as per my instructions.
4) Paste the Wufoo code you are using here or email it to me so we can see what is broken. If you paste it here, type <!-- at the beginning of the code and --> at the end of the code to stop it being interpreted by this website.

Hopefully someone will be able to help you debug the code. This is not my strong point but if no one in the forum can help I will find someone who can.
Photo of dana Florea

dana Florea

• 78 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Shall I open another subject about Wufoo codes?
Wufoo offers many codes for teh same form. I tried them all and no one works properly except the pop up one (I tried Javascript, and Iframe, and popup codes). The Wufoo team suggested me to introduce the full page code and it seems this is also creating problems
Here is the full page code
<!--<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN"
"http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml...>

<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml">
<head>

<title>
Wufoo : contacteaza-ne
</title>

<style type="text/css">
*{margin:0;padding:0;}
html{overflow:hidden;}
#wufoo{position:absolute;width:100%;height:100%;}
body{margin-bottom:-17px;}
iframe{height:100%;width:100%;border:none;}
</style>

</head>

<body>

<div id="wufoo">
<iframe title="contacteaza-ne" frameborder="0" src="http://egiptulro.wufoo.com/forms/z7x4...>
<a href="http://egiptulro.wufoo.com/forms/z7x4m1/" title="html form">Fill out my Wufoo form!</a>
</iframe>
</div>

</body>
</html>-->
Photo of dana Florea

dana Florea

• 78 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Dear Monique, I am really sorry to bother you again but after following the steps you showed me, I still have the same issue.
I deleted the page Contact and rebuilt it again. I added the text directly from notepad but it is still the same: my option for text style changed (heading 2 instead of trebuchet style, small size, grey color, now heading 2 appears to me Times New Roman style, large size, black font). Is there any chance to get back that setting for Heding 2 or this is lost forever?

Many thanks
Photo of Monique

• 6294 Posts
  • 446 Reply Likes
Hi Dana

When you paste the text as plain text, initially it will inherit the default text of the style.

However you can format your text using the text editing toolbar, to make it H2 and Trebuchet.

Let me know if you have trouble with this.
Photo of dana Florea

dana Florea

• 78 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Dear Monique,
As I said before, I built a new page and normally the text toolbar should have been the original one with H2 meaning Trebuchet, greycolor, small size, bold. Instead, on the brand new page H2 appears Times new roman, black color large size. My only option is to rearrange everything manually which is "killing" having in mind that I must reconstruct the whole site-as per your previous instructions! This H2 option would have helped me a lot to set up the text.
It seems all the website has this problem. I would like to mention that I tried also with introducing text manually, directly on the website, on the new page but the problem is still the same. Do you have any idea why?

What is intriguing me teh most is the fact that even if the text looks bad in my sitebuilder, when I preview the page, this appears normal. Even if I want to update the site, the text is the same like in preview, the only thing that is changed is the position of the widgets and the alignment of some texts. Is this typical for my problem?
Many thanks and sorry for bothering so much, but I am really stressed especially that I've been working for many months at this website :(
Photo of dana Florea

dana Florea

• 78 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Just to make myself more clear:
when i introduce manually the text, this should be the default style (Trebuchet) as per website design, and after that using Heading 2 i could choose what I want (Heading 2 -before this problem- was Trebuchet, bold, small size, grey color). In my case, if i introduce text-manually- on my new page(that theoretically should not be corrupted) this appears different than the default one (it is Times New Roman, black, large size)and not trebuchet, grey color.
I have asked the help of an IT guy who told me now that he sees the main problem in the wufoo code introduced on my Contact page but what is strange is that I deleted that page already and rebuilt another one..and I still have the problem. Unfortunately he cannot see the source from teh site builder...:(
Photo of Sanja

Sanja, Official Rep

• 10698 Posts
  • 495 Reply Likes
Dana.. what page are you experiencing this problem? Perhaps I can see what's going on?
Photo of dana Florea

dana Florea

• 78 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hi Little us
Sorry
I experience this on all pages of my website builder(fortunately this does not appear on my updated website otherwise I would have killed myself already :( ).
It seems the incriminated page from where the problems started was the page called "contact". (because of an Wufoo full page code). So I deleted that page and rebuilt it again without any wufoo code. However, the problem still persists throghout all the pages of my site builder.
You can check this
http://www.egiptul.yolasite.com/conta...

