How can I get more visitors to my site?

• Question
  • Updated 8 years ago
  • Answered
Plz help me get more visitors to my website...http://www.besttruckjunction.com..
Photo of Prageeth Acharya

Prageeth Acharya

• 9 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
  • confused

Posted 8 years ago

Prageeth Acharya

• 9 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I m doing directory submission,forums,blogs,classifieds,link exchange in the last 2 month....but when i check my visitors in google analytics it showing very less visitors..is there any another option without directory submission,forums,blogs,classifieds,link exchange ???
Photo of Kershnee

Kershnee

• 2087 Posts
  • 152 Reply Likes
Hi Prageeth,

If you haven't already, then I would suggest trying out the following:

**Submitting Articles to Article Directories:**
There are many article directories on the Internet that accept unpaid submissions of articles for inclusion in their article database. What you can do is write informative articles about your niche area, submit them to these article directories, and place an Author Bio at the end with a link back to your website. When you submit your articles to an article directory you give other people permission to reprint your article in their Internet publications such as websites, newsletters, blogs etc. as long as the Author Bio is included along with the links back to your website. As people begin to read your articles and reprint them, you will begin to not only get links back to your site, but visitors as well. Here are a few good article directories to get you started: ideamarketers.com., ezinearticles.com. and articlealley.com.

**Social Networking:**
Social networking sites include sites such as myspace.com, facebook.com and youtube.com, and that is just scratching the surface. This strategy for increasing traffic to your website can be time consuming, as the idea is to basically get "social" with other people using these sites; but the benefits to your website in terms of traffic and links can be outstanding, but staying engaged is a key factor.

**Twitter:**
Another great way to promote your site and any updates you make is through Twitter. If you have a Twitter account, you can easily Tweet any changes or updates you make when you publish! For more information on this please see this thread in our forum: Twitter Button - Tweet your new site or your latest changes!

If you don't have a Twitter account and would like to get one to make use of this promotion tool, please go to Twitter.com and sign up for a Free account!

**Offline Marketing:**
Don't forget to add your website to your business cards, brochures and print media advertising.

Strategies which will increase traffic to your website will also play into your ranking in the search engines; it's a great cycle to get your website into... more traffic = better rankings and better rankings = more traffic!

Yola has developed a short series of SEO Tutorials which will take you through the process of building, maintaining and promoting your website with search engine optimization in mind, here is a link: SEO Tutorials.

Prageeth Acharya

• 9 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
thanx Kershnee..i did many article submission in many Article Directories such as articlepool.com,articlesnacth.com, articlecity.com..etc
only 2 or 3 articles are get approved other articles showing pending for approval,i was submit those articles 1 month ago.....
.about social network site i have account in orkut and facebook...but i dont understand how to promote mi site through social networking sites...and i am gonna make a account in twitter today....

about ofline marketting i am not intrested in this....

Can u explain me how to make a XML-sitemap for search engines????
Photo of KanThaiDecor

KanThaiDecor

• 2402 Posts
  • 263 Reply Likes
Yola makes our .xml site maps for us as were create our pages.
Photo of Marije

Marije, Official Rep

• 4636 Posts
  • 237 Reply Likes
Hi Prageeth - you can find information on your XML sitemap on this link: http://www.yola.com/customer-support/...

Prageeth Acharya

• 9 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
good link....thanx

Prageeth Acharya

• 9 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
What is the diffrence between SEO and SMO? which is more effective?
Photo of jeremy

jeremy, Employee

• 1349 Posts
  • 90 Reply Likes
Hi there Prageeth,

SEO is Search Engine Optimization where you optimize your site for Search Engines so that when people search for particular terms or words they see your site in the listings.

SMO is Social Media Optimization. SMO is all about driving traffic from sources that aren't search engines. You generally do this by linking to sites, utilizing your community and encouraging people to share your work.

You can have a strategy for both and do both at the same time but you need to take a look at your network of friends and users and see which would be most beneficial to your site - trying to find people via search or trying to find people via your network - it is really up to you and you can do both simultaneously.

If you don't have such an extensive network then probably try SEO but if you have a wide, engaged network of friends and colleagues, try SMO... and remember you can do both.

I hope this helps.

Prageeth Acharya

• 9 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
ok..means best for me is SEO...

Is it possible to Get More Traffic to My Site Using Google Images
Photo of jeremy

jeremy, Employee

• 1349 Posts
  • 90 Reply Likes
Hi there Prageeth,

Yes, you can use Google Images - it is pretty much an image search tool that indexes relevant images.

Remember - search engines cannot "see" graphics, they read text. You can help the search engines "see" the topic of your graphics by giving them something called an "alternate attribute" or "alternate text".

To give your image alternate text in Yola you can:

1. Click on the image.
2. Click on the Properties tab on the Sidebar to the right of your screen.
3. Scroll down to the "Alternative Text" field.
4. Enter text to describe your image including your keyword possibly.
5. Click Apply.

I hope this helps.

Prageeth Acharya

• 9 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
hi friends ...i checked mi google analytics still my visitor is less...what should i do

Prageeth Acharya

• 9 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
how to promote a website through twitter????
Photo of Sanja

Sanja, Official Rep

• 10698 Posts
  • 495 Reply Likes
Hello Prageeth

If you have a Twitter account, you can easily Tweet any changes or updates you make when you publish! For more information on this please see this thread in our forum: Twitter Button - Tweet your new site or your latest changes!. If you don't have a Twitter account and would like to get one to make use of this promotion tool, please go to Twitter.com and sign up for a Free account!

Prageeth Acharya

• 9 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
hi friends..how to improve my keyword ranking in google search engine..early it was in between 50 and 150 but now it goes 300-350.what should i do?
Photo of Marije

Marije, Official Rep

• 4636 Posts
  • 237 Reply Likes
Hi Prageeth - I think this link will help you: http://www.yola.com/customer-support/...