• Question
  • Updated 9 years ago
  • Answered
I am tring to load an excel file onto my website, i have previously done this by uploading the file to file manager and creating a link. now when i upload a file it loads with C:my documents etc and cannot be opened on the website, how do i get around this?
Photo of gurdial ram

gurdial ram

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
  • confused

Posted 9 years ago

Photo of Sanja

Sanja, Official Rep

• 10698 Posts
  • 495 Reply Likes
What happens if you rename the file so that it doesn't include the c:my documents, etc... To rename your file, go to your file manager, select your file, then right-click and then choose "rename".
Photo of Marije

Marije, Official Rep

• 4636 Posts
  • 237 Reply Likes
Hi Gurdial,

If you have added the file to your site, would you be able to post your URL so that we can take a look?

Here is how to upload a file so that people can view or download it from your site:
1. Drag and drop a file widget onto your page from the sidebar on the right (the icon for this looks like a computer disk).
2. A dialog box will open and you can choose to browse your computer for the file you want to upload or choose an already uploaded image.
3. When you click "OK" a link to your file will automatically be created. To test that it is working, save and preview your page.

People will then be able to click on your link and download your spreadsheet.