I hope I can reach the bottom of this story because i am really down.

Many thanks
Photo of Sanja

Sanja, Official Rep

• 10698 Posts
  • 495 Reply Likes
Hmm... this is a puzzle indeed. Can you try editing this in a different browser. I just wonder if the results would be the same? What browser do you use now?
Photo of dana Florea

dana Florea

• 78 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
little us
Hi and sorry for delay (I have a little baby boy to take care of, as well :))
So my browser is Explorer. My husband tried to install FF but we faced some big issues and we gave up for the moment.

The point is that I am not 100% sure that the cause of all these troubles is just the text copied from Word. If it is so, why the new pages that I want to build have the same problem with the fonts? In my opinion (but I am lawyer not IT :() the ones affected should be only the pages where I introduced the text from Word and not the entire site.
I would really want to know if the sympthoms I described here are exclusively from the texts I introduced or there is something else.
I'll surely start changing the text as per Monique's instructions but I have no certainty that this will solve the problem.
Photo of Sanja

Sanja, Official Rep

• 10698 Posts
  • 495 Reply Likes
Hi Dana

I've been mulling it over in my head what could be the reasons why you're experiencing these problems. I think at this point, you're best to contact support@yola.com They will have their experts take a look at what's going on. I'm sorry that I couldn't have been more helpful in this regard and that it is taking so long to find a resolution.
Photo of papa

papa

• 327 Posts
  • 20 Reply Likes
dana florea

PLEASE Don't give up !!!

I just look at your site and it look really interesting after I translated to English.

if you have not updated yet maybe you could try making up another test site with the new changes that you are going to make. Or at least a page or two. At least if the new page works you can then move everything over to the new site,publish under a YOURSITE.yola.com and you can see if it works better. It requires work but a test page or two may work best to see if it helps.

I really like what I seen and will take time to come back again

best wishes for successes
papa
Photo of dana Florea

dana Florea

• 78 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hi guys and Thank you for your support!
Unfortunately there is nothing I can do more with this website ...

I have already contacted the Yola support but did not find any solution till now (their solutions simply do not work). I have tried to copy/paste the text from Notepad this time but everything is the same. I have tried to delete the old text and rebuilt teh pages again but it simply does not work because when I am trying to set up the style manually the font style does not work properly!!! ( I set up trebuchet but I get a diferrent font -looking more like Arial..even if the style looks like set up for Trebuchet-I can easily see the difference from the published page).
So the only way is to start up a completely new website! I was really hoping in some help, but it seems I am a hopeless case...
Photo of Sanja

Sanja, Official Rep

• 10698 Posts
  • 495 Reply Likes
Hi Dana

This seems to me a bug of some kind. I'm really sorry.

here's a bit of an experiment though to tell if it's really a bug or not. don't delete your old site. But create another site using the same template and re-create one of your pages and see if you still struggle with the text problems.

Also.. what template are you using? I want to see if I struggle with this too on my end.
Photo of dana Florea

dana Florea

• 78 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hi
I am using Numerology template. I liked it very much but in order to look good I need to use their default font style.
I am dissapointed that this happened when i have just finished it and I was just waiting to announce it here in our community. :( after two months of nightwork.
Photo of dana Florea

dana Florea

• 78 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I hope my case will be an example for everybody
Photo of Sanja

Sanja, Official Rep

• 10698 Posts
  • 495 Reply Likes
Hi Dana

I am able to change my fonts with no problems at all. You must still have something in your formatting or coding that is interfering with this ability to change your fonts.

See my screenshot:

All I can suggest is for you to try Monique's suggestion but put in a new text box. I wish I had other alternatives for you. I realize how frustrating this must be.
Photo of dana Florea

dana Florea

• 78 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hi there

Unfortunately I think it is a bug, otherwise I would not face what I face:

1) I paste text /or write it manually but I still have the same problem. heading 2 does not work normally (Trebuchet, bla, bla, bla) However, if I select the text and apply heading 2 and after that press Save and preview in preview the text looks as I want(but not in sitebuilder).
2) If I paste text and try to format it manually (choosing Trebuchet, small size, etc)...the text does not look as the original version but more like Arial style (even if Trebuchet looks ticked).

