How can I make sure my yola membership is not automatically renewed?

• Question
  • Updated 7 years ago
  • Answered
Archived

This conversation was archived and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: The steps to cancel Yola Silver on this post are no longer applicable.

Photo of iam

iam

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 8 years ago

Photo of Brianna

Brianna

• 2045 Posts
  • 92 Reply Likes
Hi iam,

If you have purchased Yola Silver after 11 August 2011, it will be set to automatically renew. To opt out of this, please follow these steps:

1. Log in to My Yola.
2. Click on “Account”, in the left-hand menu.
3. In your Account Information, click on "Cancel auto-renewal".
4. Confirm that you would like to turn off auto-renewal.
5. Auto-renewal for your Yola Silver subscription will be canceled.

If you have purchased a domain after 11 August 2011, the same will apply. In order to opt out of this, please follow these steps:

1. Log in to My Yola.
2. Click on “Domains” in the left-hand menu.
3. Under the “Status” heading your auto-renewal status will be indicated.
4. To turn off auto-renewal, click cancel and confirm that you would like to turn off auto-renewal.
5. Auto-renewal for your domain will be canceled.

This facility is offered for your convenience so that your domain or subscription does not lapse if you forget to renew at your next anniversary. Please let us know if you have any troubles opting out of auto renewal.
Photo of iam

iam

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Thanks for your reply. When I click on 'My Account' on the left there is only an account summary, there is no option to cancel auto renew. In 'Domains', my status is 'active', again no option to cancel auto renew. Please help, thanks!
Photo of Parthiv

Parthiv

• 126 Posts
  • 10 Reply Likes
Maybe you purchased (or the system thinks you purchased) Yola Silver before the 11th of August?
Photo of Emmy

Emmy

• 5892 Posts
  • 299 Reply Likes
Hello Iam,
I am thinking Parthiv might be correct, can you let us know what your domain name is and we can take a closer look.

Thanks,
Emmy
Photo of mark.a.stock

mark.a.stock

• 0 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hi Brianna

You've said above that BOTH the options relate to accounts created after 11th August - I assume one should say before?

Either way, I've tried both suggestions and still cannot see an option to suspend autorenewal? my domain is projects-man.co.uk
Photo of Joe El Khoury

Joe El Khoury

• 15 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hello, I have the same problem, I am subscribed to Yola Bronze. When I try to delete my payement method it says that it is linked to an active subscription and that I cannot delete it before replacing it with a new payement method. Well I do not have another payement method and won't need it anw :P but I would like to delete my current one because I don't want my card's details to stay saved on the site. I checked my domains and turned off autorenewal there, but it still refuses to delete my card. So I think that maybe there is autorenewal activated for my subscription? how can I stop it without cancelling my subscription to yola Bronze of course, so I can finally delete the payement method?
I went to the Account page as suggested above but couldnt find the option... All I have is the expiry date and an option to cancel my subscription... don't know if that means that autorenewal is not enabled, but then, why cant I delete my payement method???

Thank you :)
Photo of Jackie

Jackie

• 640 Posts
  • 35 Reply Likes
Hi Joe,

Could you provide us with your email login to your Yola account so that we can investigate?

Thanks!
Photo of Joe El Khoury

Joe El Khoury

• 15 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
hello Jackie and thanks for replying :)
Here's my email login: admin@fm2015.com
Photo of Jackie

Jackie

• 640 Posts
  • 35 Reply Likes
Thank you for coming back with this information! I have checked your account and you still have an active Yola Bronze subscription, which is why you are unable to delete your payment method. You can cancel the auto-renewal on the subscription by following these steps:

1. Login to your Yola account.
2. Click "Account" on the left-hand menu.
3. Click the "Cancel" link next to your Yola Bronze subscription information.
4. Confirm that you want to cancel the auto-renewal on your subscription.

Once this is done you will be able to delete your payment method. Please let me know if you require any further assistance with this.

