HELP - Yola's numbers messed up again (and again and again)!

  • 1
  • Question
  • Updated 9 years ago
go to the end of the document and look at the large numbered list. It's all one number.

http://sitebuilder.yola.com/sites/D7d...

Please help! :(
Photo of Donald

Donald

  • 2991 Posts
  • 37 Reply Likes
  • frustrated

Posted 9 years ago

  • 1
Photo of Donald

Donald

  • 2991 Posts
  • 37 Reply Likes
Also, why are the items starting just past the bullets underlined as the mouse is hovering over them... they aren't links!
Photo of Donald

Donald

  • 2991 Posts
  • 37 Reply Likes
and trying to backspace a number to get the line on the previous number to hit enter and hope that it would "continue counting"... browser stopped responding while trying to backspace a number.
Photo of Donald

Donald

  • 2991 Posts
  • 37 Reply Likes
I tried comparing the lines of the first 4 numbers (working correctly) and the other numbers (not working correctly) and the only problem in the html is the incorrectly working numbers have a number ending tag after each line

<!--
</LI>
-->

which you would think is the problem. While deleting these tags to make the line EXACTLY as the working numbers except for the "text" portion... all it does is add a space between the incorrect numbers, they are still all 1s. And NOTHING is different in the html from the correct numbers and the incorrect numbers.
Photo of Donald

Donald

  • 2991 Posts
  • 37 Reply Likes
I've come to the conclusion that my inserted anchor links didn't have an ending tag

<!--
</A>
-->

Inserting this tag solved the problem, however, I had to do it on all numbers individually... taking nearly 25 minutes of EXTRA time, that's in addition to the 3 1/2 hours I've already spent on this one widget.

:(
Photo of William

William

  • 294 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
donald ur a SCREAM lol
Photo of Donald

Donald

  • 2991 Posts
  • 37 Reply Likes
lol, maybe I should've screamed a little louder, thankfully I, (the self pronounced genius), was able to fix it myself.

*I like to flatter myself* - is it working? LOL
Photo of Donald

Donald

  • 2991 Posts
  • 37 Reply Likes
If I wasn't able to identify particular tags in an html such as ending tags beginning with the "/" symbol, I never would've solved the problem.

did you know, an ending tag in most cases generally includes the same beginning tag with the addition of "/"?

<!--
<SUP> and </SUP> - Superscript
<SUB> and </SUB> - Subscript
<a href="yourlink.com"> and </A> - link (the </A> tag can be used for multiple instances
<B> and </B> - Bold
<I> and </I> - Italics
<U> and </U> - Underline
-->

*just a few examples of how ending tags are similar to the beginning tags* - I also believe the tag is also used for bold if I'm not mistaken.
Photo of Donald

Donald

  • 2991 Posts
  • 37 Reply Likes
ok... just proved myself right again, I meant to say

I also believe the
<!--
<STRONG>
-->
tag is also used for bold if I'm not mistaken - and then it bolds it LOL that's funny.
Photo of William

William

  • 294 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
billy wishes he knew what donald was talkin about lmao..
Photo of John McCarthy

John McCarthy

  • 1292 Posts
  • 99 Reply Likes
Donald I Hate To Be Mean
But What Are You Talking About?
No one can understand all this text it just confuses us.
Thats why no one has replied
Photo of Donald

Donald

  • 2991 Posts
  • 37 Reply Likes
If you viewed my link above when the problem persisted (before I fixed it) you would've seen that I had 4 numbers (1 through 4) three bullets (bullets which were a sub of number 4) and then 182 numbers in the list (all number 1s)... it took me a while to figure out that the correctly numbered numbers (1 through 4 - before the bullets) had an <!-- </A> --> ending tag after the self inserted anchor tags but for some reason the incorrectly numbered list did not have the ending tag. This served as two problems... the numbers did not continue counting... every number was number 1 and it appeared to be a link - hovering over the line a underline appeared but it was not a clickable link. It took me more time to figure out than I wanted it to take, then I had to manually fix all 182 incorrect lines - in html that's searching through 364 lines and time consuming.