2) I tried to create another site. I have chosen teh same template. Normally and logically, that one should work, but even in that one there is the same problem with the default text that is the ugly one (Times new roman, black, etc) and the heading2.
The conclusion is only one: the main problem is not the text which I imported from word (and by the way, i have replaced most of the texts and I am going to continue doing till I finish).

I shall try tomorrow to open the sitebuilder from another computer and see if it is teh same problem.

The only solution I found for the moment was to leave the text as it is (a disaster in my suitebuilder) as long as this does not affect the Preview and the webside available online. But working in these circumstances is very difficult because I must click Preview ..for every new sentence I want to add to my site...plus sometimes there is a huge difference between the text position on my suitebuilder page and the position of text and pictures in the preview page ....
However this cannot work forever so most probably if I cannot solve it i'll be forced to move and build a site somewhere else...what shall I do??
Photo of Sanja

Sanja, Official Rep

• 10698 Posts
  • 495 Reply Likes
I know you said that you tried to download FF. May I encourage you to try this again? I am not having any problems viewing the changed text on my site builder using the Numerology template.

You have been incredibly patient and I just ask that if you can just wait a bit longer, I'm sure that Yola will have this sorted out. This problem has been untimely as Yola reps are not available this evening. Tomorrow, hopefully things will be brought back up to speed.
Photo of dana Florea

dana Florea

• 78 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hi!!!
Yeap i am waiting for Yola's support cause I really do not know what else I can do!
Meanwhile I have discovered that I cannot change the banner on my new pages (I cannot see the uploaded files from my File Manager-this is happening only if i want to change the banner).

I am waiting...
Photo of Sanja

Sanja, Official Rep

• 10698 Posts
  • 495 Reply Likes
I have found that after I upload my photos to my file manager, I need to click on update my site. Then, I proceed to add my images to the content area. Perhaps this may work for you?
Photo of Marije

Marije, Official Rep

• 4636 Posts
  • 237 Reply Likes
Hi Dana - Emmy is certainly looking into the problems you are experiencing. She's getting advice from other people on our team and will come back to you as soon as she has an answer.

The issue with not seeing your uploaded files is a different one, can you tell me which one of your sites is it happening on and which particular page?
Photo of dana Florea

dana Florea

• 78 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hi guys

littleus..I do not know why but i experience this only when changing the banner not when uploading the images inside the page.
With all the problems I have with the site right now, i am afraid to update till I do not find out what is going on. Anyway thanks a lot for your advice and I'll keep that in mind...

Marije, thanks for support. I saw Emmy is very active with this problem and I am waiting. Regarding the banner I cannot change...Are you able to see the problem directly from the sitebuilder? Maybe you can see the problem at www.egiptul.yolasite.com ( page name: "contact")...just let me know your opinion...

Thanks again
Photo of Marije

Marije, Official Rep

• 4636 Posts
  • 237 Reply Likes
Hi Dana - the images are visible in the file manager on the Contact page. Do you click on "Change Banner", the file manager opens and it's blank?
Photo of dana Florea

dana Florea

• 78 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Exactly,
I am sending now an email to Emmy with screenshots of these problems.
Thanks
Photo of dana Florea

dana Florea

• 78 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I just want to Thank a lot to all Yola employees and Yola Users who tried to help me solve my Problems. I really appreciate your help guys!!!
Special thanks to Emmy who followed all the issues and insisted till they were solved. I have no words to describe my feelings towards her and this wonderful team!!! Thank you for existing here for us!!!!
Photo of Sanja

Sanja, Official Rep

• 10698 Posts
  • 495 Reply Likes
I'm so glad it worked out dana. I know that was an extremely frustrating time for you.
Photo of Monique

• 6294 Posts
  • 446 Reply Likes
Yay, Dana and Emmy! Thank you both for persevering with this. I am glad that your issues could be resolved.