Thanks!
Photo of Joe El Khoury

Joe El Khoury

• 15 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
ok thank you!! Do you confirm that by clicking Cancel I would only be stopping autorenewal and NOT cancelling my whole Bronze package? because it looks like that, and I DO need my package for the rest of my subscription time :P
Photo of Laura Thomas

Laura Thomas

• 4536 Posts
  • 211 Reply Likes
Hi Joe,

Yes, I can confirm that will only cancel the auto-renewal and not your account or current level of service.
Photo of Joe El Khoury

Joe El Khoury

• 15 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
great, thank you! :)
And thanks for your great customer service :)
Photo of Laura Thomas

Laura Thomas

• 4536 Posts
  • 211 Reply Likes
Always a pleasure Joe!
Photo of Claire Parker

Claire Parker

• 35 Posts
  • 5 Reply Likes
Hi I have Silver and I have the same problem - I cannot cancel my auto renewal. I do not want my credit card details stored on any websites now. I have just found out to my own cost that although there are certain protections in place in case of misuse or errors of such details, the protection does not include interest charges, bank charges and credit card charges.
Photo of Stefan

Stefan, Official Rep

• 4448 Posts
  • 190 Reply Likes
Hello Claire

We're serious about your security online and will never share your personal information with any third-parties. We’ve integrated with Verifi payment gateway to ensure that your credit card details are stored in a highly secure Payment Vault that is fully compliant with the Payment Card Industry’s Data Security Standard. Read more about it here.

Yola will not charge you any interest charges on your credit card because if your credit card payment method fails, you will simply not be able to renew our service. The worst case is that your package will be downgraded to a Yola Free account and your website will be unpublished.

In terms of bank and credit card charges you will obviously need to ask your bank or credit card issuer as those charges are beyond our control.

If you'd still like to cancel auto-renewal of your Yola Silver hosting package, you can do so by clicking on "Cancel" next to your package name ("Silver") under your Account tab in your My Yola. Although this looks like you cancel the whole package, you will later get e-mail reminders for renewing your services manually.

Please let us know if you have any further questions on stored payment and auto-renewal. Thanks.
Photo of Beth

Beth

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I received email reminders to renew my domain name before it expired (which was already apparently on auto-renewal) but did not receive any emails regarding the site hosting renewal. I just checked my credit card and saw a charge on it from Yola. Why would I receive an email reminder for one of the renewals and not for the other if they were both apparently on auto-renewal? I cannot remove the account from auto-renewal for the hosting as there are no options to do so.
Additionally, when I was renewing the domain name there was an option for selecting registration information privacy. It did not list any information that it would cost an additional amount nor what it was. I tried to find information about it before renewing but was unable to. I find out AFTER renewing that it is an additional $10 a year and still can't find out what it is for.
Photo of Stefan

Stefan, Official Rep

• 4448 Posts
  • 190 Reply Likes
Hello Beth

I'm sorry if you got e-mail reminders although your subscriptions are all on auto-renewal. In order to check that everything is in order, can you please provide your domain name for me to find your Yola account in our system?

Domain Privacy is a paid add-on, but you can get it one year for free at your first purchase if you choose to pay annually. Afterwards it will be billed additionally unless you uncheck the option on checkout while you manually renew. The payment screen will always display to you what add-ons you chose and how much they cost. When you deselect add-ons, your order total will be updated for you to check before you purchase.

When people register their custom domain anywhere (not just with Yola), they will always need to give some personal information, such as their physical address, telephone number, etc. This information is publicly accessible on websites like who.is. If you choose Domain Privacy, this information will be undisclosed for domain look-ups in order to protect you from spammers and telemarketers. It's quite useful and worth the extra fee, I'd recommend to keep it. If you don't want it, please send us your request, using our Contact Support Form to be able to connect you with your Yola account, and we will remove it when it expires.
Photo of Beth

Beth

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
The domain is karmelcountry.com. I would like to be able to remove the hosting from auto-renewal (I finally figured out how to do that with the domain renewal).
Photo of Laura Thomas

Laura Thomas

• 4536 Posts
  • 211 Reply Likes
Hi Beth,

As Stefan indicated above, you need to submit a request to support here and we'll assist you with your account management concerns. If you send your message to my attention and include a link to this forum post, we can remove your hosting auto-renewal today. We require you to contact us direct for these matters to verify your account ownership. Thanks for your cooperation.