Help with site searching?!

• Question
  • Updated 10 years ago
  • Answered
How can you do a site search where the visitors' can choose what to search. For example; Web or site in a drop down list. Or recipes, ingredients, articles, advanced search as options for one search bar. Is there a service that provides this? And please don't say google unless you'll be more specific than that bc I use google and I don't see this option available.
Photo of Donald

Donald

• 2991 Posts
  • 37 Reply Likes
  • fine

Posted 10 years ago

Photo of Donald

Donald

• 2991 Posts
  • 37 Reply Likes
Another good example, Allrecipes.com has it so you can search what recipes you do want and what recipes you don't want... this would be a good addition to a recipe website.
Photo of yolafan

yolafan

• 135 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes
Photo of Connor McCarra

Connor McCarra, Champion

• 944 Posts
  • 47 Reply Likes
Hey Donald,

More than likely the search engine on allrecipes.com is custom made with php so it is probably not possible on yola. http://www.bravenet.com/ offer a site search but I don't know what it is like. They also offer other useful site tools.

Connor
Photo of Donald

Donald

• 2991 Posts
  • 37 Reply Likes
I checked out the demo on that site and it appears that's what I am looking for, I'll check it out in a lil while... thanks for the help!
Photo of Sanja

Sanja, Official Rep

• 10698 Posts
  • 495 Reply Likes
A word about Bravenet... you will get ads with them... at least I have whenever I used their service.
Photo of Donald

Donald

• 2991 Posts
  • 37 Reply Likes
are the ads on your yola site? or on their site?
Photo of Sanja

Sanja, Official Rep

• 10698 Posts
  • 495 Reply Likes
I haven't used any of the Bravenet services on my Yola site. But I have on another site of mine and it shows up on my site. I used a guestbook feature of theirs, and in between some of the comments are their ads. Very annoying. How this works with a search function.. I'm not sure. It's free though... and you can always just try it out. If you happen not to like it, then you can delete it afterwards.
Photo of Connor McCarra

Connor McCarra, Champion

• 944 Posts
  • 47 Reply Likes
Bravenet love their ads! The ads will be on bravenet. They do offer good tools but the ads do drag them down. It would be good to have the premium no-ads service!

Connor
Photo of Frostbytez

Frostbytez

• 180 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes
Yola needs to add a AJAX Search box.