• Question
  • Updated 10 years ago
  • Answered
We have built a website with SynthaSite but own domain is with GoDaddy. I need the name servers to change on my GoDaddy HELP!!! EXAMPLE: NS03.DOMAINCONTROL.COM
Photo of Needing Answers

Needing Answers

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 10 years ago

Photo of Adrienne

• 106 Posts
  • 5 Reply Likes
Hi Needing Answers:

I wish I could help you more with the specifics of your individual case, but this would require me to access your hosting account provider (which I can't do, unfortunately...)

Please let me give you this URL to our new tutorial that gives you step-by-step detailed instructions regarding how to use your own domain name with SynthaSite. (GoDaddy is one of the main domain registrars that is featured in it):

The 2nd thing I have to mention is: has it been 48 hours? Bear in mind that DNS changes, like you have just made, can take up to 48 hours to propagate through the internet.

People have so many questions about domain names, and have helped each other out with some ideas of getting beyond what seems like an overwhelming hurdle. If you type in "domain" under topics in Get Satisfaction for SynthaSite, you'll see what I mean...

Here's a posting that's very similar to yours that may be helpful:

Good luck!

~ Adrienne
Photo of gv

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
i bought a domain thru godaddy and was using their free hosting (with banner). when i created my website using synthasite, all i had to do was go to dns manager (in godaddy) and change the "a host" to point to ip address given by synthasite. all working well now