Help with Advertising!?

• Question
  • Updated 10 years ago
  • Answered
How do you, if possible, add advertisements to your site yourself. That is, not through a service like google, but rather the company of the advertisement pays you directly and then you add the advertisement to your site and the company of the ads pay you directly rather than a service like google. ???
Photo of Donald

Donald

• 2991 Posts
  • 37 Reply Likes

Posted 10 years ago

Photo of John S | IWM Visual Designer

John S | IWM Visual Designer

• 393 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
Hi..

Company's will send you a image or html file... just hyper link them to a link they provide... that's the basic thing i have done...

Also i recommend you try this they advertise your site on other sites for free
http://www.feties.synthasite.com
Photo of Donald

Donald

• 2991 Posts
  • 37 Reply Likes
yea, I was just looking at that site. But, if you put someone's ad on your page that way, it will always be THEIR ad on THAT page... how can you make it change everytime the page is refreshed like google does when we post google ads? I also have an example... candyadds.com has an ad on the bottom of their site... THEY post those ads themselves rather than google or another source and it changes everytime the page is refreshed.
Photo of Connor McCarra

Connor McCarra, Champion

• 944 Posts
  • 47 Reply Likes
Hey Donald,

Google use a system or program called DoubleDart I think and this measures the clicks and all for the ads. I think they allow you to download it and use, but I'm not to sure on this topic. It would be a useful tool to have if you were making your own ads.
Photo of Donald

Donald

• 2991 Posts
  • 37 Reply Likes
yea, I'll check into that. Thanks.
Photo of Emmy

Emmy

• 5892 Posts
  • 299 Reply Likes
Hi Donald,

Here is a link to a free website that will generate for you the code for a rotating banner: http://www.htmlbasix.com/banner.shtml. I did just give it a try and it seems to work ok. Make sure to try it out on a test page before you actually put it on your site. When the code is generated you can drag an html widget onto your page and paste the code in. Hope it helps!

Emmy
Photo of Donald

Donald

• 2991 Posts
  • 37 Reply Likes
that's a great help, thank you Emmy!
Photo of Donald

Donald

• 2991 Posts
  • 37 Reply Likes
How can you create your own html? Say if I wanted to advertise on someone else's site, they would need an html from me... how can I do that?
Photo of Emmy

Emmy

• 5892 Posts
  • 299 Reply Likes
Hi Donald,

That would depend on what your advertisement would be. Do you have a banner image that you will have in your File Manager that you would like another site to use to link to your site, or are you wanting to create a text link? Let me know and I will help.

Emmy
Photo of Frostbytez

Frostbytez

• 180 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes
If you wanted advertisements from a company besides ad sites which ever company would have to give you a code, e.g

Get a free profile on myspace!

Of course it would have more code,
but thats a sample of what they
would give you.

Good Luck!
-FrostBytez

Photo of Frostbytez

Frostbytez

• 180 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes
oop my code didn't show up "< p >Get a free profile with myspace< p >"
i had to put spaces within the "p" because it wont show up.
and